Blue Bombers Forum
June 17, 2021, 11:35:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: Matt Nichols injured and out for the rest of the season  (Read 74497 times)
Mick

« on: August 16, 2019, 02:22:08 AM »

Hope he's okay. As much as everyone talks bad about him I think we need him.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 10:39:29 PM by The Zipp » Logged
kronic

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2019, 02:29:20 AM »

Lol, we definitely need him. If he?s out for any length of time, and I fear he?ll be gone for at least a month, those ******** about Nichols are gonna find out exactly why he?s starting over Streveler.

edited at the request of the moderators
Mick

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2019, 02:31:15 AM »

I agree. I'm hoping it's nothing and hell be back next week.
DM83

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2019, 02:32:13 AM »

Yup ...gonna. Miss all those completions....yawn!
kronic

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2019, 02:36:20 AM »

I agree. I'm hoping it's nothing and hell be back next week.

I just hope it?s not a lengthy injury. The last thing we want this year is Nichols coming back at crunch time trying to work off the rust.

Oooops. My bad. That would be the SECOND last thing I?d want. The LAST thing I?d want is Streveler starting in October.

thunderNlightning

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2019, 02:45:10 AM »

He came off the field right in front of us and it really did not look good. He came off pointing at the medical staff immediately and couldn?t move his arm. If I had to guess, and it?s a guess and I?m no doctor I?d say a dislocated shoulder on his throwing arm which is not good.
kronic

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2019, 02:47:02 AM »

He came off the field right in front of us and it really did not look good. He came off pointing at the medical staff immediately and couldn?t move his arm. If I had to guess, and it?s a guess and I?m no doctor I?d say a dislocated shoulder on his throwing arm which is not good.

Dislocated shoulder is exactly what I thought. BUT, he looked better walking into the tunnel, so I?m trying to be optimistic.

Mick

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2019, 02:48:29 AM »

I dont think it's that serious. He wasnt supporting his arm and I saw him clenching his fist.
dd

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2019, 02:57:57 AM »

I m hoping he just jammed his shoulder and will be fine in a Week or so. I don?t think it was dislocated as he would have been in a lot more pain and he would have had to support it as it feels like your arms been ripped out of your body
BlueInCgy

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2019, 03:05:03 AM »

Watching him on tv heading to the locker room he was moving his fingers quite a bit and didn?t appear to be wincing.  Never even played a doctor on tv but if it was dislocated I don?t think he would have been able to do that.  Hoping it was just a jammed shoulder or even a funny bone issue, as he landed right on his elbow.
Mick

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 03:06:09 AM »

I agree with this. Dislocation would be alot of discomfort until put back into place. I think jammed aswell.
thunderNlightning

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 03:06:20 AM »

I m hoping he just jammed his shoulder and will be fine in a Week or so. I don?t think it was dislocated as he would have been in a lot more pain and he would have had to support it as it feels like your arms been ripped out of your body

That depends on the degree of separation. If it dislocated and popped right back in he can still move it. I?ve seen players get dislocated shoulders and move around after like nothing happened.
blue newt

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 03:17:07 AM »

That depends on the degree of separation. If it dislocated and popped right back in he can still move it. I?ve seen players get dislocated shoulders and move around after like nothing happened.

I keep thinking how long Mitchell has been out with a shoulder injury on a non-contact play.  Would absolutely suck if we lost Nichols for any similar length of time.  (Yes, I know they are probably different injuries, but it was something that when I saw it, I thought he might only lose a game or two, and I was definitely wrong).

I know people are high on Streveler, but I'm not confident he's ready yet.  If he does have to play next week, I hope he proves me wrong and blows us all away.
DM83

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2019, 04:08:21 AM »

Maybe a dislocated shoulder.  He didn't fall,on the cormer or edge of the shoulder which is typical,for a separation. Secondly, when he was walking off to the tunnel,he wasn't supporting it, which again is characteristic of  a separation.

It was hard to tell what part hit the ground, but it looked like he riled forward on it, if it was the shoulder.  Someone also mentioned may pen the forearm or wrist as he seemed to have that oart tucked under him.Huh

I had a QB who dislocated his shoulder.  Obviously painful initially, but fairly easy to be put back in place.  Our QB played without much time off.

The only problem is, it is easily dislocated again.  We strapped it, and if I remember correctly he was fine.  But....couldn't really tell.

Mick

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2019, 04:10:42 AM »

I just saw an injury update that speculated arm not shoulder. Questionable for Aug 23 but not ruled out.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 43
  Print  

Jump to: