Blue Bombers Forum
October 06, 2022, 08:55:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 174198 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2019, 07:11:11 PM »

Adeleke would be at the top of my list as well. Doesn't directly help with the rotation on the DL. At some point both Jefferson and Jeffcoat need to get some plays off as well.

Hansen helps that to a degree and I'd expect we'll see improvement in his play this season. I can't think of a Kongbo replacement at DE though.

Depending on who we lose in the secondary we may need to move Alexander forward back to DHB. Could still see a import at safety but it just might not be him.

Adeleke would give us a very good National option at safety though.

I wonder how much Hecht and D. Jones made in 2019 and what Adeleke will want in comparison.

EDIT: Of course there is the possibility of Exume or Hallett being given a chance in TC to win the spot to start and actual depth.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 09:05:52 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2019, 07:16:38 PM »

Anybody have a link to the latest neg list released?
TSN dropped some names and ?listed below? is a blank.

https://www.cfl.ca/2019/12/17/cfl-reveals-list-10-negotiation-list-players-team-4/

WINNIPEG BLUE BOMBERS

Name   Position   College   
BENTLEY, Jake   QB   South Carolina
CRACRAFT, River   WR   Washington State
DEAN, Jhavonte   DB   Miami
HEINICKE, Taylor   QB   Old Dominion
JOHNSON, Trey   DB   Villanova
MICKENS, Jaydon   WR   Washington
MOON, Quentin   LB   Western Illinois
REILLY, Brandon   WR   Nebraska
RINGO, Christian   DT   Louisiana Lafayette
RUDOLPH, Travis   WR   Florida State
* Denotes a player participating in an NCAA Bowl game

the paw

« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2019, 08:18:03 PM »

Adeleke would be at the top of my list as ell. Doesn't directly help with the rotation on the DL. At some point both Jefferson and Jeffcoat need to get some plays off as well.

Hansen helps that to a degree and I'd expect we'll see improvement in his play this season. I can't think of a Kongbo replacement at DE though.

Depending on who we lose in the secondary we may need to move Alexander forward back to DHB. Could still see a import at safety but it just might not be him.

Adeleke would give us a very good National option at safety though.

I wonder how much Hecht and D. Jones made in 2019 and what Adeleke will want in comparison.

EDIT: Of course there is the possibility of Exume or Hallett being given a chance in TC to win the spot to start and actual depth.

If we go back to a National at safety, I expect Roh (or someone like him) to roster as a DI DE.  I don't see Exume or Hallett as viable safety options.  Exume is a next gen Mike Miller, he will excel on STs, but that doesn't translate into a starting opportunity. 

Adeleke would be good, but there are some other affordable names on that list as well. 

grab grass 'n growl
booch

« Reply #108 on: December 17, 2019, 08:26:51 PM »

If we go back to a National at safety, I expect Roh (or someone like him) to roster as a DI DE.  I don't see Exume or Hallett as viable safety options.  Exume is a next gen Mike Miller, he will excel on STs, but that doesn't translate into a starting opportunity. 

Adeleke would be good, but there are some other affordable names on that list as well. 

Why you say that?..Exume was a DB and played corner, has cover skills, and way better closing speed than Miller, can totally see him at safety.
Blue In BC

« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2019, 09:08:25 PM »

Which did you have in mind? There may be some good potential players but not sure what their SMS might be.

Ackie was one mentioned going into 2019 but he'll probably be expensive and I'm not sure he comes west.

In a perfect world our 2 2019 rookie DB's challenge for the starting safety spot.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
the paw

« Reply #110 on: December 17, 2019, 09:36:52 PM »

Why you say that?..Exume was a DB and played corner, has cover skills, and way better closing speed than Miller, can totally see him at safety.

Exume was drafted in the eighth round.  Walters actually said he was drafted solely on the strength of his freakishly good ST skills.  I can't find a scouting report on him, but stat sheets from college show a handful of tackles and not much else.  He was a receiver before college.

He has already exceeded expectations by a country mile.  I don't think its fair to project him as a starter based on that.  Who knows, a couple of more years and if he can show enough to justify occasional reps on D, then it makes sense to revisit the idea.  But it would be way premature to consider it now.

grab grass 'n growl
Pigskin

« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2019, 10:09:23 PM »

Exume has good size, excellent speed, and can make open field tackles. I would love to see him get a shot at safety.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
RebusRankin

« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2019, 11:06:56 PM »

Courtney Stephen would be a potential National option at S.
kkc60

« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2019, 03:04:16 AM »

Which did you have in mind? There may be some good potential players but not sure what their SMS might be.

Ackie was one mentioned going into 2019 but he'll probably be expensive and I'm not sure he comes west.

In a perfect world our 2 2019 rookie DB's challenge for the starting safety spot.
Adeleke is premium. A guy like Mike Daly would be more affordable and an upgrade over Hecht
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2019, 01:10:12 PM »

Ottawa signed another former Bomber:

2019-12-17   OTT   MCGLOSTER, Jamar   OL   A   Syracuse   Add To   Active Roster

Blue In BC

« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2019, 02:14:14 PM »

Adeleke is premium. A guy like Mike Daly would be more affordable and an upgrade over Hecht

Daly might be an upgrade over Hecht on ST's but I think he's not worthy of starting. Same for C.Stephen.

Adeleke won't be cheap but I'm not sure how expensive he'll be or where he'll land. Somebody will sign him. I'd like to be in the competition at the very least.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
booch

« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2019, 02:19:27 PM »

Daly might be an upgrade over Hecht on ST's but I think he's not worthy of starting. Same for C.Stephen.

Adeleke won't be cheap but I'm not sure how expensive he'll be or where he'll land. Somebody will sign him. I'd like to be in the competition at the very least.

Why do we need to be thinking going cheap...or bargain barrel shopping?...and if thats the case...whats the point....
Jesse

« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2019, 02:25:12 PM »

Why do we need to be thinking going cheap...or bargain barrel shopping?...and if thats the case...whats the point....

We obviously can't spend a premium at every position.

Adeleke may be out of the price range we have set for that position...which means looking at other options.

Since we don't know the internal discussions or price caps, it's worth talking about.

My wife is amazing!
blue_or_die

« Reply #118 on: December 18, 2019, 03:02:46 PM »

We obviously can't spend a premium at every position.

Adeleke may be out of the price range we have set for that position...which means looking at other options.

Since we don't know the internal discussions or price caps, it's worth talking about.

It's worth talking about but I agree with booch. Unless we can get a really good Canadian safety, we might as well just keep Alexander there and figure out the ratio elsewhere.

It just doesn't feel like there's a lot available other than Adeleke and if there's a big drop after him and we are able to only do a "bit better than Hecht and Jones", I'm not able to get it up for that.

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Jesse

« Reply #119 on: December 18, 2019, 03:08:56 PM »

It's worth talking about but I agree with booch. Unless we can get a really good Canadian safety, we might as well just keep Alexander there and figure out the ratio elsewhere.

It just doesn't feel like there's a lot available other than Adeleke and if there's a big drop after him and we are able to only do a "bit better than Hecht and Jones", I'm not able to get it up for that.

I didn't realize that's what he was suggesting.

Absolutely, then. It's going to be interesting to see how we deploy our nationals to start the year.

My wife is amazing!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: