Blue Bombers Forum
September 19, 2021, 12:01:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pre-game thread Winnipeg at Montreal  (Read 13010 times)
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2019, 08:05:51 PM »

That can't be correct with Neufeld. He's been on the 6 game IR for 12 games. He's eligible to return but probably needs an extra week to get back to game speed.

It is correct. Neufeld was on the 1-game injured list during week one. He moved to the 6-game after the bye but before our second game. That would mean this is his 6th game on the 2nd of two back-to-back 6-game designations.
Pigskin

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2019, 08:47:42 PM »

I am just glad he is finally practicing.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2019, 09:09:31 PM »

I think he was put back on the six-game list after his first six expired.  He may well need the week of practice but I do not think he's eligible to play yet, unless they take him off early.

Neufeld is eligible to play. Teams can take 2 players off the 6 game list with no SMS hit that have been on the 6 game for 7 games or more.

The team probably just didn't want to use one of the two early withdrawals on Neufleld. Question is, if they don't use it on him who would they use those on?

Whether he is ready to play is another question.

bomb squad

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2019, 10:33:17 PM »

Of some note anyways, is the Bombers can clinch a playoff berth with a win this Saturday.
blue girl

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2019, 11:09:50 PM »

It has been almost five weeks since Matt Nichols suffered an injury to his throwing arm. Mike O?Shea says it will be a week or two more before he?s able to provide another update on his quarterback?s health status.

From Bauming
This makes sense. He got injured against BC so that will be 5 weeks Thursday and Saturday will be 4 games after which I believe he can begin practicing with the team again.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2019, 03:44:34 AM »

Of some note anyways, is the Bombers can clinch a playoff berth with a win this Saturday.
Always good to get that over with ASAP.....the west is so tight now every game is just about a must win....for us to capture 1st in the west we need to win 4 or 5 and win the series with Calgary and the Riders.   I'm sure some have already crunched out the variables yet strange things can happen in the CFL!

Happy to have been in Calgary for our 2019 Grey Cup victory!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2019, 07:49:46 AM »

For me this is a "must win" game.  It's against an "easier" east team.  We're expected to win.  MTL is good enough that we won't take them lightly like we did TOR & HAM.

We must stay 1+ games ahead of CGYMust.  We've been 1-2 games ahead of everyone all year.  Must keep it that way.  Let CGY/SSK be the first to falter and lose; let them be in catch-up mode and feel the pressure.  We hold all the cards.

Andrew should be unstoppable, especially paired with Strev.  If we can improve our passing game from the BB -- and I think we will in spades! -- we should be well ahead by halftime.  Let's do this game the official '19 Bomber way: let's get up by 2 scores fast, and never let off the gas until 3:00 in the 4th.

I predict we kill them on ST, match their total yards on O, and have at least an ok D showing, with a big chance of a monster D showing.  MTL will get good O production in the air, we will limit Standback on the ground (but he'll do better than Powell) and we will pressure and frustrate Adams.  We should get 2+ picks and win the turnover battle.  Our run game will be something to behold.

Never go full Rider!
GCn19

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2019, 11:30:56 AM »

Montreal is a very strong team and they are at home. This game is no gimme.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2019, 11:48:27 AM »

Montreal is a very strong team and they are at home. This game is no gimme.

As we saw with that loss to the Argos, no game is a gimme. The Bombers can't really afford to lose this game, that's for sure.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2019, 12:48:00 PM »

As we saw with that loss to the Argos, no game is a gimme. The Bombers can't really afford to lose this game, that's for sure.
Calgary cannot afford to lose their game this week as well.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
bluengold204

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2019, 01:35:16 PM »

Calgary cannot afford to lose their game this week as well.

They have Bo back and play Toronto, anythings possible but I would bet they win.
Blue In BC

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2019, 01:42:37 PM »

Neufeld is eligible to play. Teams can take 2 players off the 6 game list with no SMS hit that have been on the 6 game for 7 games or more.

The team probably just didn't want to use one of the two early withdrawals on Neufleld. Question is, if they don't use it on him who would they use those on?

Whether he is ready to play is another question.

That clarifies things a bit. So he could be taken off this week as one of the early removed from 6 game IR but there isn't that urgency IMO.

I expect Speller to be ready this week.

Since this is game 13 I'm not sure using the week early is the greater of the issues involved at the moment.

OTOH, they added Rempel back to the AR from the 6 game IR after 1 week according to CFL.CA transactions? Glad his injury turned out to be less serious than thought earlier.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2019, 01:46:42 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2019, 03:03:11 PM »

They have Bo back and play Toronto, anythings possible but I would bet they win.
Me to but just saying. Stranger things have happened this year!

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
ichabod_crane

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2019, 08:05:07 PM »

4 (maybe even 3 depending on things play out with Calgary and Sask) wins out of 6 should probably grant the Bombers first place especially if they split with Calgary and beat Sask over there last 6 games as they then have the season series against both of them. So even if they should tie the Bombers in the standings they still get first place. Calgary and Sask still have a game vs each other too in Calgary.
Pigskin

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2019, 08:50:11 PM »

I think if we win our last 3 home games, and the game against Regina, we finish first. The game against Montreal on Saturday would be a bonus.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: