Blue Bombers Forum
July 01, 2022, 09:15:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 163890 times)
Tehedra

« Reply #480 on: March 02, 2020, 08:26:55 PM »

I like the group we have; if we get Walker great; if not I'd prefer we just continue with our current prospects.
GCn19

« Reply #481 on: March 03, 2020, 12:08:18 PM »

Hard to say for sure because we don't know the exact cost but I'd be taking a hard look at Tasker. Outside of Adams, our American receivers are very green. They've got high upside, but experience is important. If we were to lose Adams for any length of time we would really have no veteran presence at all there.

That would be no different than last year except last years rookies are no longer rookies. Tasker, at this point of his career, is a middle of the road talent. Imo, I'd rather keep some dollars for NFL cut down than to sign someone that will have very little impact on our offence.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
booch

« Reply #482 on: March 03, 2020, 01:07:51 PM »

Hard to say for sure because we don't know the exact cost but I'd be taking a hard look at Tasker. Outside of Adams, our American receivers are very green. They've got high upside, but experience is important. If we were to lose Adams for any length of time we would really have no veteran presence at all there.
With Woli and Demski being 4 and 6 year vets, along with Harris I think we could withstand Adams presence missing on the field for a short stretch, as he would still be on the sideline.
GCn19

« Reply #483 on: March 03, 2020, 05:48:17 PM »

I am of the pretty firm opinion that guys like Walker, Jefferson, Bighill are worth an extra 50-100k over their counterparts because they have the ability to dominate the opposition whereas a middle of the road guy like Tasker is not worth the extra 50-100k because he doesn't really add much to a teams ability to win. That's not to say Tasker couldn't be a contributor at the right price....just means that price can't be much over what we are paying Bailey, Whitehead etc. For that reason I don't see us signing Tasker.

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #484 on: March 09, 2020, 09:41:06 PM »

Transactions

2020-03-09   WPG   JOHNSON, Jovon   DB   A   Iowa   Transfer To   Retired
2020-03-09   WPG   SWANN, Damian   DB   A   Georgia   Add To   Active Roster
2020-03-09   WPG   JOHNSON, Jovon   DB   A   Iowa   Add To   Active Roster

kkc60

« Reply #485 on: March 10, 2020, 08:23:05 PM »

Transactions

2020-03-09   WPG   JOHNSON, Jovon   DB   A   Iowa   Transfer To   Retired
2020-03-09   WPG   SWANN, Damian   DB   A   Georgia   Add To   Active Roster
2020-03-09   WPG   JOHNSON, Jovon   DB   A   Iowa   Add To   Active Roster
Swann is another DB with NFL experience. Seems this year we are doing with DBs what we used to do with receivers: bring in a few with NFL experience
dd

« Reply #486 on: March 10, 2020, 10:34:35 PM »

Before being hurt in 2019, Tasker had back to back 1100+ yds recieving seasons. Whitehead had 521 yds last year, and Bailey 209 yds. Sorry, Tasker is worth more than these guys because he produces more, way more. Adding him to our roster would give us greater depth at the recieving position. I've been waiting decades for the elusive NFL cut that's going to come in hear and make an impact. We never seem to uncover/sign a Rogers or Walker. If we lose one of our starting recievers, and they all seem to get nicked up at one time or another during the season, our offense becomes less dynamic/more predictable. I'd be going after him.
GCn19

« Reply #487 on: March 11, 2020, 12:21:25 PM »

Before being hurt in 2019, Tasker had back to back 1100+ yds recieving seasons. Whitehead had 521 yds last year, and Bailey 209 yds. Sorry, Tasker is worth more than these guys because he produces more, way more. Adding him to our roster would give us greater depth at the recieving position. I've been waiting decades for the elusive NFL cut that's going to come in hear and make an impact. We never seem to uncover/sign a Rogers or Walker. If we lose one of our starting recievers, and they all seem to get nicked up at one time or another during the season, our offense becomes less dynamic/more predictable. I'd be going after him.

Interesting that you conveniently left out that Tasker only had 400 yards receiving last year. Even if healthy, on the league's strongest regular season team, he was on pace for 800 yards. Football is a what have you done for me lately business and Tasker had a crap year. Could he rebound...maybe...maybe not, but if I am deciding whether to spend big bucks on a receiver I'd rather not get one that appears to be trending downwards in his career. Lucky had more yards than him, is more dynamic...Bailey had more ypg average then Tasker last year, both were rookies and are trending upwards.
I'd take Tasker if he comes cheap but otherwise we would be wise to take a pass.

booch

« Reply #488 on: March 11, 2020, 12:24:19 PM »

Yeah but Tasker got fed the ball a tonne, and actually got to run developing receiver routes..Bailey and Whitehead, didn't play full seasons...was first yr in the league, and neither were really utilized other than in a short game, and even then under utilized

In 15 games lucky had 72 targets...prob 80 percent being at or behind line of scrimmage...Tasker in comparison in 15 games had 111 targets...12 games had 104 targets..14 games had 108 targets...not to mention full seasons of 155 and 122 targets...cripes in his 9 game season last year got 52 targets...not a good comparison at all when you dig into it
Blue In BC

« Reply #489 on: March 11, 2020, 02:58:12 PM »

It's time to let the 2nd year imports show us what they've got. We saw flashes from all of them in 2019.

I see no reason to try and sign Tasker.

Also, who knows what import talent we find at receiver this TC.

Aside from D. Walker for the right price, I'm good with the talent we've signed.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #490 on: March 11, 2020, 03:03:40 PM »

Love Tasker and what he brought, but will 2020 Tasker be the guy we think of when we say Tasker?  Loved his dad, watching him on teams was a joy.  And young Tasker made some pretty stellar plays himself in his time in the CFL.

Is he worth a look?  Obviously.  But not with anything upfront or guaranteed, min with incentives would be fine... if he still wants to play and thinks he has it still.

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
VictorRomano

« Reply #491 on: March 11, 2020, 03:46:09 PM »

I mentioned this in a non-CFL thread, but does anyone know if WR Cam Phillips is on any CFL neg list?  Kid is absolutely tearing up the XFL (31 catches for 455 yds and 9 TDs), and at 24 it seems he would have a long career ahead of him barring injuries.  Would love to see him in Blue & Gold.
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #492 on: March 11, 2020, 04:17:41 PM »

I mentioned this in a non-CFL thread, but does anyone know if WR Cam Phillips is on any CFL neg list?  Kid is absolutely tearing up the XFL (31 catches for 455 yds and 9 TDs), and at 24 it seems he would have a long career ahead of him barring injuries.  Would love to see him in Blue & Gold.

Looks like he is not on the latest list of 10 players revealed on each of the CFL teams' negotiation lists.  There are others that are not on these lists of course.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #493 on: March 12, 2020, 01:28:23 AM »

Transactions:

2020-03-11   WPG   BROWN, Dru   QB   A   Hawaii   Add To   Active Roster

Bombers sign former Hawaii, Oklahoma State quarterback Dru Brown

By John Hodge -  March 11, 2020

The Winnipeg Blue Bombers have signed American quarterback Dru Brown.

The California native transferred to Hawaii for his sophomore season, throwing for 2,488 yards, 19 touchdowns and seven interceptions in fourteen games. He returned as a full-time starter for his junior season and threw for 2,785 yards, 18 touchdowns and eight interceptions.

Brown transferred to Oklahoma State for his senior season in 2019 and served as a team captain. He saw action in seven games, completing 72 passes for 810 yards, seven touchdowns and one interception.

The five-foot-eleven, 200-pounder is the fourth quarterback under contract with Winnipeg alongside Zach Collaros, Sean McGuire, and Austin Appleby.

https://3downnation.com/2020/03/11/bombers-sign-former-hawaii-oklahoma-state-quarterback-dru-brown/

TecnoGenius

« Reply #494 on: March 12, 2020, 06:24:06 AM »

Don't want to muddy up the roster thread too much (should make new threads guys!), but I still think Tasker is a pass.  I did want to mention that it appears no one has Armanti Edwards yet(?)... he would make a good acquisition if you can't get Walker, and if he's sufficiently cheap.  1014 yds in '19 and one of the few bright lights in TOR.  At 32 he can't be asking for the world.  And he's FAKENAT qualified.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: