Blue Bombers Forum
August 12, 2022, 04:50:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "We just want things to be better" | Jefferson speaks out  (Read 1501 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: June 01, 2020, 09:16:39 PM »

"We just want things to be better" | Jefferson speaks out - Ed Tait

Willie Jefferson has a voice and a platform and is using it in an attempt to be heard.

And hopefully, affect change.

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers' defensive end, along with his wife Holly, have been very active on social media in speaking out about what has unfolded since the murder of George Floyd in Minneapolis and the protests that have followed.

"Everything that I'm doing, everything that my wife is doing is just us trying to do something for the better," said Jefferson in a conversation with bluebombers.com on Monday. "We're not trying to be hateful black people. Right now there?s a lot of emotion and people are saying or doing things that they wouldn't normally do. My wife and I are very aware of what we're saying and what's going on. We're not the type of people that just get on social media and bombard you with things. We just want to let people know we see what's going on, we don't agree with what's going on, and we want justice for what's happened.

"We want people to see us in a different light, to see us as black human beings, not just black people."

It's more than that, too, Jefferson insisted. Racism is everywhere and affects millions all over the planet. But the Floyd murder has struck another nerve and moved people to speak out, the Jeffersons included.....

The rest of Willie's comments can be read here!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2020, 12:24:57 AM »

Need more people like Willie speaking out to what's right.  Role models for the next gen.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: