Blue Bombers Forum
September 17, 2021, 09:00:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 169325 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #465 on: August 12, 2019, 07:45:23 PM »

actually it's part of the extended analysis that I do after every Bomber game each week... I use a combination of the CFL published league stats for that week and the CFL Game Tracker for box score and play by play information for the current and past games...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
bowlerdude

« Reply #466 on: August 12, 2019, 07:46:27 PM »

My bad.  Didn't realize you were only counting half.  I enjoyed the math.  That's a pretty surprising #.  Sorry about the confusion.

I'm now interested in the average for all competitions minus yac.  Not something we normally see as a stat.

Last game, our average was 4.67 air yards (yards - yac) per completion... 84 air yards on 18 completions. We actually only had 3 air yards on the shortest 12 (two-thirds!) of our pass attempts completions.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 08:03:54 PM by bowlerdude » Logged
66 Chevelle

« Reply #467 on: August 12, 2019, 07:50:06 PM »

Last game, our average was 4.67 air yards (yards - yac) per completion... 84 air yards on 18 completions. We actually only had 3 air yards on the shortest 12 (two-thirds!) of our pass attempts.

I used the low hanging fruit, Harris' entire line and the shuffle pass that Whitey had for the long run... I had done the overall but didn't look at all of the catches individually, yet, lol..

thanks for the info though, interesting to say the least...

pjrocksmb

This is the CFL- support our league- Go Canada!

« Reply #468 on: August 12, 2019, 08:00:18 PM »

actually it's part of the extended analysis that I do after every Bomber game each week... I use a combination of the CFL published league stats for that week and the CFL Game Tracker for box score and play by play information for the current and past games...

Impressive!
Last game, our average was 4.67 air yards (yards - yac) per completion... 84 air yards on 18 completions. We actually only had 3 air yards on the shortest 12 (two-thirds!) of our pass attempts.
Thanks

I don't watch the No Fun League b/c I live in Canada and love the CFL
bowlerdude

« Reply #469 on: August 12, 2019, 08:03:26 PM »

for clarification, I wrote pass attempts but meant pass completions in the last sentence
pjrocksmb

« Reply #470 on: August 12, 2019, 08:05:50 PM »

for clarification, I wrote pass attempts but meant pass completions in the last sentence

I didn't notice lol

Ridermania

« Reply #471 on: August 12, 2019, 08:41:31 PM »

As per the REDBLACKS:
Released:
National wide receiver Julian Feoli-Gudino (Laval)

I think he will end up in Calgary.
theaardvark

« Reply #472 on: August 12, 2019, 08:42:48 PM »

JFG cut, eh?  Probably will get a sniff in MTL, they need Nat's / Recs

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #473 on: August 12, 2019, 08:46:00 PM »

As we approach vet cut down day, we'll see a few more deletions across the league.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blue newt

« Reply #474 on: August 12, 2019, 09:16:02 PM »

Last game, our average was 4.67 air yards (yards - yac) per completion... 84 air yards on 18 completions. We actually only had 3 air yards on the shortest 12 (two-thirds!) of our pass attempts completions.

I've got a question (genuinely curious here).  When they calculate the yardage of a throw, do they only look at forward yardage (Y axis yardage, not X axis)?  So, hypothetically, if a QB throws it 10 yards, but it's to the side and not downfield, does it count as 0 yards?  Second question, do they start counting the yards from where the QB is standing when he throws it, or from line of scrimmage?  (ie, if he's been pushed back from a collapsing pocket, and throws the ball from 20 yards back from scrimmage, and it's caught at the line of scrimmage, is that a 0 yard throw on the stats line?)

It's interesting to ponder...

66 Chevelle

« Reply #475 on: August 12, 2019, 09:30:06 PM »

I've got a question (genuinely curious here).  When they calculate the yardage of a throw, do they only look at forward yardage (Y axis yardage, not X axis)?  So, hypothetically, if a QB throws it 10 yards, but it's to the side and not downfield, does it count as 0 yards?  Second question, do they start counting the yards from where the QB is standing when he throws it, or from line of scrimmage?  (ie, if he's been pushed back from a collapsing pocket, and throws the ball from 20 yards back from scrimmage, and it's caught at the line of scrimmage, is that a 0 yard throw on the stats line?)

It's interesting to ponder...

all passing yards are calculated from the original line of scrimmage to the point a receiver is tackled...
passes throw behind the line of scrimmage, screen passes and shuffle passes, are still calculated for yardage the same way...
yards after the catch are calculated from the point the ball is caught and possession has occurred to the point that the receiver is tackled...
only vertical yards are calculated, QBs and receivers are not credited for vertical yards throw or actual length of pass from the QB to the receiver...

and in your scenario, yes, that would be a pass for 0 yards and 0 yards after the catch if tackled at the line of scrimmage...

kkc60

« Reply #476 on: August 12, 2019, 10:05:23 PM »

JFG cut, eh?  Probably will get a sniff in MTL, they need Nat's / Recs
I think BC.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #477 on: August 12, 2019, 10:06:57 PM »

I think BC.

it's not like BC couldn't use the help either...

TecnoGenius

« Reply #478 on: August 13, 2019, 01:36:43 AM »

As per the REDBLACKS:
Released:
National wide receiver Julian Feoli-Gudino (Laval)

His perpetual rail-fail and especially that botched kick return did him in.  If you don't catch that kick in OTT, you are gone the next day!   Grin  I bet their returners are sweating bullets back there waiting for the ball knowing they'll be fired... maybe that's why they keep making mistakes.

And who on earth puts JFG back for field a punt?  That's the dumbest idea I've ever heard.  Dude is built for punishing hits, not speed or agility.  It's almost like OTT wanted an excuse to fire him, "hey you, go back there and fail field this kick even though you've never done it before".

Not sure where JFG ends up, but teams who are short on NAT WRs and understand how to use him could do worse than picking him up.  I would put JFG in the slot and have him take the punishing clutch catches across the middle with everyone hitting him at speed.  That is what JFG is best at.  I would never, ever, have him go deeper than 20 yards, as he'll whiff on the catch every single time.

.33 of 1 yard is equal to 1 foot, or 12 inches...
I've got a question (genuinely curious here).  When they calculate the yardage of a throw, do they only look at forward yardage (Y axis yardage, not X axis)?

You beat me to it.  Saying Harris' catches are only 1 foot catches in disingenuous.  Nichols is still throwing 5-15 yard passes, it's just they are mostly lateral axis, or dumps after Nichols drops way back, or screens, etc.  Saying "1 foot!" without qualifying it makes it sound like every "pass" is a fly sweep shuttle for 1 "air foot", which is just not true.

If teams are stupid enough to not have a good defender (or 2) spy Harris all night, then they deserve to see our '17 Harris dump shoved down their throats.  Harris gets 5+ on each dump, and we're sitting pretty, and the opponent suffers until they learn they have to spy Harris (and open up our SBs for some action!).  Most teams this year know to spy Harris, but for some reason CGY thought they could just leave him in space.  Dumb move.

Never go full Rider!
pjrocksmb

« Reply #479 on: August 13, 2019, 01:42:59 AM »

You beat me to it.  Saying Harris' catches are only 1 foot catches in disingenuous.  Nichols is still throwing 5-15 yard passes, it's just they are mostly lateral axis, or dumps after Nichols drops way back, or screens, etc.  Saying "1 foot!" without qualifying it makes it sound like every "pass" is a fly sweep shuttle for 1 "air foot", which is just not true.

you make a good point here

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: