Main Menu

NFL season

Started by Blue In BC, August 05, 2020, 03:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue In BC

Normally I don't watch much NFL during the CFL season. At the moment I'm anxious to see some football so eagerly awaiting their season to start.

Will also be interested in the ex CFL players to see how they do for those that make NFL squads.

Let the games begin. Hopefully the players will be smart and not indulge in actions that put them and others at risk ( bars and parties etc ).

Since there is no bubble possible for the NFL, there is a significant amount of risk involved.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

I'm with you 100%. Had this conversation with friends while watching the Jets game last night. Hockey back is nice but it's a different animal in the middle of the summer, after a huge interruption, with an odd format. NFL will basically be going as normal, and it's now been a very long time since we've gotten to see football so we're all dying here for it. I follow relatively closely, at least catching a few games or at least bits and pieces each Sunday (and Thursday and Monday if they're gooders), but this year with not much else going on (depending on how the Jets/NHL plays out, and certainly after that's done in early Oct), I will be paying very close attention.

This is exacerbated as the weather cools down and if we get hit with Phase 1 or 2 again from a second wave, I really won't have much else to do for leisure.

Definitely excited to see The Show.
#Ride?

Blue In BC

50 or so players that have opted out of the season so far. Likely a few more by the deadline tomorrow. It gives some rookies a new chance to get onto rosters but we'll miss some top players not playing.

2019 Grey Cup Champions

TecnoGenius

Addison was waived from his presumptive NFL team, so perhaps he'll be back in the CFL soon... I'd be interested if he's cheap.  Super versatile player, kind of like Demski, but an IMP.
Never go full Rider!

Blue In BC

Quote from: TecnoGenius on August 07, 2020, 03:43:32 AM
Addison was waived from his presumptive NFL team, so perhaps he'll be back in the CFL soon... I'd be interested if he's cheap.  Super versatile player, kind of like Demski, but an IMP.

We have a bunch of really good imports at receiver including some rookies signed during the off season.

The catch 22 is that we have a bunch of receivers that are potentially free agents going into 2021. I have no idea whether the off season signings will still be available for TC 2021. It's unlikely they will get to make the 2020 roster or play if there is no season.

So it's a question of timing. I'd have zero interest in signing Addision at the moment until we know the status of everybody else. I suppose interest would increase after initial free agency period in 2021.

At this point even the 2021 season is up in the air. IMO there will be a 2021 season but what it will look like regarding SMS, ratio, roster size, free agency ( we have 36 potential free agents ), retirements, NFL losses,  are all up in the air.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

Pigskin

NFL handing out more BIG fines today for violation of Covid rules.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Compared to NBA, and the NHL, the NFL is a nightmare when it comes to Covid. Even the MLB had more control. Which brings up the question, should the NFL do some sort of a bubble for there playoffs like the MLB did.

Pigskin

Bills/Cardinals was a very good game.

Blue In BC

Quote from: Pigskin on November 16, 2020, 04:38:55 AM
Bills/Cardinals was a very good game.

Quite the Hail Mary finish. I watched a lot of the game mostly to see if Strev got any reps. Even in short yardage the Cardinals starting QB stays in. He's a multi level talent.
2019 Grey Cup Champions

blue_or_die

Quote from: Blue In BC on November 16, 2020, 05:16:45 PM
Quite the Hail Mary finish. I watched a lot of the game mostly to see if Strev got any reps. Even in short yardage the Cardinals starting QB stays in. He's a multi level talent.

This is normal in the NFL. You hardly ever see the backup.

Anyway, yeah, the catch by Hopkins was out of this world. He had 4 defenders swarming him.
#Ride?

Pigskin

Haskins dies in car crash.

GOLDMEMBER

Damar Hamlin condition is serious. Gotta feel for him, his family, his friends. Have not heard how he is doing yet. Sure hope  he can pull through. Monumental incident is all sports. Prayers.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

Pigskin

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on January 03, 2023, 03:19:29 AM
Damar Hamlin condition is serious. Gotta feel for him, his family, his friends. Have not heard how he is doing yet. Sure hope  he can pull through. Monumental incident is all sports. Prayers.

Yes, it's terrible. He's still in critical condition.

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: Pigskin on January 03, 2023, 03:24:14 AM
Yes, it's terrible. He's still in critical condition.
yes. Still no update. Just watched the replay of the contact. He took a hard shot but nothing to crazy. It was super scary to see him just collapse after getting up with ease.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

ModAdmin

Hamlin is is in critical condition following a scary on-field injury against the Cincinnati Bengals Monday night, has normal vitals has but been put on a breathing tube, per a statement from Hamlin's marketing rep, Jordan Rooney.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden