Blue Bombers Forum
August 12, 2022, 04:42:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "I can't wait to go out and see Willie Jefferson" | Dheilly.  (Read 2017 times)
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« on: May 06, 2020, 07:42:08 PM »

"I can't wait to go out and see Willie Jefferson" | Dheilly looking forward to learning from idol - Ed Tait

Smack dab in the heart of Riderville, in the east end of Regina, a small pocket of Winnipeg Blue Bombers fans gathered around the television and the computer last Thursday night to watch the 2020 Canadian Football League Draft unfold.

And by night's end they were celebrating a development: one of their own - University of Saskatchewan defensive end Nick Dheilly - had just officially become a member of their favourite club.

"My dad was saying this is fate," began Dheilly. "It's funny, we grew up in Regina, but we always used to wear Bombers jerseys to Labour Day. It was the funniest thing ever, having all these fans yelling at you.

"My dad is from Brandon; I've got grandparents in Brandon and Dauphin and a few uncles in Winnipeg. It's pretty ironic that I got drafted there. It's cool. I've got a lot of people in my family who are very happy."

The Bombers selected Dheilly in the fifth round, 46th overall, last week capping what had been an anxious and ultimately emotional day for the Regina product, a Canada West All-Star last year after registering six sacks, 11 tackles for a loss, an interception and 24 tackles in 10 games, including playoffs.

"It was pretty nerve-wracking after the first few rounds went by because I was projected to go in the second or third round," said Dheilly. "So, after the third round went by I got some big jitters. Then the fourth round went by and I couldn't even look at the computer by then... I just put it away, put my phone in my pocket and went outside.........."

Ed Tait's article on draft selection Nick Dheilly is here!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
blue_or_die

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2020, 11:04:15 PM »

That is awesome that he has Manitoba roots!!!

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 05:55:26 PM »

Love awesome story. Hope he makes the team!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: