Blue Bombers Forum
September 17, 2021, 02:29:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Free Agents  (Read 69692 times)
TecnoGenius

« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2020, 04:44:32 AM »

Spencer Wilson [...]  You have to think he would be of interest to the Riders.  Their OTs are no great shakes, and Wilson would be an upgrade on Clark or Bladek. 

Ssssshhhh!  Don't give the enemy any good ideas!  Hopefully he'll sign in the east.  Besides, the only quality SSK looks for in an OL is "can he hold?".

Never go full Rider!
bluebeard

« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2020, 03:46:21 PM »

Don't think so, Sask. tried to low-ball him and he walked away without a counter offer.
This is true.  They wanted Johnson so much that they did exactly what you said.  Also, what I am hearing is that IF Jefferson signs in the NFL it will be with the Miami Dolphins.
Sec223

« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2020, 06:49:34 PM »

This is true.  They wanted Johnson so much that they did exactly what you said.  Also, what I am hearing is that IF Jefferson signs in the NFL it will be with the Miami Dolphins.

We're all hearing Jefferson to the Dolphins
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2020, 07:57:30 PM »

This  is news from about a month ago. The people that liked him out of the Brian Flores staff were all fired shortly after Willies tryout. All new position coaches implemented.  Could throw a wrench in Willie getting a decent contract there. Time will tell....

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2020, 09:18:20 PM »

Ssssshhhh!  Don't give the enemy any good ideas!  Hopefully he'll sign in the east.  Besides, the only quality SSK looks for in an OL is "can he hold?".

ALL o lines hold,it?s what they do, you act as the riders are the only ones. Let it go already
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2020, 10:17:05 PM »

ALL o lines hold,it?s what they do, you act as the riders are the only ones. Let it go already
No he is right it is just the Riders.

TecnoGenius

« Reply #216 on: January 19, 2020, 07:30:42 AM »

Never!  Not until my dying breath!  And even then...  Grin Grin Cheesy Cheesy

No he is right it is just the Riders.

It's weird... I saw something this year I have never seen before.  Perhaps it's because WPG went so deep in the playoffs.  Starting in the WSF I saw WPG's OL hold more than I've ever seen them hold.  Not quite SSK-level holding, but definitely flag-worthy holding, even by the CFL's diminished standards.  It wasn't just WPG... CGY and SSK and HAM were holding like mad too, in the WSF, WF, GC.  I think each game saw 0 or 1 holds actually penalized.

The revelations to me were:

1. The refs will "let them play" in the playoffs, for the most part.  No holds barred (hehe)!  More so this year than recent years.

2. Our OL can hold with the best of them when it's required/allowed.  I guess we must coach them clean throughout the year then let them loose in the playoffs?  I actually never knew our guys had that level of "hold" in them... good to see they are disciplined enough to turn it on and off based on the situation and what the coaches tell them to do.

As for SSK... they are on a special level of hold, and they don't just save it for the post-season.  They hold all season long to egregious levels and for some reason the refs let most of it slide.  And not just their OL: their RBs, WRs, DBs, STs, everyone holds there.  Makes me wonder why we don't egregiously hold all year too?  Or do refs only let it slide for SSK?  Wink

(The GC had a heck of a lot of HAM on WPG DPI going on too, but that's a whole other story...)

Never go full Rider!
bluebeard

« Reply #217 on: January 19, 2020, 01:13:00 PM »

We're all hearing Jefferson to the Dolphins
OK...Guess that I am last to the party. Embarrassed
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #218 on: January 19, 2020, 01:46:19 PM »

OK...Guess that I am last to the party. Embarrassed
last ones are usually the most popular!  Smiley

booch

« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2020, 01:07:04 PM »

I feel like he did?

Thats what I was meaning...he took less to play in Winnipeg...he will go where he feels he's paid fair..has best chance to win...and where feels like best fit...just like he did last year
GCn19

« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2020, 02:19:08 PM »

Spencer Wilson is mediocre. Be a great fit with the rest of the Riders mediocre OL.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin

« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2020, 03:01:01 PM »

The players on our FA list I would like to see signed before FA starts:

Jefferson
Zach or Matt
Thomas
Miles
Roh
Nevis
Adams

The players that may not be back.

Fenner
Couture
Hecht
D. Jones
K. Jones
Nelson
and of course Foketi.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Blue In BC

« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2020, 06:10:31 PM »

Jefferson
Zach or Matt
Thomas
Miles
Roh
Nevis
Adams

Fenner
Couture
Hecht
D. Jones
K. Jones
Nelson
and of course Foketi.

+1. Almost in that order., just flipping QB to the top and Jefferson to # 2. If we re-sign Jefferson I might exclude Roh and go with a rookie DE on the PR.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
kkc60

« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2020, 06:13:45 PM »

Jefferson
Zach or Matt
Thomas
Miles
Roh
Nevis
Adams

Fenner
Couture
Hecht
D. Jones
K. Jones
Nelson
and of course Foketi.
I have pretty much 0 qualms with this. D.Jones is a nice STer tho. And I'd like Adam's back, but I also wanna see us upgrade over him if that makes sense? He's a solid #2 but I don't want him to be "the guy"
Pigskin

« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2020, 06:34:46 PM »

There was no order to my list but if there was:

Zach or Matt
Jefferson
Thomas
Miles
Nevis
Adams
Roh

And I would agree, if we sign WJ5, we probably don't need Roh.

Also if we at going after a #1 receiver in FA, we can't afford Adams.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: