Blue Bombers Forum
October 24, 2021, 08:32:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Free Agents  (Read 73731 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #375 on: February 09, 2020, 04:16:31 PM »

I'm guessing that the "negotiation period" quickly revealed to the Argos who was jumping ship, so they released those players they knew they couldn't resign.  Kinda smart, lets them concentrate on those they can, and lets these players fill spots elsewhere early, making competition for who's left easier.

Still don't understand what they are going to do for an Oline..

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
ichabod_crane

« Reply #376 on: February 09, 2020, 10:11:16 PM »

I'm guessing that the "negotiation period" quickly revealed to the Argos who was jumping ship, so they released those players they knew they couldn't resign.  Kinda smart, lets them concentrate on those they can, and lets these players fill spots elsewhere early, making competition for who's left easier.

Still don't understand what they are going to do for an Oline..

Maybe they are targeting Couture and other OL's in the FA market. They have a couple first round draft picks as well (one from the Bombers) to pick anyone good in the draft class.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #377 on: February 09, 2020, 10:48:33 PM »

Maybe they are targeting Couture and other OL's in the FA market. They have a couple first round draft picks as well (one from the Bombers) to pick anyone good in the draft class.

It's looking more and more likely that Couture heads home to BC I think.
4everalonghair

« Reply #378 on: February 10, 2020, 01:22:29 PM »

It's looking more and more likely that Couture heads home to BC I think.

He just signed a two year extension.
kkc60

« Reply #379 on: February 10, 2020, 01:24:04 PM »

He just signed a two year extension.
Literally makes 0 sense.
booch

« Reply #380 on: February 10, 2020, 01:28:01 PM »

yeah...not sure why as we have too many guys now for available spots, though competition and depth is never a bad thing..and he has become a very good center so maybe they never planned to have Speller there longterm
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #381 on: February 10, 2020, 01:46:58 PM »

Literally makes 0 sense.

The guy is a young Canadian who started at centre for all of 2019 and opened some great holes for Harris.  Why would you not want to lock him up for multiple years?

This is a great signing. 

Continuity on the o-line isn't a bad thing either. You guys are over thinking this if you think this isn't a great move. 
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #382 on: February 10, 2020, 01:49:10 PM »

https://3downnation.com/2020/02/10/bombers-re-sign-canadian-ol-michael-couture-to-two-year-contract/

Fantastic news! Walters is killing it so far this off-season.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
booch

« Reply #383 on: February 10, 2020, 01:52:05 PM »

The guy is a young Canadian who started at centre for all of 2019 and opened some great holes for Harris.  Why would you not want to lock him up for multiple years?

This is a great signing. 

Continuity on the o-line isn't a bad thing either. You guys are over thinking this if you think this isn't a great move. 

Not over thinking but you have to wonder what you do with basically 5 starting caliber Nationals (Gray/Couture/Speller/Neufeld/Desjarlais) and Eli who may push this year, but is most likely heir apparent at center eventually vying for 3 spots, and one back-up...quite a log jam tho not a bad thing. Someone is gonna have to be let go for nothing..can't keep em all
3rdand1.5

« Reply #384 on: February 10, 2020, 01:58:33 PM »

Not over thinking but you have to wonder what you do with basically 5 starting caliber Nationals (Gray/Couture/Speller/Neufeld/Desjarlais) and Eli who may push this year, but is most likely heir apparent at center eventually vying for 3 spots, and one back-up...quite a log jam tho not a bad thing. Someone is gonna have to be let go for nothing..can't keep em all

We do not have a 1st round pick, could be trade bait.
theaardvark

« Reply #385 on: February 10, 2020, 01:59:21 PM »

Saw somewhere that zero offers were tendered to the league office during the tampering window...

So, sure, it works for the players, but zero advantage for incumbent teams.  Players could allege they received offers and quote any numbers they want, with no verification.

Pretty sure this was NOT the intent of this window.  

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #386 on: February 10, 2020, 01:59:29 PM »

I think Gray may be on the bubble ...someone will always get dinged up too.

This team needs a strong o-line and I think we have one of the best in the CFL.  starts and stops with the big men up front!!
booch

« Reply #387 on: February 10, 2020, 02:06:04 PM »

I think Gray may be on the bubble ...someone will always get dinged up too.

This team needs a strong o-line and I think we have one of the best in the CFL.  starts and stops with the big men up front!!
We have by far the best...without question...and most depth as well. Gray I don't see moved..way too much potential...most likely if one is moved it's Speller...showed he is starter caliber at both guard and center, and is on a very nice entry level contract, so would be easy to move a a who can start making a small sms hit
theaardvark

« Reply #388 on: February 10, 2020, 02:07:21 PM »

Huge to have this kind of quality depth.

Eli is on an ELC, great to have him on the team.  If he continues to improve, he will probably take an NFL window.  By the time he exhausts that (if he does), you can bet we will need him back.  

Couture/Speller keeps solid OC depth.  Does any team have that kind of depth? (can't believe BC didn't step up big on him, he is every bit as valuable as Chungh...

We are going to end up with a decision if no one gets injured.  Bryant/Dejarlais/Couture/Neufeld/Hardirck - Speller 6th is unreal... Eli on the IR... or do you flip Speller, Neufeld and Gray?  

Buck/Collaros must be having a party right now...

blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #389 on: February 10, 2020, 02:07:31 PM »

Ti-Cats just announced Davis re-signed with them. I have to think this means they're out on Jefferson.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: