XFL has new ownership....

Started by VictorRomano, August 03, 2020, 02:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigskin

I am hearing no XFL till the spring of 2022??? Anyone hear this report.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

ModAdmin

"The XFL, which was acquired over the summer by Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia and RedBird Capital Partners, says it will not play in 2021 but plans to return in 2022.

"It's an uphill battle," Johnson wrote in a tweet, "but we're hungry, humble and no one will outwork us."

The upstart off-season rival to the NFL, a reanimated version of the one created by NBC and wrestling magnate Vince McMahon two decades ago, got a few weeks into its season before COVID-19 struck the U.S. McMahon funneled some $200 million into the effort to revive the league but it declared bankruptcy in the spring. The new owners picked it up for just $15 million."
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

TecnoGenius

I actually think that's a very good move for XFL.  Moving too fast hurt them last time IMHO.

However, if XFL doesn't feel comfortable going ahead, what does that spell for the CFL... both are gate-driven and in similar situations.

I sincerely hope Ambrosie et al are working feverishly right at this moment to make sure the CFL happens come spring, no excuses.

As for MOS's comments with Tait recently... wow, those really aren't inspiring confidence in the future the of CFL!   I wonder what he knows that we don't...
Never go full Rider!

Leroy Brown

If an XFL team were established in Winnipeg, would they get access to IG Field? Ditto Regina?

I can't really see how the Bombers could stop them or even place them at a competitive disadvantage. Wade could still make money.

Pigskin

Quote from: Leroy Brown on December 26, 2020, 08:46:00 PM
If an XFL team were established in Winnipeg, would they get access to IG Field? Ditto Regina?

I can't really see how the Bombers could stop them or even place them at a competitive disadvantage. Wade could still make money.

Someone has had a few to many today. I put this down with Trump won the election. Or Germany ever had a chance to beat Canada.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Leroy Brown

This forum is so heavily moderated it becomes very tiresome.

Blue In BC

Tin hat idea. XFL couldn't survive in the USA past 1/2 their 1st season. Technically it was conceptually a spring league to avoid playing against the NFL or even college teams.

It's not even supposed to have teams in place until 2022. Previous teams, players and coaches will be starting from scratch if at all.

Why would you even ask the question?
2019 Grey Cup Champions