Blue Bombers Forum
December 03, 2021, 01:07:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pre-game thread Winnipeg at Montreal  (Read 14549 times)
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2019, 04:11:08 PM »

Luckily for us Matthews wasn't paying much attention at practice or team meetings...
I really would like to know what Matthews story really is and maybe we'll never know?   The coaches and players were so high on him in training camp and then he more or less disappeared on the field and then was injured.    His running style always gave the impression he was dogging it but he would still come up with the catch most of the time.   So what really happened to Matthews after training camp because our MODP wore his number the day we released him out of respect??   

Happy to have been in Calgary for our 2019 Grey Cup victory!
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2019, 04:19:55 PM »

Some good news:

As suspected, a few #Bombers players who have been working through injury are back practicing on Day 1 following the bye. Pat Neufeld the most notable, practicing with the team for the first time in 2019.

Jeffcoat, Demski, Whitehead, Speller also practicing. Matt Nichols is not.

From Bauming
GCn19

« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2019, 04:27:39 PM »

I really would like to know what Matthews story really is and maybe we'll never know?   The coaches and players were so high on him in training camp and then he more or less disappeared on the field and then was injured.    His running style always gave the impression he was dogging it but he would still come up with the catch most of the time.   So what really happened to Matthews after training camp because our MODP wore his number the day we released him out of respect??  

Coaching football for many years, let me offer up a theory based on what I've seen in the past. Not saying this is what happened, but given that we know their was some late night trouble...
In the past, I have seen guys who are very well liked in the dressing room that can negatively influence others. Matthews may have been that guy that talked others into staying for one or two more beers at the bar, or convincing them to go out when they really should have been studying the playbook, or been working out.
These aren't the worst offences in the world, and you can't really blame Matthews for what others do, but when you get a guy like that and he's not performing up to expectations the decision to cut bait on them can come quicker than normal.
Coaches, as a general rule hate negative influencers in their dressing room.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2019, 04:59:56 PM »

Mathews is gone...and will soon be distant memory of what ifs...whys and what happened...
Blue In BC

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2019, 05:22:39 PM »

I really would like to know what Matthews story really is and maybe we'll never know?   The coaches and players were so high on him in training camp and then he more or less disappeared on the field and then was injured.    His running style always gave the impression he was dogging it but he would still come up with the catch most of the time.   So what really happened to Matthews after training camp because our MODP wore his number the day we released him out of respect??  

Injuries including the stabbing may have hampered his effectiveness. New players were playing well so when Adams returned from his injury a decision needed to be made. That decision was to keep the younger players on the roster and save some SMS.

If there was more to it than that it doesn't really matter. Good to him and his career being able to continue in Montreal.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Blue In BC

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2019, 05:27:55 PM »

Some good news:

As suspected, a few #Bombers players who have been working through injury are back practicing on Day 1 following the bye. Pat Neufeld the most notable, practicing with the team for the first time in 2019.

Jeffcoat, Demski, Whitehead, Speller also practicing. Matt Nichols is not.

From Bauming

If I had to guess I think we'll see Speller back on the game day roster. He might not immediately be back starting but would replace Eli as the # 6 OL. Or he might be ready to resume playing at LG with Desjarlais back as # 6 OL.

Neufeld is going to need some game conditioning and practice for a week or two IMO but might be ready to return down the road. It gives us some depth options if and when it might be necessary.

Whether there is an expectation to start at LG down the road can only be a discussion topic until he actually gets activated.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 05:29:32 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2019, 05:36:48 PM »

Luckily for us Matthews wasn't paying much attention at practice or team meetings...

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
rubanski

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2019, 06:08:01 PM »

Love the GIF. That's my exact reaction to the "he's sharing or playbook with everyone!!" comments.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2019, 06:11:09 PM »

Per Ted Wyman on Twitter: O'Shea on RB Andrew Harris returning from two-game suspension for positive drug test. "He's pissed off. He's not in any mood to chat and he's not just gonna exchange pleasantries. He's angry. I'm sure that will turn into something productive for him."

Colour me excited to see #33 on Saturday. Grin

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
GCn19

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2019, 06:15:08 PM »

Per Ted Wyman on Twitter: O'Shea on RB Andrew Harris returning from two-game suspension for positive drug test. "He's pissed off. He's not in any mood to chat and he's not just gonna exchange pleasantries. He's angry. I'm sure that will turn into something productive for him."

Colour me excited to see #33 on Saturday. Grin

A highly motivated Andrew Harris will be scary. Henoc better eat his Wheaties this week.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2019, 06:45:50 PM »

From Ed Tait :

Mike O'Shea: both Jackson Jeffcoat and Pat Neufeld practised today, but still have one week left on the six-game injured list. #Bombers
The Zipp
Global Moderator

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2019, 06:47:09 PM »

It has been almost five weeks since Matt Nichols suffered an injury to his throwing arm. Mike O?Shea says it will be a week or two more before he?s able to provide another update on his quarterback?s health status.

From Bauming
Blue In BC

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2019, 07:45:31 PM »

From Ed Tait :

Mike O'Shea: both Jackson Jeffcoat and Pat Neufeld practised today, but still have one week left on the six-game injured list. #Bombers

That can't be correct with Neufeld. He's been on the 6 game IR for 12 games. He's eligible to return but probably needs an extra week to get back to game speed.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
66 Chevelle

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2019, 07:53:27 PM »

Love the GIF. That's my exact reaction to the "he's sharing or playbook with everyone!!" comments.

an opposing team's time would be better spent in the film room than trying to get inside info from a released player, especially if you're a coach or an assistant... it is truly laughable to think that there is anything to learn from a released player... hell, I'd go as far as sending him with our play book and it still wouldn't matter...

are you, as an opposing team, going to learn the entire Bomber play book and be able to decipher anything on the field during a game as to what we are actually going to do based upon our line up or formation?  and then, have everyone on your team also know and be able to adjust before the snap of the ball?

honestly, people need to think about this for a few minutes and think about all they would have to do to even have a clue as to how to defend against us... it just isn't possible to learn anything of value... seriously...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Knocker42

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2019, 07:59:28 PM »

That can't be correct with Neufeld. He's been on the 6 game IR for 12 games. He's eligible to return but probably needs an extra week to get back to game speed.
I think he was put back on the six-game list after his first six expired.  He may well need the week of practice but I do not think he's eligible to play yet, unless they take him off early.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: