Blue Bombers Forum
November 30, 2022, 05:38:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good Reading on Chris Streveler and Pete Constanza  (Read 5430 times)
ichabod_crane

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2020, 01:05:56 AM »

He can definitely down them,  but OV?!? From what I remember it was skunk p*ss!!! Right up there with the famous extra old stock !!

OV was certainly horrible. I'm not a fan of Pilsners in general as more bitter. Extra Old stock people only bought because it had higher alcohol content than most beers, but was awful taste as well. Some honourable mentions to add to this infamous group are Club beer and the old Canadian recipe...tasted like Aspirin dissolved in it at least to me until they changed the recipe!  Now it's passable, but still not great really. Cheesy

Looks like Standard Lager is still made in Manitoba. That was a decent one back in the day: https://www.liquormarts.ca/product/standard-lager/15-x-355-ml
ichabod_crane

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2020, 01:09:23 AM »

Pete really moved to Winnipeg because his brother George said the Kung Pao Chicken is better in the Peg than Calgary! Cheesy Georgie really likes his Kung Pow! Wink 
dd

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2020, 06:48:40 PM »

OV was certainly horrible. I'm not a fan of Pilsners in general as more bitter. Extra Old stock people only bought because it had higher alcohol content than most beers, but was awful taste as well. Some honourable mentions to add to this infamous group are Club beer and the old Canadian recipe...tasted like Aspirin dissolved in it at least to me until they changed the recipe!  Now it's passable, but still not great really. Cheesy

Looks like Standard Lager is still made in Manitoba. That was a decent one back in the day: https://www.liquormarts.ca/product/standard-lager/15-x-355-ml
E gad they were bad beers...white seal was another beauty!!! You knew it was time to leave a party when that was the only beer left in the fridge!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: