Main Menu

Classic Cars

Started by ModAdmin, July 12, 2020, 06:07:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ModAdmin

Some here may be fans of classic or vintage cars.  My first new car was a 1959 Volkswagen Beetle which I bought new, off the showroom floor, for $1,600.  Just saw the same car advertised for $35,900!  Times change everything!

My all time favourite classic cars are the 1955 and 1956 Chevrolet Bel Air and the 1956 Ford Crown Victoria.

If you have a favourite or you own a classic, let us know about it.
"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden

GOLDMEMBER

Ducati 998SP

Or the new 2020 Ducati Streetfighter V4S. Saw the only one love in Manitoba yesterday. WOW what a bike!

Bike but my favourite
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TecnoGenius

I'm a car nut, but a fast / modern car nut.  I agree the Bel Air is nice to look at.  One of the best things about WPG is all the classic cars we have around and how often people take them out to drive around for everyone to see.  Not sure if show & shines will be happening this year, but they are always fun.

My 7yo son is a car nut and can name virtually every classic car (going back to the 30's) at a glance since around 4yo.  I can't remotely compete with that.

My fave would be a Porsche 356.
Never go full Rider!

Go Big Blue

Had a 64 Chevy Impala SS white convertible with a red leather interior. It only had a 283 which was easier on the tires and the wallet for gas. Downfall: It was a little cool in the winter and the plastic rear window scratched and faded in the sun.
The "Selkirk Milkman" Cec Luning's "Moo Cow" Cream Play of the 107th Grey Cup - #3 Thiadric Hansen: One hit takes out two Tiger Cats.

pjrocksmb

I am not old enough for the classics but I like import older cars.

Owned two late 80s MR2s, both were rebuilt titles so I didn't keep them.  Love them.  One was supercharged, miss that car.  Handling by Lotus.  Picked the supercharged up from the USA (LA), drove home without insurance b/c MPI screwed up the terminology on the title.  Had to sleep in it b/c was worried would be stolen.  2 seater, didn't sleep well LOL.

Just sold a 03 Acura TL 3.2L type S was 260HP or something and really zippy for a little car.

I sold a mid 2000s Sentra type SER spec V last summer, zippy little car.  Got a 05 Infiniti G35x (AWD), 240HP, nice little car.  Will be good for winter road trips skiing.

My Dad has a 86 Cressida growing up nice premium rear wheel sedan with the Supra motor.

My dream car is a Nissan GTR but would settle on the twin turbo skyline.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: pjrocksmb on July 17, 2020, 02:13:03 AM
My dream car is a Nissan GTR but would settle on the twin turbo skyline.

All nice cars.  The Skyline would be fun.

The original NSX was a great car in that vein too.  Never got to drive one though.  There's one that shows up at the Show & Shine sometimes.  Amazingly high-tech for the 80's era.
Never go full Rider!

Pigskin

I have a 1979 RX7 which is mint and only 18,000 miles. Also a 1974 Porsche 914 with the 1.8L. Also mint with 27,000 mile. Both toys more then anything.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

pjrocksmb

Quote from: Pigskin on July 24, 2020, 06:00:35 PM
I have a 1979 RX7 which is mint and only 18,000 miles. Also a 1974 Porsche 914 with the 1.8L. Also mint with 27,000 mile. Both toys more then anything.
Both sound pretty special.

Don't know much about the NSX but sound cool.

TecnoGenius

Quote from: Pigskin on July 24, 2020, 06:00:35 PM

How's the RX7's rotary holding up?  Any weird rebuild work required to keep air compression up?  I love the RX-series for simply trying to be different.

The 914 is a fun little thing.  Not many in WPG.  You a member of the PCA?
Never go full Rider!