Blue Bombers Forum
February 01, 2023, 02:59:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bomber Grey Cup Rings  (Read 16934 times)
Stretch

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2020, 03:04:26 AM »

I'd have to look again. But it is still hard to make a selection when I don't know what I am getting 10% off of.

If you mean what price you're getting the discount off of, I'm pretty sure the prices shown are what the general public will have to pay so it's $10 off of that.

EDIT: The early discount (before June 30) was $10, not 10%. For the next couple of weeks (until July 14 I think) it's $5 off.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:25:19 PM by Stretch » Logged

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
Stretch

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2020, 06:26:00 PM »

Bumping to let everyone know that the rings are being revealed tomorrow night @ 7:30pm (not sure where/how, but this was announced on Twitter).

#giddy

BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2020, 07:06:59 PM »

They will be nice rings...
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2020, 07:33:16 PM »

The team will hold an exclusive media viewing of a 2019 Grey Cup Championship ring tomorrow at 7:45 pm CT as Stretch indicated.  Should be more on this following the media event.

You will also be able to follow on bluebombers.com
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:35:08 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2020, 03:26:38 PM »

Here is the Grey Cup ring and jewellery collection:

https://bluebombersring.com/

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2020, 04:46:23 PM »

They are nice but I?d lose it so fast on a game day! Are the replicas plastic?

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2020, 06:36:23 PM »

They are nice but I?d lose it so fast on a game day! Are the replicas plastic?

Metal as outlined in the description.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2020, 08:18:21 PM »

Metal as outlined in the description.
oh ya right thanks

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2020, 06:27:17 AM »

Wow the final rings as shown in the Baron video
https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/08/07/the-107th-grey-cup-rings-presented-by-mid-town-ford-baron-championship-rings/

are really nice.  They did a good job.  I still would have gone with tiny tiny sapphires making the "W", but maybe that would have been too problematic.  The sapphires representing GC wins was a great idea instead.  And love the sides of the ring!  Wow!  Great job with the white/yellow gold.

If I ever saw a real one of these for sale by a player (or ebay, or whatever), I might be tempted... what do official player-won GC rings usually go for these days?  Surely they trade hands sometimes as players pass on, etc.

Never go full Rider!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2020, 03:00:22 PM »

In case you did not see the reactions of our players when they saw the ring, take a look at the following link:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/08/07/grey-cup-rings-blue-bomber-players-view-ring-for-first-time/

TecnoGenius

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2020, 02:21:47 AM »

In case you did not see the reactions of our players when they saw the ring, take a look at the following link:

Awesome!  Love it.  All those guys deserve it.  What a team to remember.  Thanks guys, from the fans.

I didn't realize one side was made to look like "coming out of the [IGF] tunnel".  I need to take a closer look.

Never go full Rider!
Zach Schnitzer

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2020, 12:33:56 AM »

I just got my replica in the mail. Really nice piece and super impressed how the Bombers gave the opportunity for fans to get relatively inexpensive keepsake. Looks especially great In the display case.

#fortheW
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2020, 03:58:25 AM »

Wow the final rings as shown in the Baron video
https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/08/07/the-107th-grey-cup-rings-presented-by-mid-town-ford-baron-championship-rings/

are really nice.  They did a good job.  I still would have gone with tiny tiny sapphires making the "W", but maybe that would have been too problematic.  The sapphires representing GC wins was a great idea instead.  And love the sides of the ring!  Wow!  Great job with the white/yellow gold.

If I ever saw a real one of these for sale by a player (or ebay, or whatever), I might be tempted... what do official player-won GC rings usually go for these days?  Surely they trade hands sometimes as players pass on, etc.

Just "for example"......

Former Eskimo James Bell, who suffered a devastating spinal injury in 1987, eventually found himself in dire financial straits and sold his ring for US$5,700. Years later it was auctioned off online for $8,365.

Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2020, 02:21:40 PM »

I just got my replica in the mail. Really nice piece and super impressed how the Bombers gave the opportunity for fans to get relatively inexpensive keepsake. Looks especially great In the display case.

Did it come by registered mail, or did they just throw it your mail box? My Grandson's are apparently checking the mail box a number of times per day.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 02:25:35 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Stretch

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2020, 03:47:19 PM »

Did it come by registered mail, or did they just throw it your mail box? My Grandson's are apparently checking the mail box a number of times per day.

Mine came via regular mail in a box roughly 9.5"x 7.5"x 7.5" (got the ring and display case).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 05:25:55 PM by Stretch » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
  Print  

Jump to: