Blue Bombers Forum
October 02, 2022, 04:31:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 173869 times)
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2020, 10:45:05 PM »

2020-01-13   WPG   ALEXANDRE, Justin   DL   N      Add To   Active Roster

Justin is 22 years old, 6'5" 256 pounds and was an un-drafted signing by the Jets last year.

As usual the CFL transactions page is incorrect as Justin is an American.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2020, 11:12:15 PM »

2020-01-13   WPG   ALEXANDRE, Justin   DL   N      Add To   Active Roster

Justin is 22 years old, 6'5" 256 pounds and was an un-drafted signing by the Jets last year.

As usual the CFL transactions page is incorrect as Justin is an American.
what a beast near Jefferson measurables.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
kkc60

« Reply #242 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:58 PM »

what a beast near Jefferson measurables.
Pretty average measurables for a defensive end in the CFL
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #243 on: January 14, 2020, 01:33:34 AM »

I don't like the injury risk with Collaros as the starter. Not only for possible injury during the season but to his long term health.

agree

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
the paw

« Reply #244 on: January 14, 2020, 03:25:02 AM »

Pretty average measurables for a defensive end in the CFL

The vast majority of DEs are 6'2" to 6'4".  This kid is on the taller side and a little heavier than average too.  Not freakishly above average on either count, but definitely a little above average.

grab grass 'n growl
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #245 on: January 14, 2020, 03:30:44 AM »

The vast majority of DEs are 6'2" to 6'4".  This kid is on the taller side and a little heavier than average too.  Not freakishly above average on either count, but definitely a little above average.
That is what I thought.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
kkc60

« Reply #246 on: January 14, 2020, 04:25:08 AM »

Pretty much same size as Roh. Not a notable size like Jefferson
booch

« Reply #247 on: January 14, 2020, 01:59:34 PM »

May 2017 0.137 and he flipped his SUV
Feb 2018 driving the wrong way in a tunnel and drove into a bus.

You're willing to meh that?

People have done that kind of stuff sober....I bet half the posters on here have made an oopsie and drove the wrong way down a one way street....not saying they hit anything, but we don't know the circumstances of the accident and if he turned wrong way and bam...the bus was right there...or if he was casually driving that way for an extended period
Blue In BC

« Reply #248 on: January 14, 2020, 02:13:01 PM »

People have done that kind of stuff sober....I bet half the posters on here have made an oopsie and drove the wrong way down a one way street....not saying they hit anything, but we don't know the circumstances of the accident and if he turned wrong way and bam...the bus was right there...or if he was casually driving that way for an extended period

The difference is having done it and received a DUI and having had 3 of them. Not quite the same as your example.

In any case it's more an issue of what he's now doing to mediate his issue. If he's gone / going to counseling and attending AA meetings and been sober for 1+ year, then he's headed in the right direction.

I'm just saying it's not something you can just dismiss outright as inconsequential.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GCn19

« Reply #249 on: January 14, 2020, 02:41:07 PM »

Charleston Hughes was passed out behind the wheel in the middle of traffic last year. He had a pretty good season. Just saying.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #250 on: January 14, 2020, 02:53:16 PM »

Charleston Hughes was passed out behind the wheel in the middle of traffic last year. He had a pretty good season. Just saying.

This makes no sense.  The best athletes are still judged same as rest of society.  They are just people and people need to respect each other and the laws of society.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TBURGESS

« Reply #251 on: January 14, 2020, 02:58:30 PM »

Stop the excuses and stop making up stories.

This isn't his 2nd chance it's his 3rd or 4th chance depending on which story you believe.

Turning the wrong way on a one way and hitting a bus because you're drunk isn't the same as making a mistake when you're sober. We don't have any idea if that's even the real story anyway or just a fabrication.

Good or bad, we signed a guy with alcohol problems. End of story.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
GCn19

« Reply #252 on: January 14, 2020, 03:10:49 PM »

Stop the excuses and stop making up stories.

This isn't his 2nd chance it's his 3rd or 4th chance depending on which story you believe.

Turning the wrong way on a one way and hitting a bus because you're drunk isn't the same as making a mistake when you're sober. We don't have any idea if that's even the real story anyway or just a fabrication.

Good or bad, we signed a guy with alcohol problems. End of story.

Yes we did. Hopefully, he continues his successful recovery. I think a person would have to be monumentally stupid to believe that we would sign a guy who has not clearly demonstrated that he has reformed his past behavior. Secondly, not a single one of us knows Adam about this guy. His coaches spoke glowingly about him in the AAF and how he was a changed man, has found god, and is educating troubled youth on alcohol and drugs now....but that doesn't fit the narrative around here. SMH.

For those who are interested about actually learning something about the man before crucifying him...

https://406mtsports.com/professional/football/dylan-donahue-talks-recovery-from-alcoholism-coaching-football-at-alma/article_166f91e5-c49f-5768-829a-cd77b8359f9c.html
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 03:28:34 PM by GCn19 » Logged

GCn19

« Reply #253 on: January 14, 2020, 03:29:48 PM »

This makes no sense.  The best athletes are still judged same as rest of society.  They are just people and people need to respect each other and the laws of society.

All I'm saying is that an athlete, or any other human being for that matter, can battle addictions and still come out the other side and find success.

GCn19

« Reply #254 on: January 14, 2020, 03:31:51 PM »

He completely owns it and has changed his life around. It was his rock bottom and by all accounts he has reformed his behavior and this, if anything, has strengthened him. I am willing to give him a chance. I don't for one second believe he is still a problem child. I don't like the choices he made in the past anymore than anyone else does, but everything I've read about the guy since indicates to me that he has reformed his behavior.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 03:33:52 PM by GCn19 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: