Blue Bombers Forum
December 07, 2022, 03:39:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 181056 times)
kkc60

« Reply #210 on: January 09, 2020, 11:36:19 PM »

Other teams are re-signing players. In any case figuring out the SMS is determined in large part by what you spend in re-signing your players. It's the starting point.

I would expect that before the end of December they decided who they wanted back and projected salary.

They may have gone as far as looking at the CFL free agency list to create Plan B options with priorities and rankings.

Every time you re-sign one of your own it varies the plan. If you know S. Bryant doesn't want to return to look to see what the options are etc and what impact it would have across the roster SMS.

BTW: In 2019 we signed 6 veterans in the week of Jan 3 - Jan 8 just as a reference. All of the other things going on at the moment were also going on last year early in the year.
We are still re-upping at a quicker perceived pace than most. And we have leas FAs to boot.

Patience
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #211 on: January 10, 2020, 02:55:31 AM »

2020-01-09   WPG   DONAHUE, Dylan   DL   N   West Georgia   Add To   Active Roster

Dylan was a 5th round 2017 NFL draft. He played linebacker (6'3'' 247 pounds) for the Jets until some off the field issues. He played in the AAF last year.

kkc60

« Reply #212 on: January 10, 2020, 02:19:29 PM »

2020-01-09   WPG   DONAHUE, Dylan   DL   N   West Georgia   Add To   Active Roster

Dylan was a 5th round 2017 NFL draft. He played linebacker (6'3'' 247 pounds) for the Jets until some off the field issues. He played in the AAF last year.
I like this signing
Blue In BC

« Reply #213 on: January 10, 2020, 02:48:06 PM »

We are still re-upping at a quicker perceived pace than most. And we have leas FAs to boot.

Patience

We've also lost 3 players to the NFL and might still lose Streveler and Jefferson as well.

We don't currently have any of our established QB's signed.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
kkc60

« Reply #214 on: January 10, 2020, 03:31:54 PM »

We've also lost 3 players to the NFL and might still lose Streveler and Jefferson as well.

Nor does any team with a FA QB minus Hamilton.

Its not like there are many openings, minus Toronto there really isn't one with Ottawa getting Arbuckle. Litersllynzero reason to rush or panic at QB.
Blue In BC

« Reply #215 on: January 10, 2020, 03:42:09 PM »

Nor does any team with a FA QB minus Hamilton.

Its not like there are many openings, minus Toronto there really isn't one with Ottawa getting Arbuckle. Litersllynzero reason to rush or panic at QB.

Only Toronto and Ottawa don't have their QB's locked up along with Winnipeg. Ottawa may or may not be able to sign Arbuckle. If they don't he may decide on Toronto.

How many QB openings do you need when it only takes one to lose the QB we want? Collaros is too big a risk to be a # 1 IMO.

Nobody is panicking just mentioning some things. We didn't lose anybody to the NFL last year. We signed 6 vets during this same week last off season and we already had our 2 QB's determined.

We may have a short list of potential free agents but we've already lost more players that we wanted to keep then in all of 2019 free agency.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blueraid

« Reply #216 on: January 10, 2020, 05:24:08 PM »

I think the only reason Streveler hasn't signed down south is that he's still nursing that injury to his ankle...and if you can't show your best how would the nfl be able to judge his ability accurately...My thought are that a team down there will see him more as a running threat than anything...His dream of being a qb. for any length of time in the nfl will be short lived...Certainly the money would be the biggest draw but I'd hate to see him languish on a pr and his career stagnate like so many that have gone down south ..

As far as Jefferson goes...it looks like there's a good chance he'll return as no signing has happened after all of this time...He still has a window but at 29 AND no nfl pr time left.. I think that his chances are very slim...Will be really happy to see his return if it goes that way
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #217 on: January 10, 2020, 05:41:00 PM »

A friend of mine bumped into Bob Irving yesterday and asked him who the starting QB was going to be next year and he said Collaros. I good with that as long as Streveler is back as well.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Blue In BC

« Reply #218 on: January 10, 2020, 05:50:29 PM »

A friend of mine bumped into Bob Irving yesterday and asked him who the starting QB was going to be next year and he said Collaros. I good with that as long as Streveler is back as well.

I don't like the injury risk with Collaros as the starter. Not only for possible injury during the season but to his long term health.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #219 on: January 10, 2020, 07:10:55 PM »

Collaros is undefeated as a Bomber, and won a GC.  We could do worse...

There are a lot of scenarios that we could get into, but I think the most important question first is "Who is the OC".  That is what your friend should have asked Bob...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #220 on: January 10, 2020, 07:40:56 PM »

Does he actually qualify as a National? It seems like most of the players we've been signing to futures contracts are listed as " N ".

That seems unlikely that so many are available.

I see he's had two DWI's which is concerning.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #221 on: January 10, 2020, 07:44:00 PM »

Does he actually qualify as a National? It seems like most of the players we've been signing to futures contracts are listed as " N ".

That seems unlikely that so many are available.

I see he's had two DWI's which is concerning.

Jeff Hamilton@jeffkhamilton

The Canadian Football League (@CFL
): where you can get arrested not once, not twice but for 3 incidents for DUI, including driving the wrong way and crashing into a bus. Welcome to the #Bombers Dylan Donahue, who was also suspended 14 games in '18 for violating substance abuse.

Saw this earlier today....  surprised he'd be considered by this team... must have interviewed well as being reformed...

It doesn't look like he's an N, probably just a clerical error...
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:46:54 PM by theaardvark » Logged

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #222 on: January 10, 2020, 07:46:19 PM »

): where you can get arrested not once, not twice but for 3 incidents for DUI, including driving the wrong way and crashing into a bus. Welcome to the #Bombers Dylan Donahue, who was also suspended 14 games in '18 for violating substance abuse.

Saw this earlier today....  surprised he'd be considered by this team... must have interviewed well as being reformed...

Yikes. That's even worst than I thought. Alcohol and substance abuse???  What was the substance?

The " N " might have been a clerical error but haven't you noticed that is many of the new signings? Isee 10 of those signed in November and others such as that DB, Duck.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 07:49:34 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #223 on: January 10, 2020, 07:48:48 PM »

It doesn't look like he's an N, probably just a clerical error...
holy hopefully dude makes the most of it here!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Horseman

« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2020, 08:19:30 PM »

holy hopefully dude makes the most of it here!

Last chance.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: