Blue Bombers Forum
October 19, 2021, 02:32:51 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnny Augustine signs two year contract...  (Read 7139 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2019, 05:17:28 PM »

Rhetorical statement: I'm not sure how well either of Oliveria or Augustine block at the moment. However if they are good blockers ( or can be developed ) in that capacity, they could prove productive in a FB blocking option role as well.

Both are good on ST's as is Miller who is too valuable in that role to not be on the roster.

What I'm thinking is that if the blocking is as good as Miller or Rush in particular, we might see the occasional 2 RB set. Rush is never going to be on offensive weapon. Miller gets a few offensive plays each season.

OTOH, a Canadian RB that can also block would give the offense more options that the opposition defense has to worry about.

Oliveria is the same weight but shorter than Rush and likely faster on ST's.

Anyone know how well Oliveria, Augustine and Rush block?

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2019, 05:52:08 PM »

Rhetorical statement: I'm not sure how well either of Oliveria or Augustine block at the moment. However if they are good blockers ( or can be developed ) in that capacity, they could prove productive in a FB blocking option role as well.

Both are good on ST's as is Miller who is too valuable in that role to not be on the roster.

What I'm thinking is that if the blocking is as good as Miller or Rush in particular, we might see the occasional 2 RB set. Rush is never going to be on offensive weapon. Miller gets a few offensive plays each season.

OTOH, a Canadian RB that can also block would give the offense more options that the opposition defense has to worry about.

Oliveria is the same weight but shorter than Rush and likely faster on ST's.

Anyone know how well Oliveria, Augustine and Rush block?

correct as they appeared that way in person as Brady is shorter but is a real stocky guy. Rush is more slight and a tad taller.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bwiser

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2019, 06:19:21 PM »

A good signing. Harris is not getting any younger and its good to know we have solid players behind him when he decides to call it a career.Harris is continuing to play well but at sometime his age will catch up.Father time is undefeated.
blue_or_die

« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2019, 07:28:33 PM »

Augustine's a good NI backup, so it's a depth signing.

Ya don?t say...

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2019, 07:48:09 PM »

Ya don?t say...
lol

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TBURGESS

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2019, 08:25:42 PM »

Ya don?t say...
Ya I do say. I don't get too excited about signing a backup.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
Blue In BC

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2019, 08:30:11 PM »

Ya I do say. I don't get too excited about signing a backup.

Apparently you didn't watch his performance when Harris couldn't play. Today's back up might be tomorrow's starter.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
TBURGESS

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2019, 09:59:19 PM »

Apparently you didn't watch his performance when Harris couldn't play. Today's back up might be tomorrow's starter.
I did watch his performance when Harris served his suspension. Augustine won't replace Harris unless Harris is injured or out for some other reason. Oliveria may even take Augustine's roster spot. Good depth signing, but nothing to get overly excited about.

blue girl

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2019, 10:30:42 PM »

I did watch his performance when Harris served his suspension. Augustine won't replace Harris unless Harris is injured or out for some other reason. Oliveria may even take Augustine's roster spot. Good depth signing, but nothing to get overly excited about.

Augustine isn't going to start and neither is Oliviera but they can both be rotated in. Also like I've said before you can never have too many Canadians as injuries do happen. We'll never know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if LaPo would have loved to get him in FA.
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2019, 11:32:10 PM »

part of our bright future

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
blue_or_die

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2019, 01:11:54 AM »

Good point. Backups are basically never needed so we shouldn?t even care if we have good ones. Not important in the CFL.

Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2019, 02:49:10 AM »

Harris isn't going to last forever albeit since coming to the Bombers he has been progressively getting better and defying all the skeptics.    We have solid depth at RB and they're all Canadian....something not many teams have and it helps ratio wise!   

Happy to have been in Calgary for our 2019 Grey Cup victory!
TBURGESS

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2019, 01:33:16 PM »

Good point. Backups are basically never needed so we shouldn?t even care if we have good ones. Not important in the CFL.
Not what I said and you know it.

blue_or_die

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2019, 04:01:02 PM »

Not what I said and you know it.

What you said is that signing a backup is nothing to get excited about, but I'm arguing that having a competent Nat backup is something to get excited about for reasons listed (via sarcasm).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2019, 04:05:12 PM by blue_or_die » Logged

TBURGESS

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2019, 05:13:37 PM »

What you said is that signing a backup is nothing to get excited about, but I'm arguing that having a competent Nat backup is something to get excited about for reasons listed (via sarcasm).
Nope. I said I'm not that excited about signing a backup. I'm not suggesting that anyone else shouldn't be excited.

You're making up sarcastic claptrap.

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: