Blue Bombers Forum
September 23, 2021, 10:25:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mouthguards optional?  (Read 922 times)
TecnoGenius

« on: March 08, 2020, 06:15:40 AM »

Are mouthguards mandatory or optional in the CFL?  I think they are still optional in the NFL.  Can't find anything regarding the CFL.  That said, I'm not sure I can recall seeing any Bomber without a mouthguard in recent years.  If it's optional, can someone name a player they know doesn't use one?  And how can the QBs scream audibles and snaps out with those big things in place?

It's interesting to see that some choose the big ones with handles, and some (like AH33) choose the more-precise teeth-liner more customized jobbers.  Probably a cost difference involved.

As a cute anecdote, when my son was toddler-ish age and loved his soother, he used to point at the TV and say the CFL players all had soothers too!!  Made him very happy he was like the big football players.  Smiley

Never go full Rider!
VictorRomano

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 05:57:20 PM »

Depending on the model, some are designed to pull the lower jaw forward so that during an impact, there's a greater gap between the jawbone and the nerve cluster that sits behind it, reducing the chance of "getting your bell rung" or breaking your jaw from a low/rising impact.  I've personally used FITguard and Shock Doctor mouthguards playing rugby.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: