Blue Bombers Forum
September 26, 2021, 05:53:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Maas Out as Head Coach in Edmonton  (Read 13799 times)
GCn19

« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2019, 05:07:22 PM »

If we lose LaPo, does he take Buck Pierce with him or does Buck stay and move up to OC?

Given the option I am sure he would stay here.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2019, 05:07:53 PM »

I think LaPolice will be gone..  too many HC vacancies to fill..  one team will pick LaPolice up very quickly..  My bet is BC...
booch

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2019, 05:09:16 PM »

If we lose LaPo, does he take Buck Pierce with him or does Buck stay and move up to OC?

i doubt Buck would want to leave..has a good thing here..wife is from here, and he is the likely guy to move up..or get an expanded role if not the defacto OC...also not sure of his contract status going into 2020 but if under contract still we can deny any request from a team to kick his tires
GCn19

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2019, 05:09:59 PM »

I think LaPolice will be gone..  too many HC vacancies to fill..  one team will pick LaPolice up very quickly..  My bet is BC...

There are a lot of good candidates, and Lapo may be the media's pick for a HC job I don't necessarily think he is anyone elses.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
booch

« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2019, 05:14:27 PM »

I think the bigger question is...Will Hall be back and if he chooses to retire...where do we go from there?...In house?...outside the box...one of the usual suspects??

Myself, I hope he is back and he has done nothing this year to not warrant being back..although many this year lambasted him with regularity. Guy has what now?..3..4 cups as a coach?
theaardvark

« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2019, 05:24:10 PM »

I think the bigger question is...Will Hall be back and if he chooses to retire...where do we go from there?...In house?...outside the box...one of the usual suspects??

Myself, I hope he is back and he has done nothing this year to not warrant being back..although many this year lambasted him with regularity. Guy has what now?..3..4 cups as a coach?

Hall is 59...  where does the "retirement" idea come from?

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jesse

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2019, 07:05:03 PM »

Hall is 59...  where does the "retirement" idea come from?

He's been having health issues...family issues.

I'm not sure what he's going to do, but it might be crossing his mind.

My wife is amazing!
booch

« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2019, 07:07:16 PM »

what he said above me...he was needing a cane last year....and has gone through a lot last few years...not saying he is considering it, but more a what if?..I hope he stays..continuity is a good thing and his players love him and will go through a wall for him..which they showed in play-offs
ichabod_crane

« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2019, 10:15:22 PM »

As a coach I think only 2 cups. He won at least one other as a player either with Sask or Calgary.

Former DC's out there are Benevides and Claybrooks. Claybrooks probably was not ready to be a HC yet and ran into a bad situation with that clown GM in BC selling the farm for a couple free agents, but he was really good as a DC in Calgary. Players really respected him.
BigBomberFan

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2019, 01:03:55 AM »

I would tend to think that LaPolice would go to Edmonton, and my reasoning for that is that Edmonton has a really good team--Harris as QB, CJ Gable, etc--and just need someone to tweak what is already there. BC and Ottawa would require more work; more from the ground up overhaul in which you can bring on more of your own people, but after having gone through that after we tried to get rid of all remnants of Mike Kelly, LaPolice has seen that it can be a difficult thing to try to right a sinking ship.

We'll see.
the paw

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2019, 01:22:51 AM »

I think Campbell is a!most certain to end up in Edmonton.  He and Sunderland know each other, he has had success with Harris, and he has that family connection to Edmonton.  Plus, I think Sunderland is more trustworthy than Hervey and the ownership is more stable.

Lapo is certain to get one of the other two jobs.  If I had to bet, I would say BC.  Apparently, Desjardin has interviewed Dinwiddie and Mark Kilam.  That suggests to me that Desjardin is not feeling terribly secure, and may be looking for an inexperienced fresh face that won't challenge him in the organization.

I don't think Maas gets hired to start the season.  He's not going to take an OC spot, he'll wait, knowing that Chamblin is on thin ice.

grab grass 'n growl
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2019, 05:08:17 PM »

Wow.  Shocked that all signs pointing to Campbell signing in BC and not Edmonton
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2019, 05:17:59 PM »

My gut felling is Lapo will be back once again. To many family ties here now.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2019, 06:56:14 PM »

Wow.  Shocked that all signs pointing to Campbell signing in BC and not Edmonton

TSN is saying that a news conference is set for 3PM PST to make an announcement assume this will be to announce Campbell as their next HC.
Norm W

« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2019, 07:05:32 PM »

Done deal... TSN is confirming as is the CFL.

No such thing as too much jet fuel in the tanks, unless your'e on fire Smiley
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: