Blue Bombers Forum
September 22, 2021, 10:56:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 170162 times)
kkc60

« Reply #510 on: August 16, 2019, 02:24:52 PM »

What to you do for a living? 28K is nothing to sneeze at, it buys a lot of diapers and baby shoes.
True. I'm moreso speaking in a cap comparison
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #511 on: August 16, 2019, 02:55:25 PM »

Spot on on everything.  Partially luck, partially never willing to go above his whisper price, partially foresight.  Walters won on Westerman, in direct contrast to Buono who lost on A.Harris.

Hate to hear this new bad news for Westerman, but I don't think I've heard his name regarding an on-field play more than once since he left WPG!!  That was, what, 4 years ago?  The teams who picked him up after he left here got royally screwed over by the football gods.

I did always like the guy, though, and he never caused a stir or fuss like Henoc did, so I wish JM all the best.

Westermann has only been gone 2 years, he played for the Bombers in 2017 and got traded by the Als. to Hamilton on July 22/18 as part of the Manziel trade.
Ridermania

« Reply #512 on: August 16, 2019, 03:22:07 PM »

Argos shopping star RB James Wilder Jr. | 3DownNation
https://3downnation.com
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #513 on: August 16, 2019, 03:24:24 PM »

could see the stamps taking a run at him...
BLUEBOMBER

« Reply #514 on: August 16, 2019, 03:44:52 PM »

I wouldn't touch wilder...
DM83

« Reply #515 on: August 16, 2019, 04:00:05 PM »

Wilder?
Him and Carter can play tag together.  His heart is as big as a lentil!
Jesse

« Reply #516 on: August 16, 2019, 08:30:10 PM »

I wouldn't touch wilder...

No team is dumb enough to give up anything for him.

My wife is amazing!
theaardvark

« Reply #517 on: August 16, 2019, 08:39:21 PM »

When TSN announces someone is being shopped, you can bet every team already knows, and no one has interest... now a fan base can get on board and create a demand, but I don't see Huff biting...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GOLDMEMBER

R.I.P. BLUE BONGER

« Reply #518 on: August 16, 2019, 08:43:21 PM »

When TSN announces someone is being shopped, you can bet every team already knows, and no one has interest... now a fan base can get on board and create a demand, but I don't see Huff biting...
0% chance Huff does a move like that. Completely not his way of doing things.

I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!
blue girl

« Reply #519 on: August 16, 2019, 10:05:09 PM »

No team is dumb enough to give up anything for him.
I agree. He's done nothing since his half good season after which he wanted more money.
dd

« Reply #520 on: August 17, 2019, 05:53:50 AM »

Bahahahaha!!! Good luck with that one!! From stud to dud with a bullet!!
TecnoGenius

« Reply #521 on: August 18, 2019, 03:07:30 AM »

Huff would bite in a second if JWJ would take ELC level money!  But Huff never overpays, so no chance given JWJ's "I am God" $$ expectations.

Can you imagine what JWJ would achieve in CGY's system, behind CGY's OL, this year?  I shudder to think.  Good thing it'll never happen.

Never go full Rider!
Ridermania

« Reply #522 on: August 20, 2019, 05:02:52 PM »

The B.C. Lions signed defensive lineman Jonathan Newsome.

Newsome was released by the Ottawa Redblacks on July 28.

The four-year veteran started his CFL career in Saskatchewan where he recorded 34 tackles and two sacks in 19 games.

He as cut by the Riders midway through the 2017 season, Newsome quickly joined Ottawa where he spent the past two years.
GCn19

« Reply #523 on: August 20, 2019, 06:10:43 PM »

I hate it when people high five their GM for not re-signing someone after they get injured on their new team like it was a stroke of genius or something. Not re-signing Westerman worked in our favor and that's great. Glad it did. However, at the end of the day this non-signing should not be hailed as a smart move by Walters. It should be labelled as a fortuitous move because that is how it turned out. There is no GM that makes decisions based on injuries that have not happened yet unless there is a significant injury history to consider.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
blue_or_die

« Reply #524 on: August 20, 2019, 06:42:24 PM »

I hate it when people high five their GM for not re-signing someone after they get injured on their new team like it was a stroke of genius or something. Not re-signing Westerman worked in our favor and that's great. Glad it did. However, at the end of the day this non-signing should not be hailed as a smart move by Walters. It should be labelled as a fortuitous move because that is how it turned out. There is no GM that makes decisions based on injuries that have not happened yet unless there is a significant injury history to consider.

Yes and no. If Westerman has become a non factor because he was injured and that injury made it so he was never the same, then I agree with you. But if his injury coincided with him also getting over the hill and simply not able to bounce back like a young and/or more athletic player would, then some credit can be given for foresight to that situation. Hard to say if there was any 'genius' involved in the decision to move on from him, or just luck that we didn't end up having to deal with the fallout. Since these things are extremely difficult to predict, I'd say it's more likely the latter, though.

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: