Blue Bombers Forum
May 24, 2022, 04:59:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 156308 times)
Pigskin

« Reply #465 on: February 29, 2020, 06:13:06 PM »

I would be okay with Luke Tasker. He is a solid receiver that will go into those dirty areas. In his 6 complete seasons in the CFL he has 3-1000 and 2-900 yard seasons. Last year he was injured for 9 games and was really limited in his production. However at the right price I would be okay adding another gritty receiver.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
dd

« Reply #466 on: February 29, 2020, 07:00:01 PM »

I think we should pick him up. At this point in time he either plays for us or not at all and he?ll be both productive and reliable, something we ve struggled with here since Weston left.
PloenFan

« Reply #467 on: March 01, 2020, 12:18:36 AM »

Tasker and Collaros played together in Hamilton in 2014 to 2017,

Here are Taskers stats over that period:
YEAR   TEAM   GP   REC   ATT   YDS   YAC   TD   AVG   LG
2014  HAM   17   72   122   937   -   5   13.0   50
2015  HAM   14   76   108   1066   -   6   14.0   64
2016  HAM   12   76   104   852   263   5   11.2   39
2017  HAM   18   104   154   1167   366   7   11.2   45

Signing him at the right price would make sense.
dd

« Reply #468 on: March 01, 2020, 05:57:17 AM »

Hope this happens
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #469 on: March 01, 2020, 11:28:56 AM »

I would be okay with Luke Tasker. He is a solid receiver that will go into those dirty areas. In his 6 complete seasons in the CFL he has 3-1000 and 2-900 yard seasons. Last year he was injured for 9 games and was really limited in his production. However at the right price I would be okay adding another gritty receiver.

The only detriment is taking snaps away from younger developing receivers like Bailey, if they sign Tasker ya know he's going to occupy one of the starting receiver positions and set others back.  I don't know if I would consider Tasker anymore grittier a receiver than Dressler, shifty seems to be a more appropriate label for both of them.
blueraid

« Reply #470 on: March 01, 2020, 04:42:59 PM »

The only detriment is taking snaps away from younger developing receivers like Bailey, if they sign Tasker ya know he's going to occupy one of the starting receiver positions and set others back.  I don't know if I would consider Tasker anymore grittier a receiver than Dressler, shifty seems to be a more appropriate label for both of them.

One problem ,besides what you have mentioned, is that Tasker is coming up lame....He spent a lot of time on the cats ir last year and ,like Dressler, is starting to slow down a bit....Hits taking their toll...just like with Dress.....Little guys playing a big guys game........something is going to give..I'd be cautious with the signing and only entertain it after Walker is off the board
Pigskin

« Reply #471 on: March 01, 2020, 07:19:15 PM »

One problem ,besides what you have mentioned, is that Tasker is coming up lame....He spent a lot of time on the cats ir last year and ,like Dressler, is starting to slow down a bit....Hits taking their toll...just like with Dress.....Little guys playing a big guys game........something is going to give..I'd be cautious with the signing and only entertain it after Walker is off the board

Tasker is 29, 5'11" - 190, a little bigger then Dressler who was 5'7"-168, and about 5 years younger.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 02:27:06 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
dd

« Reply #472 on: March 01, 2020, 08:24:48 PM »

I m not concerned about taking snaps away from a developing receiver?a developing reciever is just that, developing. Your starters have got to be productive playmakers. developing recievers can work away in practice, be put into the game as injuries or other receivers are tired after making a big play and slowly get worked into the starting lineup. Lawler, Demski and Adams are productive receivers. Bailey hasn?t shown enough yet, he could be good or he could struggle. Signing Tasker would give us another reliable productive weapon on offense and heaven forbid we get injuries like a couple of years ago when we didn?t have a receiver in the lineup capable of making a play.
Horseman

« Reply #473 on: March 02, 2020, 05:55:00 PM »

I m not concerned about taking snaps away from a developing receiver?a developing reciever is just that, developing. Your starters have got to be productive playmakers. developing recievers can work away in practice, be put into the game as injuries or other receivers are tired after making a big play and slowly get worked into the starting lineup. Lawler, Demski and Adams are productive receivers. Bailey hasn?t shown enough yet, he could be good or he could struggle. Signing Tasker would give us another reliable productive weapon on offense and heaven forbid we get injuries like a couple of years ago when we didn?t have a receiver in the lineup capable of making a play.

Well said, if Walker (where's Walker?) elects to go elsewhere, then Tasker would be a good fit.
the paw

« Reply #474 on: March 02, 2020, 06:33:20 PM »

I maintain that Whitehead is a guy we can afford to trade.  I just don't think he is a great downfield or possession receiver. Both here and in the NFL, he lived on short passes and handoffs where he can use his speed.  While that's okay as far as it goes, it has limits and its why he was benched for Bailey towards the end of the year. 

I would love Whitehead as a DI, but with Grant returning the way he has, I think that is not an option.  I would much rather deal Whitehead to the East for some assets, and get someone like Tasker in that starting receivers spot.  Not sure how viable that is from a salary perspective. 

grab grass 'n growl
GCn19

« Reply #475 on: March 02, 2020, 06:34:27 PM »

Unless Tasker will come in cheap, my opinion is that we have guys who are pretty much as good as he is.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #476 on: March 02, 2020, 06:40:10 PM »

Unless Tasker will come in cheap, my opinion is that we have guys who are pretty much as good as he is.

Whatever Tasker is asking apparently it's too much, he either takes what is offered, if there are in fact any offers, or he follows Dressler into the land of retirement.
booch

« Reply #477 on: March 02, 2020, 06:49:22 PM »

if we don't land Walker this year..then go with what we got, and whats new coming into camp...no need for Tasker and his most likely 80 to 100k price tag...prob be more to be honest...we have some intriguing prospects and you don't know what you got till you actually get used...camp and pre-season sometimes doesn't do a layer justice to show his true skill

Keep whatever $ we are allocating for Walker in the bank...I'm sure there will be somebody shaking free from NFL..Either one of our guys, or some one else's and there's a good chance at that time we may be looking like a strong Grey Cup contender...which will make swaying a guy our way easier..especially if we can offer nice pro-rated money
blue_or_die

« Reply #478 on: March 02, 2020, 06:57:30 PM »

No to Tasker. It's go all in with Walker or use someone in-house. There is only one football to go around and unless we land an exceptional, season-altering receiver then I'm happy to throw in a guy who's earned a shot over a guy who might end up washed up at this point in his career.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #479 on: March 02, 2020, 08:20:04 PM »

Hard to say for sure because we don't know the exact cost but I'd be taking a hard look at Tasker. Outside of Adams, our American receivers are very green. They've got high upside, but experience is important. If we were to lose Adams for any length of time we would really have no veteran presence at all there.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: