Blue Bombers Forum
September 19, 2021, 01:07:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pre-game thread Winnipeg at Montreal  (Read 13016 times)
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2019, 11:24:41 PM »

I think if we win our last 3 home games, and the game against Regina, we finish first. The game against Montreal on Saturday would be a bonus.

I would rather win in Montreal and take a pressure off the Calgary and Rider games if I had my choice.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2019, 05:51:00 PM »

https://3downnation.com/2019/09/20/adams-says-stanback-is-the-superior-back-ahead-of-matchup-with-the-bombers/

Stanback the better tailback over Harris...? Did Adams suffer a concussion in Regina last week?

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
limodriver

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2019, 06:32:31 PM »

.....  and Bowman saying Harris should have gotten a longer suspension......   

I was feeling happy about the Al's turnaround this season, but now I hope the Bombers kick their a$$'s
Arm_Chair_Quarterback

Cheering from the United States

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2019, 07:39:32 PM »

I am noticing a trend being set by QB Chris Streveler. The lead rushers numbers are lower than under QB Matt Nichols. In fact, no one has rushed for more than 100 yard game with Strev running the offense. Don't get me wrong this has been a great thing. The results of the Bomber rushing attack have been impressive! I mean with the distribution of the ground yards and Strev threatening the other team defenses by just doing what he does with the pigskin.

Take a look the last four games:

YARDS         AH     AJ       CS               CARRIES     AH     AJ     CS
-----------------------------------------             ---------------------------------------
BC                73      25        29                BC               14      5        6    (Nichols played most of game)
EDM             89      --         95                EDM             13      --      14
SSK              --       98        65                SSK              --      12      11
SSK              --       75        70                SSK              --      16      11

I think AH doesn't get back to a 100 yard game until Nichols is starting again. For sure he must be frustrated at this point after failing the CFL drug policy and missing some games. And with the important and harder games coming up I think AH's numbers won't be like the first part of the season. 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2019, 07:42:36 PM by Arm_Chair_Quarterback » Logged
BomberPride

« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2019, 07:53:37 PM »

I mean with the distribution of the ground yards and Strev threatening the other team defenses by just doing what he does with the pigskin.

It's a two headed monster with both Harris and Strev.

I have no doubt Lapo will be generous with Harris taking the bulk of the ground work.

What is more gentle than water, yet who can control the raging flood?
NewBlue

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2019, 08:04:31 PM »

You know what would be funny?  With all this Harris talk and that's exactly what the Als are expecting...we come out and throw the ball deep & often!
buckzumhoff

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2019, 08:49:46 PM »

\Montreal is good against the run. Like to see Bombers take them, have Toronto win and make it interesting. They came very close to beating Saskatchewan, lost by 2, so they are good team. Harris needs to have a good game. Bombers win 29-24.
trapper

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2019, 09:06:03 PM »

2013 was indeed a season to forget. Banjo Bowl aside, anyway.

I will never forget 2013  Grin
trapper

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2019, 09:07:32 PM »

I don't think the Bombers should have any trouble against Montreal.  VA jr is still young at QB....and the defense can handle that.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2019, 09:29:26 PM »

.....  and Bowman saying Harris should have gotten a longer suspension......   

I was feeling happy about the Al's turnaround this season, but now I hope the Bombers kick their a$$'s

So do I.Like to see the bombers shut them up. BC is another team like s to talk at 2-10.
1chad

« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2019, 12:41:05 PM »

So do I.Like to see the bombers shut them up. BC is another team like s to talk at 2-10.

Bowman should know by now, it's just bulletin board material.  If he feels so strongly, why wasn't he beaking out about the others around the league?  Maybe he's bitter that the under the table payments from Kavis have stopped..... just sayin'
TBURGESS

« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2019, 02:07:39 PM »

Just Montreal trying to get into Harris' head. Hoping he gets too pumped up. Won't mean a thing after the first couple of sets of downs.

We win, we're tied with Hamilton for first overall. We lose and we're tied with the Stamps for first in the west. It's a should win game, but not a must win one.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2019, 03:29:46 PM »

Just Montreal trying to get into Harris' head. Hoping he gets too pumped up. Won't mean a thing after the first couple of sets of downs.

We win, we're tied with Hamilton for first overall. We lose and we're tied with the Stamps for first in the west. It's a should win game, but not a must win one.
I agree more with this. It definitely is a should win game. Especially after the bye and returning horses.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
J5V

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2019, 04:54:31 PM »

I agree more with this. It definitely is a should win game. Especially after the bye and returning horses.

Sorry GM and Tburg, I disagree. This is a must win for us. We already had our throw-away game against the Argos. We cannot afford to lose traction now. I'm expecting us to go undefeated the rest of the way. No mercy. Run the table, boys!

Go Bombers!
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2019, 05:57:28 PM »

Sorry GM and Tburg, I disagree. This is a must win for us. We already had our throw-away game against the Argos. We cannot afford to lose traction now. I'm expecting us to go undefeated the rest of the way. No mercy. Run the table, boys!
Hey I am not saying no dude. Yes I think we need first to win the west. But more important games coming up. We had 2 mistake filled halves. Yes.  Hopefully they learned from their East Coast issues today. I think Montreal is in fir a lotta pain and suffering for 3hours. Angry

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: