Blue Bombers Forum
September 22, 2021, 11:24:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 170187 times)
66 Chevelle

« Reply #345 on: July 03, 2019, 08:59:19 PM »

Don't root for him this week against us.

Root for our DL to sack him at will and force him into multiple int's and bad decisions.

yes, good point! lol...

I'll especially be rooting for him when he's up against other west opponents!

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
blue newt

« Reply #346 on: July 03, 2019, 09:18:45 PM »

yes, good point! lol...

That's the spirit!

I'm also happy to see him finding success with the RBs.  Just not this week  Wink
Blue In BC

« Reply #347 on: July 03, 2019, 09:33:27 PM »

yes, good point! lol...

So will I.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Ridermania

« Reply #348 on: July 03, 2019, 10:11:44 PM »

Toronto Argonauts have signed former Saskatchewan Roughriders defensive back Crezdon Butler.

The Riders released Butler among their final training camp cuts in 2019.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #349 on: July 03, 2019, 11:02:14 PM »

The Argos need help at all positions! They look like a disaster so far this year.
Blue In BC

« Reply #350 on: July 05, 2019, 04:22:06 PM »

Just added up the number of injuries on all the teams so far this season. 85 listed of which 46 are in the east and 39 in the west.

The Als show 12 in total and the Stamps have 14.

More will be added after last night's game with several players going down.

So far we have the 2nd least at 7 in total while BC is just showing 6 at the moment.

Tough season this early. 3 starting QB's already on the 6 game IR's of their team.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GCn19

« Reply #351 on: July 05, 2019, 04:24:10 PM »

Toronto Argonauts have signed former Saskatchewan Roughriders defensive back Crezdon Butler.

The Riders released Butler among their final training camp cuts in 2019.

Yikes....combing through Rider cuts. Sad state of affairs over in TO.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #352 on: July 05, 2019, 04:25:40 PM »

Just added up the number of injuries on all the teams so far this season. 85 listed of which 46 are in the east and 39 in the west.

The Als show 12 in total and the Stamps have 14.

More will be added after last night's game with several players going down.

So far we have the 2nd least at 7 in total while BC is just showing 6 at the moment.

Tough season this early. 3 starting QB's already on the 6 game IR's of their team.

That is an interesting stat - have to wonder if this is a normal number for this time of year - or a higher than usual number? Everyone has their thoughts on this - mine (being from the old school where we wore pads every dang day at practice at SMU) I think the time spent without pads is hurting the teams and creating more injuries when it comes to game time.  Just my opinion without any stats to back it up of course!
Blue In BC

« Reply #353 on: July 05, 2019, 04:35:18 PM »

That is an interesting stat - have to wonder if this is a normal number for this time of year - or a higher than usual number? Everyone has their thoughts on this - mine (being from the old school where we wore pads every dang day at practice at SMU) I think the time spent without pads is hurting the teams and creating more injuries when it comes to game time.  Just my opinion without any stats to back it up of course!

First of all. Whoops. I forgot to add in the Riders injuries to the totals. They have 14 players injured. They tie for the most with Calgary and Toronto.

I think you may be right with the limited TC times without pads and short pre season schedule.

I also think a few teams are just expanding their rosters by use of the 1 game IR's.

Again that's only my opinion in that regard but it's a feeling based on the number and specific players that hit the IR's right out of TC.

OTOH, there are some TOP players like BLM, Elimimian, Lokombo etc already on 6 game IR's.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
blue newt

« Reply #354 on: July 05, 2019, 04:58:45 PM »

First of all. Whoops. I forgot to add in the Riders injuries to the totals. They have 14 players injured. They tie for the most with Calgary and Toronto.

I think you may be right with the limited TC times without pads and short pre season schedule.

I also think a few teams are just expanding their rosters by use of the 1 game IR's.

Again that's only my opinion in that regard but it's a feeling based on the number and specific players that hit the IR's right out of TC.

OTOH, there are some TOP players like BLM, Elimimian, Lokombo etc already on 6 game IR's.

I feel like a lot of players were on the IR right out of the gate this year.  And how many are hiding there, versus injured?

For example, with the Bombers, Neufeld and Kongbo haven't yet played a snap this season.  And are Lawler and Bailey injured?  Or just not PR-ed?

The Bombers don't keep their injury report up-to-date on their website, though.  No mention of Oliveira or Bighill on it.  Anyone know a more reliable source for who's on the Bomber IR?
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #355 on: July 05, 2019, 05:23:09 PM »

I feel like a lot of players were on the IR right out of the gate this year.  And how many are hiding there, versus injured?

For example, with the Bombers, Neufeld and Kongbo haven't yet played a snap this season.  And are Lawler and Bailey injured?  Or just not PR-ed?

The Bombers don't keep their injury report up-to-date on their website, though.  No mention of Oliveira or Bighill on it.  Anyone know a more reliable source for who's on the Bomber IR?

I suppose this list should be official, usually transactions show up within 24 hrs.

https://www.cfl.ca/transactions/
Blue In BC

« Reply #356 on: July 05, 2019, 05:34:43 PM »

I suppose this list should be official, usually transactions show up within 24 hrs.

https://www.cfl.ca/transactions/

Except they never seem to be correct days and days later. Oliveria had a transaction shown going to IR but on the roster is still not adjusted. Ditto with Augustine move to AR.

Kongbo camp into TC and we knew he was injured and not able to participate, so that's definitely legit.

The story on Neufeld is not as obvious. I don't know if he got injured early in TC or came to camp with an off season injury of some sort.

I do seriously doubt Lawler and Bailey are actually injured. They were just parked there to keep them around and not sitting on the PR. IMO of course.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #357 on: July 05, 2019, 06:07:20 PM »

Except they never seem to be correct days and days later. Oliveria had a transaction shown going to IR but on the roster is still not adjusted. Ditto with Augustine move to AR.

Kongbo camp into TC and we knew he was injured and not able to participate, so that's definitely legit.

The story on Neufeld is not as obvious. I don't know if he got injured early in TC or came to camp with an off season injury of some sort.

I do seriously doubt Lawler and Bailey are actually injured. They were just parked there to keep them around and not sitting on the PR. IMO of course.

Counting 4 extra Import receivers including Nelson who does returns and Walker on the PR.  I can see keeping 2, somethins got to give.
blue newt

« Reply #358 on: July 05, 2019, 06:32:14 PM »

Counting 4 extra Import receivers including Nelson who does returns and Walker on the PR.  I can see keeping 2, somethins got to give.

Going into the season, I maybe thought that they didn't think the preseason was enough time to properly evaluate their receivers and decide which ones to keep, so they wanted to give all of them a longer trial period before making their minds.  I figured that every game or two, someone else would rotate in to show what they can do.  But unless Whitehead's production drops off a cliff, I can't see them rotating him out at this point to give someone else a chance to prove themselves.

It's good insurance for injuries, though.  Can't complain we don't have depth at receiver anymore!
Blue In BC

« Reply #359 on: July 05, 2019, 08:24:19 PM »

Going into the season, I maybe thought that they didn't think the preseason was enough time to properly evaluate their receivers and decide which ones to keep, so they wanted to give all of them a longer trial period before making their minds.  I figured that every game or two, someone else would rotate in to show what they can do.  But unless Whitehead's production drops off a cliff, I can't see them rotating him out at this point to give someone else a chance to prove themselves.

It's good insurance for injuries, though.  Can't complain we don't have depth at receiver anymore!

That's seems about right. Keeping 2 rookies on the 1 game IR doesn't cost an enormous amount and creates a longer evaluation.

If and when a larger number of injuries occur then 1 game IR costs may start adding up. At the moment we've been somewhat lucky not having to deal with significant roster changes.

Ottawa shows something like 7 players going off and others coming on for tonight's game.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: