Blue Bombers Forum
November 30, 2022, 05:41:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which CFL team suffers the most from Covid-19?  (Read 5421 times)
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2020, 03:14:56 AM »

Teams with weakest ownership groups will have a tough time.  Those that have solid fan bases will fair better.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2020, 05:24:53 AM »

The Riders likely suffer the most as they may lose out on hosting a Grey Cup.

If it comes to that, 2021's GC is taken by HAM, but 2022 is open (I think).  SSK could take the 2022, and I'm sure the league would oblige.  Heck, I wouldn't say it's impossible they push HAM back to 2022 and give SSK 2021.  Again, if it comes to that.

Never go full Rider!
blueandgoldguy

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2020, 02:59:42 AM »

All 9 franchises suffer the most because in the very likely event that the season is cancelled - gatherings of more than a few hundred people will not be allowed before fall at a bare minimum - we will see a few owners walk away from their respective franchises.  Teams are break-even propositions at best with no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.  With no revenues and millions of dollars in expenses even without having to pay players, we are likely to see owners in Montreal (their wealth rather suspect), Calgary (losing millions on Flames with likelihood of season cancellation and having to spend $275 million on new arena),  and BC (losing millions already and the franchise was previously worth a fraction of what Braley wanted) throw up their hands and say "Enough."  2 or 3 teams folding would likely be so significant that the CFL would cease operations and a new league would have to be formed in its place.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: