Blue Bombers Forum
September 27, 2021, 04:20:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Johnny Augustine signs two year contract...  (Read 6827 times)
bigbuff33

« on: December 27, 2019, 08:56:47 PM »

Nice seeing Canadians locked up...
Our scouts do a nice job of finding us players from the States...
Like what I saw of Johnny during the two games Harris was out
« Last Edit: December 28, 2019, 10:04:08 PM by The Zipp » Logged
Jesse

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2019, 09:04:35 PM »

I think this surprises me?

I would think he'd have more opportunity elsewhere but I guess teams don't really value runnning backs enough to hire other teams' back ups.

My wife is amazing!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2019, 09:32:42 PM »

Nice seeing Canadians locked up...
Our scouts do a nice job of finding us players from the States...
Like what I saw of Johnny during the two games Harris was out
yeah! Superb back up. Nice depth with Oliveira.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue_or_die

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 10:07:53 PM »

Harris, Augustine, Oliveira and Demski as a hybrid threat. Some absolutely incredible, deep, and Canadian, talent we gots.

Also thought he would move on to a bigger role elsewhere but if we are the ones who covet him the most we should consider it a gift and move on. Let?s reward him with a fair amount off opportunities, now.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
BigBomberFan

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 11:38:57 PM »

Excellent depth signing. Augustine showed a ton of great things in the limited time that he was in. Didn't he have at least one +100 yard game? I seem to remember him having at least one.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 12:09:47 AM »

Good depth signing in case we lose Harris or Demski.
blue girl

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 12:13:06 AM »

He wasn't one of my top priority signings mostly because I thought that he might want to go elsewhere but he is a good Canadian player and you can never have too many of those. I'll be interested in seeing how they use Harris, Oliviera and Augustine. BTW I believe that he had a reception of 80 yards in the LDC that gave him a 100 yard game.
Doublezero

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2019, 12:15:31 AM »

I hope Augustine gets way more carries in 2020. Good runningback.

Just gimme the rock.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2019, 02:37:07 AM »

Winnipeg Blue Bombers re-sign running back Johnny Augustine

WINNIPEG, MB., December 27, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed Canadian running back Johnny Augustine to a two-year contract extension. Augustine was scheduled to be a free agent in February.

Augustine (5-9, 206, University of Guelph, July 7, 1993 in Welland, ON) will be entering his third season with the Bombers in 2020 after signing with the club prior to the 2018 season.

He played in 16 regular season games for the Bombers in 2019, rushing 38 times for 242 yards and adding six receptions for 92 yards and a touchdown.

Augustine earned a spot with the Bombers after an impressive training camp in 2018 that included rushing eight times for 81 yards and a touchdown in a preseason win over Edmonton. He dressed for nine regular season games, rushing seven times for 51 yards and a touchdown - all those touches coming in the club's regular season finale in Edmonton.

Augustine played five seasons with the Guelph Gryphons, rushing for 2,742 yards and 28 touchdowns on 483 rushes. In his senior year, Augustine rushed for 690 yards and nine touchdowns on 122 carries.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
TecnoGenius

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2019, 06:58:50 AM »

Well, with our multi-purpose RB schemes (which I hope will continue), it's not just AH that JA/BO backup, it's also Demski.  Either of these guys could turn out to be the next AH or ND.  And I'm sure these kids know they can learn a lot behind them.  It's good to have depth.

I think the only all-NAT-RB schemes in the league is ours (AH) and HAMs (STE, which didn't work out due to injury).  I thought I got a hint another team was trying to go NAT-RB for 2020?  Which one was hiring some good NAT RB talent again?

Anyhow, if a team doesn't commit to the NAT-RB scheme, there's not much point paying non-ELC NATs to sit and do nothing.  Kind of like LaFra in SSK.  Litre was an interesting exception in 2019.  Might CGY be trying to go NAT RB again?  But they'd need someone better than Litre in the interim.

Never go full Rider!
Blue In BC

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2019, 02:08:05 PM »

Very good signing. I'd like to see both Augustine and Oliveria get some meaningful game reps over and beyond injury replacement. Reducing the workload on AH when possible is not the worst idea. It also helps the development curve for the younger players.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blueraid

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2019, 02:36:24 PM »

Augustine obviously likes it here and why not, coming off of a Cup win..Signals to me that we will retain a lot more valuable pieces for another run at the big prize...Solid signing
TBURGESS

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2019, 02:50:06 PM »

Augustine's a good NI backup, so it's a depth signing.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
bigbuff33

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2019, 04:06:03 PM »

I agree about cutting the number of carries for Harris...longevity is critical...
Let Augustine and Brady O get more reps to spell off Harris...
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2019, 04:10:42 PM »

I agree about cutting the number of carries for Harris...longevity is critical...
Let Augustine and Brady O get more reps to spell off Harris...
^this

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All
  Print  

Jump to: