Blue Bombers Forum
June 17, 2021, 11:32:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43
  Print  
Author Topic: Matt Nichols injured and out for the rest of the season  (Read 74496 times)
Bombers9256

« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2019, 04:27:15 AM »

That?s decent news. Where can we find this update?

#fortheW
Jesse

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2019, 04:27:33 AM »

I just saw an injury update that speculated arm not shoulder. Questionable for Aug 23 but not ruled out.

I doubt the team has shared anything.

We have zero information from which to speculate.

My wife is amazing!
Mick

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2019, 04:29:58 AM »

Wait and see. I hope I'm right.
Bombers9256

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2019, 04:34:06 AM »

I hope you?re right too but could you tell us where you saw this update?

#fortheW
booch

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2019, 05:19:18 AM »

Was not a dislocation...positive on that as having done it myself he would have been in extreme pain and wouldn't have had his arm in position he did walking off field.

Same with walking to dressing room..he would have had support for it..not walking normal flexing his hand..injury of some sort for sure but I bet at most he misses one game..if that
TecnoGenius

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2019, 05:51:25 AM »

I just saw an injury update that speculated arm not shoulder. Questionable for Aug 23 but not ruled out.

Not sure on the veracity, but if that's true, the "not ruled out" code from MOS always means the dude is out.

Same with walking to dressing room..he would have had support for it..not walking normal flexing his hand..injury of some sort for sure but I bet at most he misses one game..if that

I hope you're right booch!  When me, the kid and dad's bud were walking home from the game, that's the first we saw/heard (on a phone) about Nichols being out.  From where we sat you couldn't really see the Bomber bench much.  We didn't notice Nichols walking off.  But now I understand why Strev stayed in to take the knee...

When I found out I got slightly ill.  We've been so good because we have our #1 QB, and a very good one at that (as evidenced tonight).  What I've said is that if Nichols goes down for many games, we'll win half as many as we would with Nichols.  Strev is one of the best #2's you could hope for, but he's still a #2 (as evidenced by that dumb throw for an INT when he should have just gone down).  Strev's reads and passes just aren't up to Nichols spec.  However, he can still win with his drive, creativity, rushing, and sheer force of will.

There is one positive, though: all the "bench Nichols" guys will have to be quiet for evermore if Strev plays for 5-6 games and loses all of them... Don't think that's going to happen... but it could.  If Strev plays 5-6 and wins them all, then we have ourselves a different (and pleasant) problem!

Praying for Nichols' health!!

P.S. That injury is all on the OL, who looked nearly as porous as BC's tonight.  Not bad for 2 rookie NATs (1 with no start!) and only 2 IMP OL, but not good enough for "Bomber football" and our Nichols who needs a good OL.  I'm still eyeing that 3 IMP OL idea of mine if we can't get Speller or (better yet) Neuf back in pronto!!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 05:54:11 AM by TecnoGenius » Logged

Never go full Rider!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 10:55:36 AM »

Watching the play on TSN now... and there's one replay where you can see his shoulder doing really weird things when he's about down, and after he's down.  It goes up (behind his back) with the weight of the fall, then snaps down then snaps back up again.  It does all this in under a second.  Something unnatural is going on in there.

He is bracing for the fall with both arms out then supporting the full weight of him (175?) plus Lemon (225?), all on his 2 arms.  It almost would have been better if Lemon had gotten Nichols' arms down to his side and his head and chest take the fall.  No such luck.

If there's any silver lining, it's that Nichols doesn't seem to be in that much pain.  So no bones broken.

Never go full Rider!
Ridermania

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 11:18:59 AM »

Hope he's not out long term and is playing by the LDC & Banjo Bowl.

Mick

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2019, 11:34:46 AM »

I see 3downnation is reporting that an MRI is scheduled. If that's true probably not a good sign.
Jbombers

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2019, 12:02:46 PM »

At minimum it?s a 6 game. Anything less than that is wishful thinking honestly. Heal up quick Matt!
bowlerdude

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 12:08:36 PM »

I hope he's alright. I don't think it looked very good but hoping for the best.

Considering the quality of our upcoming schedule, this isn't where I would've wanted to see Streveler playing but we are a team with a strong running game, defense, and special teams. That all helps make a young QB's job easier. He's got the tools and coming into the season there's no way I'd have traded him for any of Fajardo, Adams, Arbuckle or Evans. They've all found some success and I see no reason Streveler can't too.
Blue In Edmonton

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2019, 12:10:37 PM »

I didn't know that so many medical doctors contribute to the forum. Likely disproportionate to all other professions and occupations.

Posting Live From Home

If we score more points than them, we will probably win.
wpg#1

My comfy chair. Signed by Milt !

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2019, 12:17:23 PM »

I didn't know that so many medical doctors contribute to the forum. Likely disproportionate to all other professions and occupations.

Well, you're forgetting the high number of football coaches, and actual QB's.

GO BLUE BOMBERS GO !
COOL BEANS !
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2019, 12:24:32 PM »

You never know with injuries, seemingly minor stuff can be severe and vice versa but I think he'll be okay. His reaction and the way he walked off the field leaves me optimistic. I'm not worried, yet.
Waffler

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2019, 12:32:12 PM »

I see 3downnation is reporting that an MRI is scheduled. If that's true probably not a good sign.

They have to have the MRI to know the extent of damage if any.  Could be precautionary. Could find something bad.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.  - Omar Khayyam

Jump to: