Blue Bombers Forum
October 24, 2021, 07:48:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Free Agents  (Read 73694 times)
Pigskin

« Reply #255 on: February 02, 2020, 04:22:58 PM »

Orange mite be a guy to take a look at. The question mite be can he stay healthy.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
theaardvark

« Reply #256 on: February 02, 2020, 06:00:52 PM »

Wow... more roster bonus cuts than we usually see... not sure cutting Bomben sends a comforting message to any potential QB... unless they think they can get a replacement in the first round with one of thier picks.. but releasing him for $10k?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
the paw

« Reply #257 on: February 02, 2020, 08:58:10 PM »

Wow... more roster bonus cuts than we usually see... not sure cutting Bomben sends a comforting message to any potential QB... unless they think they can get a replacement in the first round with one of thier picks.. but releasing him for $10k?

This is the impact of raising the minimum contract to 65k.  I would guesstimate teams likely have at least 10 guys on minimum contracts and another 10 in the near minimum category.  Complying withnthge new CBA is going to cost maybe 100k,  but the cap is only going up 50.  Anyone who wants to play in free agency has to clear some room and bonuses are low hanging fruit.

grab grass 'n growl
Ridermania

« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2020, 12:30:26 AM »

Riders sign Cdn. LB Cameron Judge.

https://www.tsn.ca/saskatchewan-roughriders-sign-canadian-lb-cameron-judge-ol-takoby-cofield-to-extensions-1.1436757
kkc60

« Reply #259 on: February 03, 2020, 01:37:32 AM »

One pick after Ekakitie...oof
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #260 on: February 03, 2020, 04:15:33 AM »

Ottawa REDBLACKS
@REDBLACKS
10h
LEGS GO!

We've re-signed both @RichieLeone15
 and @LewyWard17
 to 1-year contracts.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
booch

« Reply #261 on: February 03, 2020, 01:23:42 PM »

For a huuuuge overpay for a LB with average stats...paid cause of his phoney passport....hardly a game changer for 200k....Oday effed that one up...
Blue In BC

« Reply #262 on: February 03, 2020, 02:44:41 PM »

For a huuuuge overpay for a LB with average stats...paid cause of his phoney passport....hardly a game changer for 200k....Oday effed that one up...

What's phony about his passport? He was born in Montreal and lived in Vancouver / Victoria.

Overpaid I agree but he still seems to have more upside.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
booch

« Reply #263 on: February 03, 2020, 02:58:46 PM »

What's phony about his passport? He was born in Montreal and lived in Vancouver / Victoria.

Overpaid I agree but he still seems to have more upside.
He is hardly a true Canadian...he gets that privileged now soley due to the new determination...Just like Woli..and many others
What did he do the last 3 years though to garner that salary...not a lot..
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #264 on: February 03, 2020, 03:00:06 PM »

LOL not nearly as phony as Wolitarski's passport. Don't cast stones, sometimes they ricochet!
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #265 on: February 03, 2020, 03:01:55 PM »

He is hardly a true Canadian...he gets that privileged now soley due to the new determination...Just like Woli..and many others
What did he do the last 3 years though to garner that salary...not a lot..

From Wikipedia

Judge was born on November 29, 1994 in Montreal, Quebec to actor Christopher Judge (born Los Angeles, California, October 13, 1964) and Margaret Judge (nee Schinke, born Edmonton, Alberta, September 20, 1971), a former model. The family moved from Montreal (where Christopher Judge had been working on a television show) to Los Angeles when Judge was three months old. When Judge was three years old, the family moved to British Columbia and split their time living between Vancouver and Victoria. It was during his time in Vancouver, that Judge developed an interest in football and started playing minor football and attending B.C. Lions games. When Judge was twelve years old, the family moved back to California, primarily to give Judge and his older brother, Christopher, a better environment to develop their football skills
booch

« Reply #266 on: February 03, 2020, 03:08:20 PM »

From Wikipedia

Judge was born on November 29, 1994 in Montreal, Quebec to actor Christopher Judge (born Los Angeles, California, October 13, 1964) and Margaret Judge (nee Schinke, born Edmonton, Alberta, September 20, 1971), a former model. The family moved from Montreal (where Christopher Judge had been working on a television show) to Los Angeles when Judge was three months old. When Judge was three years old, the family moved to British Columbia and split their time living between Vancouver and Victoria. It was during his time in Vancouver, that Judge developed an interest in football and started playing minor football and attending B.C. Lions games. When Judge was twelve years old, the family moved back to California, primarily to give Judge and his older brother, Christopher, a better environment to develop their football skills
Yeah...I read that too...but wouldn't qualify him before until they laxed up the requirements...and if he was such a slam dunk obvious Canadian he would have been originally included in drat rankings and availability right from day one...which he wasn't..but regardless the point is if anyone here thinks he is worth 210k possibly for 61 tackles and still after 3 years making assignment miscues...then I guess Jake Thomas is worth 250k cause his stats were better than Michah Johnsons..and Zack Evans...who is another 200k a year guy...Stupid stupid over pay and I doubt he would have got that from any other team
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 03:10:02 PM by booch » Logged
theaardvark

« Reply #267 on: February 03, 2020, 03:35:39 PM »

Now we can see why Solly is about to be a FA...  if they give Judge this kind of money, and aren't giving Solly a decent offer...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #268 on: February 03, 2020, 03:42:57 PM »

A massive overpay? Average stats? He had the same number of tackles as Adam Bighill in 2019 (61). Judge was one of their better special teamers and had 11 tackles. He had 5 sacks (one more than Biggie), the same number of INTs and forced fumbles (2 each). Plus he counts as Canadian. That's a good signing for O'Day and the Riders.

booch

« Reply #269 on: February 03, 2020, 03:49:47 PM »

A massive overpay? Average stats? He had the same number of tackles as Adam Bighill in 2019 (61). Judge was one of their better special teamers and had 11 tackles. He had 5 sacks (one more than Biggie), the same number of INTs and forced fumbles (2 each). Plus he counts as Canadian. That's a good signing for O'Day and the Riders.

Yeah average stats...very average...And yeah Biggies were not awe inspiring either....but based on the quality..and quantity of work it's not even close and Judge will never come close to Biggie numbers....ever....nice cherry pick tho looking at one season...Also Biggie was less than 100 percent for over 2/3rds of the year...we will see this year who has the "better" stats

Canadian or not...not worth 210k...and if judge went out for an extended period, or Bighill did...which team would suffer more in drop off in talent and worth to the team?..Only way Sask would suffer possibly is the fact their Canadian depth is non-existent and to meet their ratio would be an issue
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: