Blue Bombers Forum
June 27, 2022, 01:59:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 163275 times)
kkc60

« Reply #150 on: December 19, 2019, 02:22:54 PM »

Hecht at safety was a complete disaster. He was always out of position and rarely made a play. Our season turned around the instant Alexander went back there.
Remember how we would seemingly always blitz Hurl to make up for the fact he was a liability al MLB? Well Hecht was blitzed a lot more than Alexander was when he moved to safety.
Blue In BC

« Reply #151 on: December 19, 2019, 02:28:15 PM »

Remember how we would seemingly always blitz Hurl to make up for the fact he was a liability al MLB? Well Hecht was blitzed a lot more than Alexander was when he moved to safety.

I'm trying to forget.

In fairness to Hecht and Jones they both seem to give us 100% and are good team players. We can't expect them to be more than they are from a talent point of view.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
the paw

« Reply #152 on: December 19, 2019, 02:50:55 PM »

I'm trying to forget.

In fairness to Hecht and Jones they both seem to give us 100% and are good team players. We can't expect them to be more than they are from a talent point of view.

Good point.  Hecht actually played better than I thought he would, at least in the first half of the season.  We got good mileage out of a guy who was basically hanging on to the knot at the end of his rope....

grab grass 'n growl
kkc60

« Reply #153 on: December 19, 2019, 04:23:31 PM »

I'm trying to forget.

Well yeah sure but they aren't starters. Great guys, good STers. But not good defensive starters
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #154 on: December 20, 2019, 10:35:43 PM »

Transactions:

2019-12-20   WPG   ROSS, Kayaune   WR   N   Kentucky   Add To   Active Roster
2019-12-20   WPG   RUDOLPH, Travis   WR   N   Florida State   Add To   Active Roster

Darrin Bauming   @DarrinBauming   Dec 22
According to the CFL transaction wire, the #Bombers have added a pair of American receivers from their neg list.

Travis Rudolph is a 6'1" 186lb Florida State product with some NFL experience.

Kayaune Ross is 6'5" 225lb project, nicknamed 'Godzilla' by his WR coach at Kentucky.

Bombers sign former NFL receiver Travis Rudolph

https://3downnation.com/2019/12/22/bombers-sign-former-nfl-receiver-travis-rudolph/
« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 02:30:14 AM by gobombersgo » Logged

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #155 on: December 20, 2019, 10:37:46 PM »

Ottawa signs another former Bomber:

2019-12-20   OTT   ANDERSON, Kevin   QB   A   Fordham   Add To   Active Roster

TecnoGenius

« Reply #156 on: December 21, 2019, 07:06:37 AM »

We tried to go cheap. Thought we could go with Hecht at safety instead of Loffler. That was mostly a disaster. We didn't get good safety play until we moved Alexander there

Good point.  Hecht actually played better than I thought he would, at least in the first half of the season.  We got good mileage out of a guy who was basically hanging on to the knot at the end of his rope....

Hecht had his shortcomings (noted in earlier posts), but he (and the secondary) were pretty solid for the first 5-6 games (FWIR).  It wasn't like he was trash or anything.  I remember at the beginning of the season many (including me) were like "Loffler who?".  Hecht was making INTs, big plays, and blowing up players.  Yes, Alexander was way better (astoundingly good in the last 4 games), but it's not really a fair comparison, as Alexander doesn't help at all on the ratio.

I'm not sure what the solution at FS is in 2020, as even if we get Kongbo back we may need Alexander at DB to replace a NFL-loss.  We'll have to see more of how our re-signs, FAs and NFL-testers shake out.

Never go full Rider!
buckzumhoff

« Reply #157 on: December 23, 2019, 12:46:11 AM »

Loffler getting out to Montreal was a good move by us. Loffler couldn't cover had a hard time reading patterns , he could hit, but what good is that after the receiver has caught the ball 25 yards downfield. Hecht was better than Loffler . at least he went for the ball and probably had more interceptions .
pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #158 on: December 23, 2019, 03:27:05 AM »

Loffler getting out to Montreal was a good move by us. Loffler couldn't cover had a hard time reading patterns , he could hit, but what good is that after the receiver has caught the ball 25 yards downfield. Hecht was better than Loffler . at least he went for the ball and probably had more interceptions .
I would rate them similar with both having a few short comings but overall serviceable most of the time with the ability to have impact on balls games occasionally

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Blue In BC

« Reply #159 on: December 23, 2019, 02:16:43 PM »

Hopefully we get back 10 -12 of our potential free agents. Our roster was very solid but these 1 year deals make it a challenge to retain everybody.  Every team has the same challenge.

Who we want back is fairly obvious for the most part. Who we get back is not quite as certain. Each team probably finished the season with around 60 ( 540 total ) players once you include IR players. The potential free agent list is over 250 players at the moment.

Let the re-signings begin Jan 2. lol

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blue_or_die

« Reply #160 on: December 23, 2019, 04:03:20 PM »

Hopefully we get back 10 -12 of our potential free agents. Our roster was very solid but these 1 year deals make it a challenge to retain everybody.  Every team has the same challenge.

Who we want back is fairly obvious for the most part. Who we get back is not quite as certain. Each team probably finished the season with around 60 ( 540 total ) players once you include IR players. The potential free agent list is over 250 players at the moment.

Yep, Hoping that the next 6 weeks after the holidays are packed with re-signings of our key free agents. Of course it is unlikely we will be able to keep everyone we want before FA Day, but I would like Feb to be focused on mostly targeting new guys that improve an area of need (fingers crossed for Adeleke!!) vs replacing too many guys who leave for whatever reason.

...and after that, well, I hope the weather warms up real fast and we can start talking training camp. lol.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #161 on: December 23, 2019, 04:04:47 PM »

Drivel, not even close, Loffler had more statistics in virtually ever category they track in 4 years than Hecht accumulated in 10 years of play.  One was a perennial CFL All-Star the other an also ran who rarely earned a start.
theaardvark

« Reply #162 on: December 23, 2019, 04:11:41 PM »

Walters has put us in a better position than other teams, we have the fewest pending FA's in the league...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #163 on: December 23, 2019, 04:28:05 PM »

Walters has put us in a better position than other teams, we have the fewest pending FA's in the league...

That's true and he's done a good job season to season putting together a very good roster.

OTOH winning the Grey Cup tends to attract other teams to more of our free agents. We've got a few top players getting looks in the NFL which I don't remember seeing last year.

Going into the off season the SMS question surrounding QB's and the SMS is a big question. Regardless of who we sign there might be an increase overall to the total.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Horseman

« Reply #164 on: December 23, 2019, 04:30:35 PM »

Jefferson is a must re-sign player, he is to dominate to let go.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: