Blue Bombers Forum
June 17, 2021, 10:58:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lapo is the new head coach of the Redblacks  (Read 14286 times)
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2019, 08:30:25 AM »

I've always loved Buck Pierce and think he deserves a shot at OC. The only reservation I have is...
is he a fast enough thinker and talker? Those play choices have to be made and delivered in seconds.
I'm not questioning his intelligence/football IQ one bit... just the speed of his calls and communicating them quickly.

This interview was some time ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VveQ0qOJnLU

His recent interviews are much more up to speed.

I get your concern, but he had to think and communicate quickly when he was a college and pro quarterback. He seemed to do ok under center with a 20 second clock.

bigbuff33

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2019, 11:31:35 AM »

I think the Bombers have been grooming Buck for when LaPo got another head coaching job.
Continuity is big...

Now when it comes to QB's...wow...that is going to be interesting.
TBURGESS

« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2019, 01:52:55 PM »

Congrats to PLAP. Hopefully he's a better HC the second time around.

Buck will likely be the new OC. Because he's never done the job before, we don't know if he can or not. Watching someone else do the job is very different than doing it yourself. I'd rather move on with a vet OC who has a different offensive strategy than a PLAP disciple who will keep things mostly the same.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
bluebeard

« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2019, 02:20:40 PM »

No doubt that this is a big loss.  I loved the way LaPo set up the big play.  He was a great chess player...thinking of moves a couple of plays a head.  Buck deserves a chance to fill his shoes but first we need to get O'Sh signed.  Wonder if Hall will move?  Very interesting off season a head...as I have said before.  Congrats to Paul.
Ducky

« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2019, 02:35:37 PM »

Congrats to LaPo for sure.  Will be interesting to watch which BB free agents follow him to Ottawa.  Got to think Lapo would love to bring a known Qb (Nichols) and OL (Hardrick? Bryant?) and possibly a familiar receiver (Adams).

It is the crazy season in the CFL with every team having 10 or more starters without contracts.
Blue In BC

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2019, 02:46:14 PM »

Congrats to Lapo. He earned another shot at HC. I wonder which of our potential free agents might choose to follow him? We have a substantial list of offensive players including QB's that he will be interested in.

No more excuses.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2019, 02:58:04 PM »

Just saw the announcement confirmed on TSN - Congratulations to Lapo and all the best. Thanks for your efforts here in the Peg and wishing you the best in Ottawa.
Pigskin

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2019, 04:07:26 PM »

Good for Lapo. Let's see what he has picked up over the last 7 years and see if he does better this time around. He has a big mess to clean up in Ottawa.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2019, 04:09:03 PM »

Good for Lapo. Let's see what he has picked up over the last 7 years and see if he does better this time around. He has a big mess to clean up in Ottawa.
kinda similar to what he walked into when he came here as HC with Mr. Mack in charge

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
dd

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2019, 05:18:23 PM »

It?s a mess in Ottawa for sure. They need to replace the talent lost when Harris and Ellingson left but more than that there was a reason both of those guys left?there was a disfunctional locker room and a riff between harris and those in the redblack locker room. Ellingson left with harris and then so did coach Campbell, so that tells me the problem wasn?t harris or Campbell and the problem is still there. Lapo couldn?t fix things for us years ago, it took MOS to change the culture in our locker room. It will take a strong leader to do this, not sure Lapo s that guy but wish him all the best just the same.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2019, 05:20:43 PM »

kinda similar to what he walked into when he came here as HC with Mr. Mack in charge
Well he got us to one GC in his relatively short tenure as a HC.    I think he will do well!

Conjuring up the ghost of Leo Lewis to help lead this 2019 team to victory!!
blue girl

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2019, 09:31:29 PM »

LaPo can only take players that become free agents. If the Bombers want to retain players they might be interested in sign them before that.
DM83

« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2019, 10:06:39 PM »

I bet the GM is the problem.  I don't understand how you would not sign the nucleus of the team, and then play the season with a bunch of arena League grads.  Two QBs Who everyone Knew were done.

It's like they had a death wish!
dd

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2019, 12:03:35 AM »

I bet the GM is the problem.  I don't understand how you would not sign the nucleus of the team, and then play the season with a bunch of arena League grads.  Two QBs Who everyone Knew were done.

It's like they had a death wish!
No it was a locker from issue. I remember one of their linebackers(can?t recall the slugs name) saying that harris was a selfish player, and only did what was good for him blah blah blah, so rather than stand by harris and refute this claim, they let it stand and he left with Ellingson in tow. If they though Jennings or davis could replace harris, they are dumber than they we know. Then Campbell resigns. I don?t know what free agent would want to enter into that type of clubhouse.
New_Earth_Mud

My Past iz Muddy

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2019, 01:35:32 AM »

No it was a locker from issue. I remember one of their linebackers(can?t recall the slugs name) saying that harris was a selfish player, and only did what was good for him blah blah blah, so rather than stand by harris and refute this claim, they let it stand and he left with Ellingson in tow. If they though Jennings or davis could replace harris, they are dumber than they we know. Then Campbell resigns. I don?t know what free agent would want to enter into that type of clubhouse.

Lol 

#35.... The Godfather of Swag
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7  All
  Print  

Jump to: