Blue Bombers Forum
September 26, 2021, 06:12:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Arena Football League files for bankruptcy  (Read 4466 times)
GCn19

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2019, 06:25:07 PM »

Moe gets a lot of slack in my books.  Always one of my favorite players, a real team leader, huge force on and off-field.  His downfall was due to no fault of his own: badly-timed, near-career-ending injury.  The business of football can really suck sometimes.

He'll probably have to kick puppies and crush kittens on live TV (or put on a green jersey) before I'll abandon Moe.

P.S. The Legends football: does anyone know what channel Shaw carries it on, if at all?  Every time I travel to the USA it seems to be on late at night.  But I've never seen it in Winnipeg.  Not the best football, but it's mildly amusing!  Cheesy  I was shocked the first time I saw it how they really go after it!!

Watch the interview and you'll change your mind.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 09:08:15 PM »

I watched it back in September when it first aired. I'm not sure what he said that has you so worked up, though. And if memory serves, you seemed to understand and even appreciate Leggett's views back then - barely two months ago.

http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=52195.0

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2019, 06:07:24 AM »

If it's that same interview we talked about 2 months ago, meh, I'm fine with what he said.  He's a bit sour the way it all ended.  Life sucks.  He seemed to be trying to throw one of the coaches/coords under the bus in a roundabout way, but I'm not one to judge because he's the one living it first hand.  Hell, maybe he's right and we're wrong.  We'll see if he changes his tune now that the Bombers won it all.

He got dealt a crap hand and he's venting a bit.  I'll remember him as the on-field monster, or, when he was injured, the sideline one man rah rah band.  He was a great player for us.  If he gets a job with XFL or something, I'll be watching!

Never go full Rider!
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2019, 02:30:19 PM »

He seems like he'd make a good coach, IMO. He's got that natural leadership ability.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
blue newt

« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2019, 05:55:45 AM »

I'm in the crowd that still roots for Leggett.  I didn't hear anything in that interview that soured me enough to change my mind. I wish him all the best and feel bad the league is folding. He was as true blue Bomber as we could ask for. He was great for the team and the community.  He's one of the good guys, in my view. Surprised others are so sour on him.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2019, 06:58:12 AM »

He's one of the good guys, in my view. Surprised others are so sour on him.

Some fans turn fast... I love my favorite Bomber ex-players for the rest of their careers as long as they don't Henoch all over us.

Speaking of ex-players, I feel bad for Randle ending up on the OTT tire fire, and even then being demoted to ST or simply benched for a few games.  Not sure he'll get a spot in 2020.  Randle's another true blue guy who played his heart out for us for many years.  However, getting our current crop of DBs was pivotal in getting us over the GC hump.  What an amazing DB roster we ended up with!!  The DB spot seems the hardest to make a long career out of... get over 30 and that's basically it.

Never go full Rider!
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: