Blue Bombers Forum
December 05, 2022, 09:15:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 180168 times)
kkc60

« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2020, 08:28:49 PM »

First ArDarius Stewart, now Dylan Donahue. We sure like our 2017 Jets picks
TecnoGenius

« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2020, 06:19:53 AM »

The Canadian Football League (@CFL
): where you can get arrested not once, not twice but for 3 incidents for DUI, including driving the wrong way and crashing into a bus. Welcome to the #Bombers Dylan Donahue, who was also suspended 14 games in '18 for violating substance abuse.

I saw that already but didn't post it... The guy can have another chance (at being an upright football citizen, not at getting another DUI!).  We've taken on guys with iffy off-field issues before, nothing wrong with that if they are willing and able to change.

Just make sure when the Riders come to town we don't let Donahue and Hughes go driving off alone!  Ba dum dum.

Never go full Rider!
blueraid

« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2020, 05:17:22 PM »

Remember when we signed a guy by the name of Mike Sellers that had a problem down south...That one didn't turn out too bad Wink
Blue In BC

« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2020, 09:47:59 PM »

Remember when we signed a guy by the name of Mike Sellers that had a problem down south...That one didn't turn out too bad Wink

I can't remember what problems Sellers had.

A young player with 3 DUI's including a crash + substance abuse is not the best situation. All for 2nd chances but this is a concern.

I'm not even sure he'll be able to cross the border.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
the paw

« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2020, 10:05:36 PM »

I can't remember what problems Sellers had.

A young player with 3 DUI's including a crash + substance abuse is not the best situation. All for 2nd chances but this is a concern.

I'm not even sure he'll be able to cross the border.

When I googled, I only found 2 DUIs, about 3 months apart.  Those triggered the violation of the NFL substance abuse policy.  So we are really talking a out a period of several months where his brain went on vacation.

It appears he pled guilty, took responsibility, and entered a sobriety program.  I dont really have a problem considering this his second chance, but he's on a short leash.

grab grass 'n growl
blue girl

« Reply #230 on: January 11, 2020, 11:53:38 PM »

I'm sure that The Bombers talked to him before they signed him and decided that he had cleaned up his act. I do agree that he's on a short leash but if he can stay clean I have no problem with giving him a second chance.
Blue In BC

« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2020, 03:10:56 PM »

If he a is a play maker he can stay. A couple DUIs meh. He is a defensive weapon he makes the team.

He caused an accident so it's a little more serious than just a little over the limit.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
kkc60

« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2020, 03:15:07 PM »

If he's cleaned up his act, good on him. If not, no place for him here.

I do wonder what the reaction here would be like if a different team signed him
Blue In BC

« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2020, 04:12:37 PM »

If he a is a play maker he can stay. A couple DUIs meh. He is a defensive weapon he makes the team.

May 2017 0.137 and he flipped his SUV
Feb 2018 driving the wrong way in a tunnel and drove into a bus.

You're willing to meh that?

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #234 on: January 12, 2020, 06:23:06 PM »

People need a second and sometimes even a third chance....alcoholism is fraught with difficulty and not easy to overcome.   My father quit drinking when I was born....so I'm a little more sensitive to writing someone off who takes more than one misstep along the way to recovery.

That being said if this person has crossed that road and can still play for us and can prove himself to be fully recovered I'm totally down with that!

Happy to be able to watch a rematch of the 2019 game in Hamilton's back yard!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #235 on: January 12, 2020, 06:57:09 PM »

May 2017 0.137 and he flipped his SUV
Feb 2018 driving the wrong way in a tunnel and drove into a bus.

You're willing to meh that?
My response was not the best I will admit. I meant to say no one got hurt but yes it is very bad to do what he did. I do not even drive with 1 beer in my system going to my parents who live 2 blocks from me in a car.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 09:35:10 PM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Blue In BC

« Reply #236 on: January 12, 2020, 07:33:57 PM »

People need a second and sometimes even a third chance....alcoholism is fraught with difficulty and not easy to overcome.   My father quit drinking when I was born....so I'm a little more sensitive to writing someone off who takes more than one misstep along the way to recovery.

That being said if this person has crossed that road and can still play for us and can prove himself to be fully recovered I'm totally down with that!

Whether he ever plays another down of football I hope he's resolved his issues. It's not an easy road but people have been able to make that transition.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
the paw

« Reply #237 on: January 12, 2020, 08:47:20 PM »

People need a second and sometimes even a third chance....alcoholism is fraught with difficulty and not easy to overcome.   My father quit drinking when I was born....so I'm a little more sensitive to writing someone off who takes more than one misstep along the way to recovery.

Writing a potential player off as a prospect for CFL employment is different than writing the young man off as a human being.  He is asking to cross the border and get employment under special waivers to normal immigration practices.

Actions can have consequences, even if there is a possibility of redemption.  I'm okay with him getting a second chance, but if he has another slip he needs to seek his redemption back home IMHO.  We don't owe him anything, but we do owe our community a minimum standard of behavior that we expect.  So here's hoping he makes the most of his chance.

grab grass 'n growl
dd

« Reply #238 on: January 12, 2020, 09:00:38 PM »

Here?s hoping he comes up here and makes the most of this opportunity and plays lights out for us vs pull a Manziel and not overcome his demons
Blue In BC

« Reply #239 on: January 13, 2020, 03:47:41 PM »

It's a difficult problem at every level. It can be overcome. In that sense the past is the past and things need to move forward.

I have no idea whether he's been able to do that or not.

Even if he gives up driving for ever ( not likely ) that's not the only issue. His future physical and mental health, his relationship with family and friends can be at risk.

I've had family with alcohol problems and I've had my vehicle struck by a drunk driver ( no injuries ) to anyone.

Football is only a game. I'm with PJ on this hoping for a happy ending. The football part of it is less relevant.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: