Blue Bombers Forum
September 17, 2021, 08:42:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 169301 times)
theaardvark

« Reply #555 on: August 22, 2019, 02:17:19 PM »

Nah... Loffler will be back.  Literally what else is he going to do?  He's still young.  Heck, maybe once he comes back after MTL drops him he might want to get back with WPG (cheap!) since we permit his cushy no-practice gig!

I do wish all the best to Loffler, as he was a stout player here that helped win us a bunch of games.  I'm perfectly happy with Hecht now though!

Boy, CFL or nothing?  Pretty sure most CFL players have exit strategies for their playing careers.  Pretty denigrating remark, really.   

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
kkc60

« Reply #556 on: August 22, 2019, 03:12:06 PM »

Boy, CFL or nothing?  Pretty sure most CFL players have exit strategies for their playing careers.  Pretty denigrating remark, really.   
Didn't you say something along the lines of "it's either this or flipping burgers" when TJ Thorpe requested his release? I cant remember your exact wording but you've implied in the past that its CFL or minimum wage entry jobs.

Quite hypocritical, I do say
Pigskin

« Reply #557 on: August 22, 2019, 03:57:59 PM »

Taylor will be fine if he decides to ends his football career tomorrow. He has a degree and he is a pretty smart young man.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
DM83

« Reply #558 on: August 23, 2019, 06:59:25 AM »

That's good.  What's his degree in?
Pigskin

« Reply #559 on: August 23, 2019, 05:05:01 PM »

Business.

DM83

« Reply #560 on: August 23, 2019, 05:08:49 PM »

That's a good one I guess.  Hopefully he has his mind set on something.
blue_gold_84

GC107 Champions!

« Reply #561 on: August 23, 2019, 05:33:10 PM »

Didn't you say something along the lines of "it's either this or flipping burgers" when TJ Thorpe requested his release? I cant remember your exact wording but you've implied in the past that its CFL or minimum wage entry jobs.

Quite hypocritical, I do say

The difference is Thorpe disrespected the WFC, so in Aardsy's mind it's fair game to crap on him. Roll Eyes

#forthew
#gotthew

No drought about it.
Still can't fix stupid. Can't quarantine it, either.
Pigskin

« Reply #562 on: August 23, 2019, 08:23:21 PM »

I think that most of the Canadian players do very well for themselves once the football careers are over. Many of these players know their football careers could be short, and they invest their money and work on their careers in the off season.

Blue In BC

« Reply #563 on: August 25, 2019, 09:00:23 PM »

Looks like the curtains have fallen in Vancouver and Toronto seasons. We're past the vet cut down dates so they can't trim older expensive players. NFL cuts are coming but SMS room may be needed which they don't have.

I suppose some teams might be interested in a short term rental of a couple of roster players due to injury.

I'd expect both those teams to be making moves. What that might look like I don't know but standing pat shouldn't be in the cards for either.

Ottawa might be in a similar boat and needing to make some changes. Als are moving past them in the standing. Another west crossover is probable to it's a now or never situation in the east.

Nothing the Lions do will help them in 2019 aside from possibly building hope for 2020.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #564 on: August 25, 2019, 09:16:44 PM »

Looks like the curtains have fallen in Vancouver and Toronto seasons. We're past the vet cut down dates so they can't trim older expensive players. NFL cuts are coming but SMS room may be needed which they don't have.

I suppose some teams might be interested in a short term rental of a couple of roster players due to injury.

I'd expect both those teams to be making moves. What that might look like I don't know but standing pat shouldn't be in the cards for either.

Ottawa might be in a similar boat and needing to make some changes. Als are moving past them in the standing. Another west crossover is probable to it's a now or never situation in the east.

Nothing the Lions do will help them in 2019 aside from possibly building hope for 2020.

Can't help but agree - I think the Lions biggest problem was the dollars they put out for Reilly. No dollars left to build the rest of the team to any extent. That and bringing in Claybrooks as their HC might be the number two issue. I don't think he was ready for a HC position. And some of his calls this year have been very questionable to say the least.

As for Toronto the lack of a quality QB has really hurt them. There is plenty of talent there but not sure Chamblin is the best choice as a HC but I would give him some time as he did have success in Saskatchewan.
Slimy Sculpin

« Reply #565 on: August 25, 2019, 09:18:48 PM »

That's a good one I guess.  Hopefully he has his mind set on something.

You guess? You certainly can be obtuse at times. By the way what's your degree in?
Blue In BC

« Reply #566 on: August 25, 2019, 09:50:26 PM »

Can't help but agree - I think the Lions biggest problem was the dollars they put out for Reilly. No dollars left to build the rest of the team to any extent. That and bringing in Claybrooks as their HC might be the number two issue. I don't think he was ready for a HC position. And some of his calls this year have been very questionable to say the least.

As for Toronto the lack of a quality QB has really hurt them. There is plenty of talent there but not sure Chamblin is the best choice as a HC but I would give him some time as he did have success in Saskatchewan.

There didn't seem to be a lot of choices for HC. O'Shea didn't look very good for a few years either.

Besides, with that roster we expected them not to be a very good team even before TC.

Can't blame that problem on the HC. Hervey is responsible for that.

I'm not a fan of the Argo QB's but MBT threw for 464 yards today and a 76.6% completion. Won TOP with 32:49.

As in Vancouver, there are several problems on their roster. Derel Walker made a nice reception for a TD but was their 5th leading receiver today. Not good for the highest paid receiver in the CFL.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Ridermania

« Reply #567 on: August 26, 2019, 12:29:11 AM »

I thought vet cut down date was right after Labour Day?
DM83

« Reply #568 on: August 26, 2019, 01:03:29 AM »

Yeah and Thompson is the most likely to be. Cut.  Of course it should be. Either of those other two has beens.
Blue In BC

« Reply #569 on: August 26, 2019, 02:20:33 PM »

I thought vet cut down date was right after Labour Day?

Seasons have been starting earlier and most teams have played 10 games. I know over on the Lionbackers site they mentioned it's too late for them in that regard.

Also the date is sooner for the longer term vets and shorter a bit for 3 year players etc.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: