Blue Bombers Forum
December 02, 2021, 09:18:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pre-game thread Winnipeg at Montreal  (Read 14522 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2019, 05:55:54 PM »

Hopefully Jeffcoat is back too.

On paper he's eligible to start practicing this week. I'm not so sure they won't wait the extra game to save the SMS and give him that extra time to get back to game speed. The SMS hit might be worth saving to get that benefit.

There are several players on the 6 game IR that have been there longer than 6 games. Whether any have actually participated in practice yet I don't know. Some may be ready, close to ready or finished for the season.

I'd expect Demski to start this week. Whitehead and possibly Speller added as the # 6 OL pushing Eli to 1 game IR? A. Harris will be back. Maston may be healthy but wouldn't be an automatic add although he could be the 46th man.

Watching the day before game roster changes will be interesting this week with so many possible changes.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blue girl

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2019, 06:38:32 PM »

Montreal is a good team and can't be underestimated. I think that it will be close probably decided by a FG. But Andrew Harris is back and he'll be a man on a mission leading to a Bomber win.
buckzumhoff

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2019, 11:19:14 PM »

I think Montreal will be tough also .  Harris has to have a good game.   
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2019, 01:51:42 AM »

On paper he's eligible to start practicing this week. I'm not so sure they won't wait the extra game to save the SMS and give him that extra time to get back to game speed. The SMS hit might be worth saving to get that benefit.

There are several players on the 6 game IR that have been there longer than 6 games. Whether any have actually participated in practice yet I don't know. Some may be ready, close to ready or finished for the season.

I'd expect Demski to start this week. Whitehead and possibly Speller added as the # 6 OL pushing Eli to 1 game IR? A. Harris will be back. Maston may be healthy but wouldn't be an automatic add although he could be the 46th man.

Watching the day before game roster changes will be interesting this week with so many possible changes.
Yes we are all waiting with baited breath for Jeffcoat to return to his 2018 form!   We need to pressure VA big time in Montreal!

Happy to have been in Calgary for our 2019 Grey Cup victory!
J5V

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2019, 01:52:42 AM »

I foresee a 31-17 final score. Blue Bombers win.

Harris will be on a mission.
Jefferson will be Jefferson.
Rose will have another pick.
Bring the blitz Hall on these dudes!
Streveler comes out slinging a bit catching Als D off guard. Mixed in nicely with the run of course.
Grant and Whitehead will have a great day in the return game.

Limit the turnovers and penalties I cannot see how we lose useless we beat ourselves.

I like. I think we flex our muscle in this game and crush the Als.

Go Bombers!
Pigskin

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2019, 01:03:17 PM »

Montreal has a pretty decent D. Strv17 will have to protect the ball, and we mite have to have a little extra help with MR. Bowman. At 37 this guy is still a very good player that can bring the heat. A nice clean game should be enough to take home a road victory.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
GCn19

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2019, 01:18:21 PM »

Mathews giving them all of our playbook as we speak.....lol.....We should beat this club.....IF we don't.....certainly won't look good heading into the final stretch....

If Nichols was playing I might be a tiny bit concerned about Matthews giving a heads up, but Matthews won't know much about the Strev run O.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
GCn19

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2019, 01:20:48 PM »

If this game was in WPG I wouldn't even break a sweat about this game, however, the Montreal strip clubs make it tough to win over there.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2019, 01:50:28 PM »

If this game was in WPG I wouldn't even break a sweat about this game, however, the Montreal strip clubs make it tough to win over there.

They haven't lost there since 2015 and under this regime, they're 4-1 in Montreal.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2019, 02:16:34 PM »

They haven't lost there since 2015 and under this regime, they're 4-1 in Montreal.

I think it's safe to say this is the best team the Als. have fielded since 2015, Calvillo retired in 2014.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2019, 02:26:46 PM »

This is by far the best Als team in a long time, even possibly better than the end of the Calvillo years.  Bombers need to pick up where they left off in the BB and put this one down early.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2019, 02:52:29 PM »

I think it's safe to say this is the best team the Als. have fielded since 2015, Calvillo retired in 2014.

That's probably the case. But this Bombers team is pretty good, too. My point, though, was I don't think the night life in Montreal will afflict the road team this weekend; this regime seems to keep its soldiers in check. If the Bombers play their game and do it well, I expect a win.

Sidenote: the Bombers took both road games in Montreal in 2013, too. Those were their only road wins that season.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Stretch

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2019, 03:40:11 PM »

Sidenote: the Bombers took both road games in Montreal in 2013, too. Those were their only road wins that season.

And the only home game we won that year was the Banjo Bowl. That means Montreal fans saw us win in person more than Winnipeg fans.

Money is no object...especially when you have none.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2019, 03:51:49 PM »

And the only home game we won that year was the Banjo Bowl. That means Montreal fans saw us win in person more than Winnipeg fans.

2013 was indeed a season to forget. Banjo Bowl aside, anyway.

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
rubanski

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2019, 03:53:41 PM »

Luckily for us Matthews wasn't paying much attention at practice or team meetings...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: