Blue Bombers Forum
May 28, 2022, 07:11:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bombers roster - 2019-2020  (Read 157063 times)
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2019, 11:50:52 PM »

Transactions:

2019-12-13   WPG   BOYNTON, Malik   DB   A   Austin Peay   Add To   Active Roster

Malik was with the Bombers last season. He participated in mini-camp, rookie camp and then was cut at the end of main camp.

kkc60

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2019, 02:11:32 AM »

Transactions:

2019-12-13   WPG   BOYNTON, Malik   DB   A   Austin Peay   Add To   Active Roster

Malik was with the Bombers last season. He participated in mini-camp, rookie camp and then was cut at the end of main camp.
Imo he was the best of Jones, Rios and co
TBURGESS

« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2019, 12:58:28 PM »

John Hodge - Hearing OL Jermarcus Hardrick has agreed to terms on a one-year contract extension in Winnipeg. The 29-year-old has started 67 games since he joined the team in 2016.

Excellent news.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2019, 08:35:25 AM »

BOMBERS SIGN OFFENSIVE LINEMAN JERMARCUS HARDRICK TO ONE-YEAR EXTENSION

WINNIPEG, MB., December 14, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has signed American offensive lineman Jermarcus Hardrick to a one-year extension. Hardrick was scheduled to be a free agent in February.

Hardrick (6-5, 320, Nebraska, May 30, 1990 in Batesville, MS) will be entering his seventh CFL season in 2020, and fifth with Winnipeg. Hardrick has played in 67 games since joining the team prior to the 2016 season, including starting all 18 games and three playoff games at right tackle.

Hardrick is a mainstay on an offensive lineman that once again blocked for the league's leading rusher, and all of his games dressed (67) with Winnipeg since signing with the club have been starts.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/12/14/bombers-sign-offensive-lineman-jermarcus-hardrick-one-year-extension/

"ALL I CAN SAY IS 'THANK YOU WINNIPEG'" - HARDRICK BACK ON BOARD FOR 2020

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/12/14/can-say-thank-winnipeg-hardrick-back-board-2020/

KINGCHARLES

« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2019, 02:40:30 PM »

As much as the Bombers need to solve the QB situation, i think its most important to sign all the OL first. It will help make things easier keeping a guy like Collaros. I truly think that Collaros desereves to have an OL like we've built to keep him safe.

BEASTS OF THE EAST

I DON'T BRAKE FOR RIDER FANS
Nic16

« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2019, 03:30:48 PM »

Incredible life story behind Boynton. I was really hoping for the kid last TC. Maybe the 2nd time will be the charm. He?s got good size and speed, and could be a good candidate for Field side CB, if Mike Jones is moved to HB or boundary CB.

I?m also excited to see Peters was brought back. From what I read it sounds like he had a meniscus problem to get looked after. The BB pushed to get him back up here so I think he?ll be an interesting one to watch this TC. He definitely has the size & power to play MAC, but also might have the quicks to play WIL.

The BB struggled to find a backup LB/STer until they got Jones, but Peters could be the longer term answer. Hi
blue girl

« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2019, 07:54:37 PM »

As much as the Bombers need to solve the QB situation, i think its most important to sign all the OL first. It will help make things easier keeping a guy like Collaros. I truly think that Collaros desereves to have an OL like we've built to keep him safe.
I totally agree. I've always said that after QB the most important position is the OL. No QB wants to constantly being getting hit. Especially one with the injury history of Collaros.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2019, 04:13:37 AM »

BOMBERS SIGN RECEIVER DREW WOLITARSKY TO A TWO-YEAR EXTENSION

WINNIPEG, MB., December 14, 2019 - The Winnipeg Blue Bombers today announce the club has agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension with Canadian receiver Drew Wolitarsky. Woliltarsky was scheduled to be a free agent in February.

Wolitarsky (6-2, 226, Minnesota, March 22, 1995 in Santa Clarita, CA) will be entering his fourth season with the Bombers in 2020 after being selected by the club in the CFL Supplemental Draft on June 27, 2017. Born in California, Wolitarsky is classified as a national in the CFL as his mother is from Montreal and he provided the necessary documentation to qualify as Canadian.

Wolitarsky started 17 regular season games for the Bombers in 2019, pulling in 33 passes for 361 yards and four touchdowns and adding eight receptions for 118 yards in three post-season contests.

He posted his best numbers in 2018 with 45 receptions for 650 yards and five touchdowns, his yardage total second only to Darvin Adams on the team. His 650 receiving yards that year were also the most by a Canadian receiver for the Bombers since Gerald Wilcox in 1995 (69 catches for 1,024 yards). Wolitarsky made his CFL debut in 2017 and dressed for five games that season.

Wolitarsky played his college ball at Minnesota and upon graduation, was tied for eighth spot in all-time receptions (130) and ninth in receiving yards (1,749). He was named an All-Big Ten Third-Team All-Star and Academic All-Big Ten as a senior.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/12/15/bombers-sign-receiver-drew-wolitarsky-two-year-extension/

WOLITARSKY THE RECEIVER-MUSICIAN-WRITER SIGNS ON FOR TWO MORE YEARS

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/12/15/wolitarsky-receiver-musician-writer-signs-two-years/

theaardvark

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2019, 01:06:55 PM »

Wolitarsky (best friend of Streveler) re-signing is huge, in so many ways.  Ratio filler that isn't a liability, big play / 2nd down clutch guy who can still stretch the field.  Huge signing, one of the key non-QB ones this offseason. 

Only REC not signed is Adams, he should be due a raise, not sure if we have that here, especially since our REC position is developing so well.  Nice to have Aams back, but I don't think we have an issue if he isn't...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2019, 02:08:46 PM »

Wolitarsky (best friend of Streveler) re-signing is huge, in so many ways.  Ratio filler that isn't a liability, big play / 2nd down clutch guy who can still stretch the field.  Huge signing, one of the key non-QB ones this offseason. 

Only REC not signed is Adams, he should be due a raise, not sure if we have that here, especially since our REC position is developing so well.  Nice to have Aams back, but I don't think we have an issue if he isn't...

I'd like Adams back but I agree it's going to depend on his ask and our SMS position. Last year we actually found and developed some import receiver depth.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
the paw

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2019, 03:20:42 PM »

My free agent strategy as of today, would be to:

1.  Extend Bryant and Nevis, those are the only two "must haves" on the list.

2.  If Nichols rehab is on schedule, I table a good offer to lock him up quickly.  If the rehab is behind, or Nichols dithers, I make a similar good offer to Collaros.  I want one of those two in the $450k - $550k range before the "offer comparison" period starts.  If they take it to off comparison, all deals are off the table and I find out what the price is on Arbuckle and Masoli before picking my best value. 

3. If I can sign my QB early, I slow play everything else as I wait to see how the NFL workouts play out.  You don't want to commit SMS dollars too quickly until you know whether you have to find coin for Jefferson, Rose and Sayles. 

4.  Once you know that, then you make decisions on Darvin Adams, Jake Thomas, Craig Roh, the guys who you would like to have back, but that you can probably replace in free agency if needed. 

grab grass 'n growl
Blue In BC

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2019, 03:40:31 PM »

I don't think Thomas will be that an expensive re-signing. We need him to rotate on the DL and as part of the ratio issue.

Roh unfortunately is probably expendable but he's a good player.

I'd like to re-sign Taylor regardless of what happens with Rose and Sayles. Obviously would like those two back but they might be NFL bound for at least part of the season.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
booch

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2019, 03:44:24 PM »

I don't think Thomas will be that an expensive re-signing. We need him to rotate on the DL and as part of the ratio issue.

Roh unfortunately is probably expendable but he's a good player.

I'd like to re-sign Taylor regardless of what happens with Rose and Sayles. Obviously would like those two back but they might be NFL bound for at least part of the season.

Roh won't be overly pricey, he was a late signee last free-agency after most of dust settled, so if we lose Willie, I can see us bringing him back at a slight increase, and hopefully McCallister to rotate in if he still available or willing to come back
Blue In BC

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2019, 05:18:11 PM »

Roh won't be overly pricey, he was a late signee last free-agency after most of dust settled, so if we lose Willie, I can see us bringing him back at a slight increase, and hopefully McCallister to rotate in if he still available or willing to come back

I don't disagree with that per se. It's more about whether we do lose Jefferson and whether Kongbo returns, plus how we use the ratio with our DI's. Development of Hansen as a rotation guy as well.

McAllister and other new DL might make a push for a role at a lower cost.

I'm not opposed to seeing Roh back. He's a good player. The only real question is about whether there is a role on the AR or IR. He might balk if he thinks there is little chance to get on the AR.

Generally IMO if we get Jefferson back we probably go someone like McAllister or a rookie.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
booch

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2019, 05:23:24 PM »

I don't disagree with that per se. It's more about whether we do lose Jefferson and whether Kongbo returns, plus how we use the ratio with our DI's. Development of Hansen as a rotation guy as well.

McAllister and other new DL might make a push for a role at a lower cost.

I'm not opposed to seeing Roh back. He's a good player. The only real question is about whether there is a role on the AR or IR. He might balk if he thinks there is little chance to get on the AR.

Generally IMO if we get Jefferson back we probably go someone like McAllister or a rookie.

Yeah if Jefferson is back...we go younger cheaper...and Roh is let go

Of the 2 sniffing out NFL opportunities I would think Kongbo would stick for a bit on PR's and Jefferson back here as too many things not in his favour to stick there, and would need to land in the perfect situation, and even then there is no gaurantee
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 40
  Print  

Jump to: