Blue Bombers Forum
October 24, 2021, 08:22:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33
  Print  
Author Topic: 2020 Free Agents  (Read 73720 times)
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2020, 10:17:25 PM »

Riders lose Moncrief. Signs with the Raiders.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #151 on: January 09, 2020, 11:58:32 PM »

Riders lose Moncrief. Signs with the Raiders.

Wow..really?? Biggie couldn' make it, Muamba couldn't make it, but this guy does?? Twisted world out there.....
ichabod_crane

« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2020, 12:07:38 AM »

Wow..really?? Biggie couldn' make it, Muamba couldn't make it, but this guy does?? Twisted world out there.....

If things go like past years half or more of the former CFL player signings in the NFL don't even make it to camp or make it out of training camp or get cut into the NFL season. One thing to get signed, another to make the team longer term. That's why often these guys (especially more experienced players) want a nice up-front signing bonus to make it worth their while in case they do get cut early on. A younger player may get another shot the next season or two, but vets only get a kick at the NFL can for so long.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2020, 12:22:22 AM »

Bighill hung with the Saints for 17 months bouncing between the AR and the PR numerous times, eventually he got tired of insecurity and asked for his release.
the paw

« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2020, 12:28:49 AM »

Not good comparisons.  Moncrief is 6'2" and 220 and faster than Bighill or Muamba.  He played strong safety in college.  He can play more possible roles in an NFL defence, and he's only 26.

Not saying he will stick, but you can see why the Raiders are interested.

grab grass 'n growl
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2020, 01:30:37 AM »

Not good comparisons.  Moncrief is 6'2" and 220 and faster than Bighill or Muamba.  He played strong safety in college.  He can play more possible roles in an NFL defence, and he's only 26.

Not saying he will stick, but you can see why the Raiders are interested.
pause while I laugh. STer at best or won?t make team.

kkc60

« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2020, 02:44:49 AM »

pause while I laugh. STer at best or won?t make team.
I think its funny because you obviously don't realize what a CFL SAM is. It's a DB. You comparing him to Biggie is the same as me comparing a guy like James Vaughters (going into second CFL season, ex-Calgary DE) to Bighill.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2020, 03:39:24 AM »

2019 CFL free agents that signed in the NFL:

Ty Long BC Lions K - played 16 games with Chargers

Marken Michel Stamps WR - Signed with Eagles, didnt play any regular season games, signed a future contract with Eagles for 2020

Alex Singleton Stamps LB- played 10 games with Eagles

Jameer Thurman Stamps LB- signed with Bears and cut Aug 31st, drafted by XFL

James Vaughters Stamps DL- played 3 games with Bears

Jake Ceresna Esks DL - released by Giants Aug 31st, re-signed with Esks in November

Mercy Mastan Esks DB- cut by Eagles before regular season, signed with Bombers in August

Bryant Mitchell
Esks WR- was signed by Cards then Bucs but torn his achilles on Aug 11th

D'haquille Duke Williams Esks WR- played 4 games with Bills (was injured for parts of the season)

Samuel Equavoen Riders LB- played 16 games with Dolphins

Diontae Spencer
Redblacks WR -signed with Steelers and was cut Aug 31st, then signed Broncos and played in 16 games

Tevaughn Campbell Als DB - signed by Jets and was cut Aug 31st, then signed by Chargers         
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 03:41:33 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2020, 03:41:14 AM »

I think its funny because you obviously don't realize what a CFL SAM is. It's a DB. You comparing him to Biggie is the same as me comparing a guy like James Vaughters (going into second CFL season, ex-Calgary DE) to Bighill.
where does it say I was comparing him to Bighill? Roll Eyes

ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2020, 04:48:07 AM »

Lirim Hajrullahu
@Lirim_70
4h
Thank you to the Ticat organization for accepting my release - it's been a pleasure to play for this team!

Huge thank you to the CFLPA for the support during this long process.

And thank you to the fans for all of the love!!

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
TecnoGenius

« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2020, 07:26:31 AM »

D'haquille Duke Williams Esks WR- played 4 games with Bills (was injured for parts of the season)

And was one of the few Bills receivers making plays in last weekend's wildcard games.  I bet he sticks for longer in the NFL.

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2020, 07:28:58 AM »

Lirim Hajrullahu
Thank you to the Ticat organization for accepting my release - it's been a pleasure to play for this team!

Wow.  That's messed up when NAT Lirim thinks he can make NFL teams when Medlock (who is 10X better) knows his best bet is in the CFL.  Lirim is a valuable commodity here in the CFL.  I bet dollars to donuts he's back in the CFL soon enough.

Hey Lirim, don't show the NFL scouts the 5-kick-miss game you treated us Bomber fans to a few years back!

Never go full Rider!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2020, 12:18:15 PM »

Wow.  That's messed up when NAT Lirim thinks he can make NFL teams when Medlock (who is 10X better) knows his best bet is in the CFL.  Lirim is a valuable commodity here in the CFL.  I bet dollars to donuts he's back in the CFL soon enough.

Hey Lirim, don't show the NFL scouts the 5-kick-miss game you treated us Bomber fans to a few years back!

lol no doubt.  He was hot garbage here during the last portion of his career here in Winnipeg. Don?t let the door hit your butt on the way out Liram.

kkc60

« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2020, 02:16:54 PM »

Medlock is not 10x better. That's just your bias.

And you never know, Maher and Long both have spent some time in the league. Medlock had his shot down there and is much older.

And yes, I'm sure the scouts will watch film from *checks notes* 5 years ago
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2020, 07:48:21 PM »

well he was an all star last season in the east...and he punts and does kickoffs and FGs....AND Canadian.   We have chased a lot of kickers outa town until Medlock showed up.   I'm not saying he's better than Medlock but he does have an upside being a Canadian and he's gotten more consistent since leaving us.....

Happy to have been in Calgary for our 2019 Grey Cup victory!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 33
  Print  

Jump to: