Blue Bombers Forum
September 21, 2021, 01:11:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre Game thread Blue Bomber at Stampeders Sunday November 10, 3:30 cst  (Read 19400 times)
Blitzer

« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2019, 07:36:52 AM »

So, we have people on the forum wanting to bet people on the forum that the Bombers will lose. How inspiring.

I agree with you. This thread started OK but then it's more crap from people who most likely never played 12 man football in their life. Why don't people get a life. It's too bad there's so many miserable SOB's on this site.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:19:03 AM by Blitzer » Logged
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2019, 01:43:56 PM »

I agree with you. This thread started OK but then it's more crap from people who most likely never played 12 man football in their life. Why don't people get a life. It's too bad there's so many miserable SOB's on this site.
Thread seems fine to me. Do not like it do not post on this thread!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pigskin

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2019, 04:28:07 PM »

All the threads on this board take a left turn sooner or later. The longer they go the more BS there is.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
GCn19

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2019, 04:35:41 PM »

Would have preferred Saskatchewan this weekend because I really don't think Fajardo could play this weekend and they are not good without him, but Calgary is a very winnable game (as we have demonstrated to be fact...not opinion).
The worse the weather, the more it plays into our hands.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Pigskin

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2019, 04:41:15 PM »

If the bomber put pressure on Bo, and play smart football there is no reason why we can't win this game. Bad penalties, and turnovers, are something we can not do.

Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2019, 04:42:55 PM »

It's really hard to go into Calgary and win a playoff game. The bye came at a good time for us. We've got a chance but I'd put the odds at somewhere between 20-30 percent.
Donny C

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2019, 04:50:16 PM »

I can?t help but think how we should be home a cooled in first place with 2 bye weeks to rest up injured guys, those 3 last second losses in Regina, Montreal and Toronto were the difference. We haven?t hosted a West Final since 19 freaking 72, and yes I realize we spent a lot of those years in the east. Now cuz we ****** away those 3 games we have travel to Calgary where we haven?t won a meaningful game there since 2002. Good times.

When was the last time WPG hosted a Finals game? (I know it was in the new stadium, but don't recall which year).
Blue In BC

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2019, 05:07:19 PM »

Which team is going to be the healthiest this weekend. Bombers will be better rested. Injury status may play a factor. Both teams have some significant players on their IR.

Calgary played their last game without Law and Metchie was injured during the game. Will either be able to play? If Metchie is out that's an advantage to our passing game.

Calgary / Bomber games are usually decided by which team makes the most mistakes with turnovers and penalties.

We need to play a clean close to error free game. It's something we're capable of doing. Calgary seldom out mistakes their opponents so we need our A game.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:08:55 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Stretch

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2019, 05:18:04 PM »

When was the last time WPG hosted a Finals game? (I know it was in the new stadium, but don't recall which year).

You're probably thinking of the 2017 West Semifinal (lost to Edmonton). The last time we hosted a Divisional final was 2011 at CanadInns when we were still in the East.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
blueraid

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2019, 05:24:36 PM »

Here's the key....pressure and more pressure on Bo Levi so he can't rear back and butcher us with his passing...The whole world knows he's not running...we have to find a way to flush him out of the pocket he likes to sit in and orchestrate a pin point passing game....We have to penetrate a very good O Line and that's key....Their running game is lacking and our D upfront will have no problem containing it....That's what we have to do defensively ...On offence it's time to open up the playbook...Collaros has had time to work with our receivers now and that should really open up the running game, with Harris pounding out the yardage...Cal. is very beatable....we've already proven that...If the field conditions are poor, I think it plays to our advantage....We have a very good chance at advancing....just have to put it all together and DO IT
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 05:28:54 PM by blueraid » Logged
Donny C

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2019, 06:13:01 PM »

Here's the key....pressure and more pressure on Bo Levi so he can't rear back and butcher us with his passing...The whole world knows he's not running...we have to find a way to flush him out of the pocket he likes to sit in and orchestrate a pin point passing game....We have to penetrate a very good O Line and that's key....Their running game is lacking and our D upfront will have no problem containing it....That's what we have to do defensively ...On offence it's time to open up the playbook...Collaros has had time to work with our receivers now and that should really open up the running game, with Harris pounding out the yardage...Cal. is very beatable....we've already proven that...If the field conditions are poor, I think it plays to our advantage....We have a very good chance at advancing....just have to put it all together and DO IT

Great idea.

The problem is (as Sanchez said this weekend), "Hall likes to play cover defense. WPG will have to find a way to get pressure with 4."
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2019, 08:12:25 PM »

Great idea.

The problem is (as Sanchez said this weekend), "Hall likes to play cover defense. WPG will have to find a way to get pressure with 4."
Some valid points....if Bighill was playing up to last years form he could be the X factor along with Jefferson....as he sometimes drops back into coverage and has made some key interceptions at times.   Either way someone needs to step up if we are going to try and contain BLM for long......

Happy to have been in Calgary for our 2019 Grey Cup victory!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2019, 08:21:36 PM »

Sorry I?m not as blind and annoying as 95% of your posts that spew positivity with your blue n gold covered glasses. You want to place a bet? I?ll bet you Bombers don?t win the cup once again this year? I know someone like you bleeds faith in this team and would take that bet.

Place bet no.  I picked cgy this week.

No reason to personally attack me here.  I call it like I see it.  I see us having a chance.  You are entitled to be negative about our chances and its if I remain positive.  Calgary will be our biggest challenge, we can beat them through.

So, we have people on the forum wanting to bet people on the forum that the Bombers will lose. How inspiring.

Yup, ridiculous

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
Ridermania

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2019, 08:29:28 PM »

Is Streveler back at practice?

Hope he is good to go!
Pigskin

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2019, 08:35:51 PM »

We don't start practicing until Wednesday. However I have heard that he was out of the walking boot.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 08:39:34 PM by Pigskin » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9
  Print  

Jump to: