Blue Bombers Forum
February 01, 2023, 03:35:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blue Bomber Grey Cup Rings  (Read 16937 times)
In Motion

« on: November 26, 2019, 11:57:14 PM »

I'm sure our Bombers are looking forward to getting their rings. I saw the 1984 ring
that Kevin Neiles was wearing today, and it still looked fabulous. The rings nowadays
are so large, I don't even know if the guys can wear them comfortably.
You can see some of the Bomber ones here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=blue+bomber+grey+cup+rings&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiJ15_UlonmAhXjRt8KHc8QBNAQsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1024&bih=576

If you scroll down you can see Cal Murphy's 8 rings!!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 11:58:51 PM by In Motion » Logged
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2019, 12:16:36 AM »

After the game on Sunday I talked to former Bomber Paul Clatney in a restaurant. He wanted to send a picture of my Sean Salisbury jersey to Sean as he's still friends with him.

Anyways, Paul was wearing the 1988 ring and yeah it looked great but would look like a junior high class ring compared to what this year's team will receive.

Zach Schnitzer

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2019, 01:40:17 AM »

Honestly, I?ve seen some past replica Bomber rings for sale online. I will definitely be getting one if they make one for this year. My wife will kill me but I?ll wear it too! Anyone know of a reputable company that makes them?

#fortheW
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2019, 01:59:02 AM »

Curious  how pricey fan replica ones will be? Undecided

I would love one but not gonna be cheap!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 11:06:58 AM by GOLDMEMBER » Logged

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Zach Schnitzer

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2019, 03:11:46 AM »

On alibaba.com the old ones are $60 US

#fortheW
Stretch

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 01:03:39 PM »

I know they won't be done for a while, but it will be interesting to see:

A) The size of these rings
B) What kind of "story" they have (slogans, images, etc).

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2019, 01:52:04 PM »

hope the ring is not big as the Raptors'
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 02:19:45 PM »

The Raptors rings are crazy big. Nice looking, but crazy big.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Donny C

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 06:34:13 PM »

Curious  how pricey fan replica ones will be? Undecided

I would love one but not gonna be cheap!

Never knew you could buy such a thing! I will for sure, keep me posted with where.
CoryB

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2019, 07:11:13 PM »

Some guesses on elements it will have:

The W seems obvious. Lots of people in the parade yesterday were even flashing the two handed W sign.

The number 3. --> Three starting QBs this season, three road game wins in the playoffs to win the championship.

The colour white --> being the home team and opting to wear the "away" team jerserys from the previous two play off wins.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2019, 07:41:51 AM »

The number 3. --> Three starting QBs this season, three road game wins in the playoffs to win the championship.

Also, more 3 stuff:
AH33
33 points for the win
3 TDs (well, one was taken back)
Zach 3 weeks with the team before his first start (I do believe)

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2019, 07:44:52 AM »

Question that's always bugged me:

Do PR players get a ring?  IR?

Will deposed Gaitor get a ring?

Never go full Rider!
kkc60

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2019, 03:58:20 PM »

Question that's always bugged me:

Do PR players get a ring?  IR?

Will deposed Gaitor get a ring?

I think PR and IR players do, but I read somewhere that Gaitor will not get one. I'm pretty sure its up to the team
Donny C

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2019, 04:20:21 PM »

I think PR and IR players do, but I read somewhere that Gaitor will not get one. I'm pretty sure its up to the team

What a foolish move by Gaitor to not stay with the team until the end of the season!
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2019, 08:09:09 PM »

Practice roster players receive a ring but only active roster and injured players receive the 23 grand total playoff money for winning the cup.

pjrocksmb

#1D+ Hall is boss

« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 08:11:25 PM »

What a foolish move by Gaitor to not stay with the team until the end of the season!
Happy he wasn't a part of it after the way he behaved.  Decent player that just couldn't listen to change.

I don't follow the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
TecnoGenius

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2019, 03:42:54 AM »

Happy he wasn't a part of it after the way he behaved.  Decent player that just couldn't listen to change.

Every year we seem to have one of these.  I guess it's inevitable.  Last year it was Poop.  Year before that didn't someone go AWOL?

Overall, though, The Mafia puts together a great group of guys.

Never go full Rider!
GCn19

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2019, 12:44:17 PM »

Every year we seem to have one of these.  I guess it's inevitable.  Last year it was Poop.  Year before that didn't someone go AWOL?

Overall, though, The Mafia puts together a great group of guys.

It is extremely common for guys to leave in football. Every team deals with this situation on a yearly basis it seems. Guys can put their pride before their mind a lot of times, especially football players who are conditioned to have a lot of self confidence.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2019, 11:17:42 AM »

What's your handle going to change to now GCn19?  Wink Wink  Actually, come to think of it, it's perfect and truthful as it is!  But it's no longer a wish, now it's a reality.  Cheesy

Never go full Rider!
Zach Schnitzer

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2019, 11:31:22 AM »

Saw Wade at the social and asked him about replica rings. He said they usually go for around $400. He said the ones I was referring to on alibaba.com were Chinese knockoffs. I?d probably still buy a knockoff for $100 rather than an official replica for $400.

#fortheW
Donny C

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2019, 05:04:54 PM »

Saw Wade at the social and asked him about replica rings. He said they usually go for around $400. He said the ones I was referring to on alibaba.com were Chinese knockoffs. I?d probably still buy a knockoff for $100 rather than an official replica for $400.

1) What would be the difference between the 2 other than price?

2) What's the difference between the real ring and the $400 replica one?
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2019, 07:29:32 PM »

Hey dude nice to meet you yesterday!

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2019, 07:30:32 PM »

What's your handle going to change to now GCn19?  Wink Wink  Actually, come to think of it, it's perfect and truthful as it is!  But it's no longer a wish, now it's a reality.  Cheesy

yup got GCn20 now woohoo

Stretch

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2019, 07:50:04 PM »

2) What's the difference between the real ring and the $400 replica one?

Probably at least $10K.

Stretch

« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2020, 10:11:58 PM »

Cross reference link: http://forums.bluebombers.com/index.php?topic=52816.0

Donny C

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2020, 05:21:46 PM »

Can anyone tell me the major differences between the "Replica" rings and the "Fan," "Renown," "Paperweight, "Top Pendant" rings?
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2020, 03:23:11 AM »

Can anyone tell me the major differences between the "Replica" rings and the "Fan," "Renown," "Paperweight, "Top Pendant" rings?

Donny.....Don't have a lot of information yet but I'm told by Baron Champion Rings that details and prices will be available on July 1st, 2020, with buying open to the general public for Presale opportunities.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
Donny C

« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2020, 01:45:39 PM »

Donny.....Don't have a lot of information yet but I'm told by Baron Champion Rings that details and prices will be available on July 1st, 2020, with buying open to the general public for Presale opportunities.

When I click the pre-sale link, each of the types of rings have prices by them. (Are these pre-sale prices, or the prices that will be available to the general public?) I'd like to buy something, but hard to pre-sale buy when we are not sure what we are buying.
Stretch

« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2020, 03:23:43 PM »

When I click the pre-sale link, each of the types of rings have prices by them. (Are these pre-sale prices, or the prices that will be available to the general public?) I'd like to buy something, but hard to pre-sale buy when we are not sure what we are buying.

Did you not get the pre-sale discount code along with the link? It takes 10% off.

Donny C

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2020, 04:15:09 PM »

Did you not get the pre-sale discount code along with the link? It takes 10% off.

I'd have to look again. But it is still hard to make a selection when I don't know what I am getting 10% off of.
Stretch

« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2020, 03:04:26 AM »

I'd have to look again. But it is still hard to make a selection when I don't know what I am getting 10% off of.

If you mean what price you're getting the discount off of, I'm pretty sure the prices shown are what the general public will have to pay so it's $10 off of that.

EDIT: The early discount (before June 30) was $10, not 10%. For the next couple of weeks (until July 14 I think) it's $5 off.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:25:19 PM by Stretch » Logged

Stretch

« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2020, 06:26:00 PM »

Bumping to let everyone know that the rings are being revealed tomorrow night @ 7:30pm (not sure where/how, but this was announced on Twitter).

#giddy

BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2020, 07:06:59 PM »

They will be nice rings...
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2020, 07:33:16 PM »

The team will hold an exclusive media viewing of a 2019 Grey Cup Championship ring tomorrow at 7:45 pm CT as Stretch indicated.  Should be more on this following the media event.

You will also be able to follow on bluebombers.com
« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 03:35:08 PM by ModAdmin » Logged

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2020, 03:26:38 PM »

Here is the Grey Cup ring and jewellery collection:

https://bluebombersring.com/

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2020, 04:46:23 PM »

They are nice but I?d lose it so fast on a game day! Are the replicas plastic?

ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2020, 06:36:23 PM »

They are nice but I?d lose it so fast on a game day! Are the replicas plastic?

Metal as outlined in the description.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2020, 08:18:21 PM »

Metal as outlined in the description.
oh ya right thanks

TecnoGenius

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2020, 06:27:17 AM »

Wow the final rings as shown in the Baron video
https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/08/07/the-107th-grey-cup-rings-presented-by-mid-town-ford-baron-championship-rings/

are really nice.  They did a good job.  I still would have gone with tiny tiny sapphires making the "W", but maybe that would have been too problematic.  The sapphires representing GC wins was a great idea instead.  And love the sides of the ring!  Wow!  Great job with the white/yellow gold.

If I ever saw a real one of these for sale by a player (or ebay, or whatever), I might be tempted... what do official player-won GC rings usually go for these days?  Surely they trade hands sometimes as players pass on, etc.

Never go full Rider!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2020, 03:00:22 PM »

In case you did not see the reactions of our players when they saw the ring, take a look at the following link:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/08/07/grey-cup-rings-blue-bomber-players-view-ring-for-first-time/

TecnoGenius

« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2020, 02:21:47 AM »

In case you did not see the reactions of our players when they saw the ring, take a look at the following link:

Awesome!  Love it.  All those guys deserve it.  What a team to remember.  Thanks guys, from the fans.

I didn't realize one side was made to look like "coming out of the [IGF] tunnel".  I need to take a closer look.

Never go full Rider!
Zach Schnitzer

« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2020, 12:33:56 AM »

I just got my replica in the mail. Really nice piece and super impressed how the Bombers gave the opportunity for fans to get relatively inexpensive keepsake. Looks especially great In the display case.

#fortheW
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2020, 03:58:25 AM »

Wow the final rings as shown in the Baron video
https://www.bluebombers.com/2020/08/07/the-107th-grey-cup-rings-presented-by-mid-town-ford-baron-championship-rings/

are really nice.  They did a good job.  I still would have gone with tiny tiny sapphires making the "W", but maybe that would have been too problematic.  The sapphires representing GC wins was a great idea instead.  And love the sides of the ring!  Wow!  Great job with the white/yellow gold.

If I ever saw a real one of these for sale by a player (or ebay, or whatever), I might be tempted... what do official player-won GC rings usually go for these days?  Surely they trade hands sometimes as players pass on, etc.

Just "for example"......

Former Eskimo James Bell, who suffered a devastating spinal injury in 1987, eventually found himself in dire financial straits and sold his ring for US$5,700. Years later it was auctioned off online for $8,365.

Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2020, 02:21:40 PM »

I just got my replica in the mail. Really nice piece and super impressed how the Bombers gave the opportunity for fans to get relatively inexpensive keepsake. Looks especially great In the display case.

Did it come by registered mail, or did they just throw it your mail box? My Grandson's are apparently checking the mail box a number of times per day.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 02:25:35 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Stretch

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2020, 03:47:19 PM »

Did it come by registered mail, or did they just throw it your mail box? My Grandson's are apparently checking the mail box a number of times per day.

Mine came via regular mail in a box roughly 9.5"x 7.5"x 7.5" (got the ring and display case).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 05:25:55 PM by Stretch » Logged

Bluehawk

« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2020, 05:30:08 AM »

Was looking forward to getting one of the fan championship rings so i could wear it on occasion.  Disappointed to now see that the ring appears to not include the 11 blue stones representing the grey cup wins.
The replica ring has them so may just get that one and never wear it.  Anyone actually see the fan championship ring yet or notice the blue stones were not included?

I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....
TecnoGenius

« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2020, 07:08:24 AM »

Was looking forward to getting one of the fan championship rings so i could wear it on occasion.  Disappointed to now see that the ring appears to not include the 11 blue stones representing the grey cup wins.
The replica ring has them so may just get that one and never wear it.  Anyone actually see the fan championship ring yet or notice the blue stones were not included?

Yes, I noticed right away.  Plus the fans don't get the two-tone gold.  The larger sapphires were the costliest stones in the whole ring (small diamonds are actually cheap-ish), so I'm not surprised they left them out.

Even the $8k fan version doesn't have the sapphires or two-tone.  Which is ok with me because you can't have the fan version be identical to the real thing, as then how is it special for players?

Never go full Rider!
Bluehawk

« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2020, 05:56:50 PM »

The display replica has the blue stones.  Will settle for this one I guess....season tickets for close to 50 years...important to me as well for displaying the tribute to the cups won.
Agree the players should have a special ring and it is with real gold and diamonds.

I'd rather be a Bomber than a .....
Pigskin
Global Moderator

« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2020, 03:04:00 AM »

When I order our rings I asked my daughter if her boy's could each have a ring. She said no they could share one ring. However a few days later she said if you want to buy them each a ring you can. Today on the way home from the lake the boy's asked if we could stop at the mausoleum and visit with pop's which is my father. When I reached the mausoleum I was very surprised to see one of there GC rings in the display case with my mother and father. My father was a very big bomber and he would have been so happy to receive that ring.

bomber4life85

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2020, 08:39:48 PM »

Im not overly satisfied with the fan ring because its missing alot of nice elements the actual players GC ring has. But that players one.. GORGEOUS!!!
superfan

« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2020, 10:47:55 PM »

Is there a season ticket holder discount on the rings?
superfan

« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2020, 10:56:00 PM »

Ordered one of the fan rings. Does it really take 12 weeks to get?? Thats what the email said
TecnoGenius

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2020, 12:24:55 AM »

Ordered one of the fan rings. Does it really take 12 weeks to get?? Thats what the email said

If they're made on demand, when ordered, then I can believe 12 weeks.  They offer a lot of options and permutations, so I can see them not stocking many/any.

Never go full Rider!
blue_or_die

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2020, 11:10:37 AM »

When I order our rings I asked my daughter if her boy's could each have a ring. She said no they could share one ring. However a few days later she said if you want to buy them each a ring you can. Today on the way home from the lake the boy's asked if we could stop at the mausoleum and visit with pop's which is my father. When I reached the mausoleum I was very surprised to see one of there GC rings in the display case with my mother and father. My father was a very big bomber and he would have been so happy to receive that ring.

Nice story

Back2Back Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2020, 02:38:18 PM »

Regarding order processing time....replica rings are carried in inventory but if there is sizing involved it can take up to 12 weeks.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: