Blue Bombers Forum
September 19, 2021, 12:32:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The pre-game thread Winnipeg at Montreal  (Read 13011 times)
Pigskin

« on: September 15, 2019, 03:09:06 AM »

Bombers D will have to control Adams and bring a lot of pressure. Special teams will have to be just that, special. Strv17 have play like he did against the Riders. Ball control, zero turnovers, and keep the penalties in check.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 09:57:28 AM »

I think we'll be good.  SSK DL was garbage tonight and they still beat MTL.  With our pressure we should have no trouble.  And Adams isn't nearly as good a scrambler as Fajardo.

MTL doesn't spread the ball around, so just cover Bray and Posey tight, loose on Lewis, and ignore (relatively) the others.  Our run D should have no trouble against Stanback.

MTL D is an interesting beast and I'm not sure how to read them yet.  What are they good at?  Nothing and everything?  They seem medium-good at it all.  I wish I could pick a weakness for them.  Probably the deep ball.  AH33 should have good success against them, too, but he has to be played at unexpected times, along with Strev's rush, so Muamba (and Levels) doesn't cheat up.

At least crowd noise isn't a thing in MTL!  If we can get our usual big lead by halftime we should be ok as MTL seems to get morale problems when things don't go their way.

Never go full Rider!
Blue In BC

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 01:27:08 PM »

West division is really tight at the moment. Every game we win keeps us ahead of the rest. Hopefully we get a few injured players back for the last 6 games. A few should be back this week.

Montreal is improving but they had a long way to go.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blueraid

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 01:31:48 PM »

Mathews giving them all of our playbook as we speak.....lol.....We should beat this club.....IF we don't.....certainly won't look good heading into the final stretch....
Jesse

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 01:41:44 PM »

West division is really tight at the moment. Every game we win keeps us ahead of the rest. Hopefully we get a few injured players back for the last 6 games. A few should be back this week.

Montreal is improving but they had a long way to go.

We did what we had to before the break. We won 2 out of 3 and now we find ourselves still leading the West.

But you're right, every win gives us that one game lead, any loss likely brings us down to a tie with Calgary.

We have to keep winning.

My wife is amazing!
pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 01:59:11 PM »

We will beat them.  Turnovers key.

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
24blue

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 02:04:14 PM »

I don`t forsee too much trouble against Mtl. With AH#33 back I think we`ll see a calm. cool. and collected Strevallar.
Lincoln Locomotive

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2019, 02:24:08 PM »

I foresee a tough road game and a close game decided late like the one against the Riders.   They have good receivers and a solid RB and a respectable D.   

Happy to have been in Calgary for our 2019 Grey Cup victory!
Blue In BC

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2019, 02:24:35 PM »

I expect a comfortable win. The only question is whether we are comfortable by half time or whether it takes until Q3.

Streveler will gain momentum on his passing game and we'll have A. Harris leading the way on the ground.

I would like to see less necessity for Streveler to run as much and risk injury. He'll need to run if necessary but I think that will be less needed this week.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Knocker42

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2019, 02:54:45 PM »

We will need to be at our best to beat Montreal at their barn.  While not a spectacular team, they are pretty solid and will punish errant passes. Hopefully Streveler can avoid same, but as usual, much will depend on the running game and Muamba will be glued to Harris all game.  Unfortunately, Streveler will need to run.

GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2019, 03:43:24 PM »

I foresee a 31-17 final score. Blue Bombers win.

Harris will be on a mission.
Jefferson will be Jefferson.
Rose will have another pick.
Bring the blitz Hall on these dudes!
Streveler comes out slinging a bit catching Als D off guard. Mixed in nicely with the run of course.
Grant and Whitehead will have a great day in the return game.

Limit the turnovers and penalties I cannot see how we lose useless we beat ourselves.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
northof30

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2019, 04:15:45 PM »

I foresee a 31-17 final score. Blue Bombers win.

Harris will be on a mission.
Jefferson will be Jefferson.
Rose will have another pick.
Bring the blitz Hall on these dudes!
Streveler comes out slinging a bit catching Als D off guard. Mixed in nicely with the run of course.
Grant and Whitehead will have a great day in the return game.

Limit the turnovers and penalties I cannot see how we lose useless we beat ourselves.

A good looking plan and hopefully it turns out that way. Obviously not a "must win" game but I see this as a very pivotal game for us given the remainder of the schedule.
Blue In BC

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2019, 04:27:20 PM »

R. Hall does need to realize that Adams passed for 350 yards in his last game. He didn't get as much pressure from the Riders as he will from our front 7. We'll sack him more than once and have him scrambling for his life.

HOWEVER. We can't give his receivers 10 yard cushions and allow the Als to get any advantage of field position and / or TOP.

The team that wins the turnover battle also needs to win field position and TOP to dominate.

Bombers are on a roll even with the recent injuries.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
dd

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2019, 05:18:37 PM »

We will need to be at our best to beat Montreal at their barn.  While not a spectacular team, they are pretty solid and will punish errant passes. Hopefully Streveler can avoid same, but as usual, much will depend on the running game and Muamba will be glued to Harris all game.  Unfortunately, Streveler will need to run.

Agree that we will have to be at our best to beat the Als...these aren't the Al's of the first of this season, they are very much improved, and hats off to Khari for that.

Muamba can be glued to Harris all he wants, as we'll use the run-option between Harris and Demski, mixed in with a WR jet, and Steveler can pull the ball in and run with it himself, which he will, and he will crush the D. What he did vs the Riders D was impressive. He was the hammer, and they were the nails!!!
Letsgobomberspodcast

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2019, 05:21:02 PM »

Hopefully Jeffcoat is back too.

#fortheW
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: