Main Menu

NFL season

Started by Blue In BC, August 05, 2020, 03:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: ModAdmin on January 03, 2023, 04:06:05 AM
Hamlin is is in critical condition following a scary on-field injury against the Cincinnati Bengals Monday night, has normal vitals has but been put on a breathing tube, per a statement from Hamlin's marketing rep, Jordan Rooney.
I read that to. Hopefully he can pull through but odds I read are not that good. Prayers!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 03, 2023, 03:29:30 AM
yes. Still no update. Just watched the replay of the contact. He took a hard shot but nothing to crazy. It was super scary to see him just collapse after getting up with ease.

I've frame-by-framed the shot and it's a nothingburger in terms of "big hit".  We see that shot all the time in the CFL.  Anyone telling you it's a big, unusual shot is lying.  Use a yt grabber to get it from yt and frame-by-frame it.  No real head/neck snapping motion (for concussion/vertebrae damage), no helmet to the chest (but there is a shoulder to the left chest a bit).

No one who watches every CFL game (or NFL game) will tell you this is a "big" hit.  And if they want to say this is a big and dangerous hit then it's the end of tackle football because you will no longer be able to do anything to bring a player down.  There might be other factors at play.  I'll leave that to your imagination and let time sort it out.

If he was without oxygen for the 9 mins they were reviving him then he might have brain damage and that could be part of why they'll keep him in a coma.  Pray for the man, he's a brother in football and didn't deserve this.  Not sure if he's married/kids, but pray too for his family.
Never go full Rider!

Jockitch

Shocking situation to that extent and crossing fingers for a complete recovery
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

ModAdmin

"Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin, 24, is in "critical condition" in the hospital after suffering cardiac arrest when he collapsed mid-game against the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night, his team said.

Hamlin's heartbeat was restored on the field and he was taken to a Cincinnati hospital, the Bills said."
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

theaardvark

He's getting better.  Pronger had this same thing happen taking a puck to the chest, and he played 12 more seasons after recovery...

Total fluke, absolute worst confluence of conditions to make this happen.  Has to be an exact co-ordination of compression from the hit and the timing of the electrical charge for the heartbeat.  Takes a few seconds after the heart actually stops for the player to collapse.

I can't believe the Charlie Kirk crowd jumped on the myocardidtis bandwagon, blaming vaccines for this.  Well, I actually can believe it, and actually have seen tweets from people remarking that they have heard people discussing this bologna in public.  Hoping this has the exact opposite effect they hoped for, people seem to be reacting, in general, with disgust to anyone spouting this crapolla.
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

Blue In BC

There were comments during pre-season or early season IIRC that we should add another veteran kicker like Brett Maher. lol

He missed 4 converts for the Cowboys in the Monday night playoff game.

Jerry Jones ( or someone joking posting as him ) asked: " Is there anybody in the stands that can kick converts, c'mon down we have a jersey for you.

Maher probably kicks 100% in his next game.  It does show you that even veterans can have a bad day.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

DM83

Yes Maher missing was extremely odd.
No doubt Jones would have said that up in his booth.
The Cowboys probably have a few guys kicking around(pun intended)
Plus it's Texas, probably many more.

GOLDMEMBER

Here we go

Jags at Chiefs

blue_gold_84

#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

Pigskin

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jockitch

Agree that it twas at least a year overdue but he definitely was one of the G.O.A.T at Qb.

Wonder if Tampa will take a swing at trading for Rodgers from Gr. Bay
BOMBERS ARE GREY CUP " CHAMPS "

HUSTLE & MUSCLE

theaardvark

Who has his CFL rights currently?
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on February 01, 2023, 06:39:47 PM
I really hope he stays retired. He played a couple of years to long.
really? He had one of his best statistical years ever in 2021 and was one late defensive drive lapse away from another SB appearance. This year he still had 25 TDS and 60%+ comp %. He had no running game and poor Defense. This year he was average last he had MVP stats.

Pigskin

Anybody watch the NFL pro bowl flag football game?
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Jesse

My wife is amazing!