Blue Bombers Forum
September 22, 2021, 10:10:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 170122 times)
rubanski

« Reply #330 on: July 02, 2019, 03:54:09 PM »

Scrap heap stamps all season long. I love it.
TecnoGenius

« Reply #331 on: July 03, 2019, 06:49:29 AM »

Scrap heap stamps all season long. I love it.

I don't know... If Fenner really is that bad, how worse off would we be if we had put Conteh in Fenner's spot and gain an IMP spot elsewhere (O guard maybe)?

Of course, that's assuming Fenner really is that bad that he's worse than a fairly inexperienced NAT.

Never go full Rider!
GCn19

« Reply #332 on: July 03, 2019, 12:18:12 PM »

I don't know... If Fenner really is that bad, how worse off would we be if we had put Conteh in Fenner's spot and gain an IMP spot elsewhere (O guard maybe)?

Of course, that's assuming Fenner really is that bad that he's worse than a fairly inexperienced NAT.

He got absolutely torched last game. Don't know if we have anything better or not, but I suspect any change won't be a downgrade.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #333 on: July 03, 2019, 12:29:06 PM »

Considering our Oline is pretty solid, and we don't have an Int OG on the roster, not sure any ratio change is necessary...

Fenner will work it out, he's a solid player.  If they put him to SAM and Rios comes in, might just be what we need... Or flip Gaitor and Fenner...

He got absolutely torched last game. Don't know if we have anything better or not, but I suspect any change won't be a downgrade.

He got targeted excessively, for sure.  Yet somehow did not get beat for a TD all game...   he had a bad game, Harris had a bad game, and we put up more points than they did.  Red zone has been our zone...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #334 on: July 03, 2019, 12:57:09 PM »

Considering our Oline is pretty solid, and we don't have an Int OG on the roster, not sure any ratio change is necessary...

Fenner will work it out, he's a solid player.  If they put him to SAM and Rios comes in, might just be what we need... Or flip Gaitor and Fenner...

He got targeted excessively, for sure.  Yet somehow did not get beat for a TD all game...   he had a bad game, Harris had a bad game, and we put up more points than they did.  Red zone has been our zone...

Fenner has had two bad games, not one. As someone mentioned he's a taller Roc Carmichael.

This week is another test to see if he improves his performance. Dom Davis throws deep a lot which is a concern for our secondary.

Whether Fenner succeeds we'll see soon enough but we may need to see Rios sooner this week if things go badly often or quickly.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
kkc60

« Reply #335 on: July 03, 2019, 01:28:54 PM »

He got targeted excessively, for sure.  Yet somehow did not get beat for a TD all game...   he had a bad game, Harris had a bad game, and we put up more points than they did.  Red zone has been our zone...
He is a solid SAM, not a solid player. A solid player wouldn't get sliced and diced like he is. Why move Gaitor from a position he has been solid at just to keep Fenner here? If Fenner was a better SAM than Gaitor, wouldn't they have started Fenner at SAM?

He didn't give up a TD, but he did against BC. And he will against other teams, because he simply is our weakest DB by far.

Are you seriously comparing Harris to Fenner? Youd rather do that than accept Fenner isn't a corner? Okay well here goes: Harris had a bad game. But he has shown to be a very good running back. Fenner has had 2 bad games. 2 games into a season. He has never been an established corner. This was the first time he has played corner since early on in college. They are not at all similar
theaardvark

« Reply #336 on: July 03, 2019, 01:44:04 PM »

So, with CGY mining the scrapheaps for parts, BLM is off for a second opinion... which rarely happens if the first opinion is favourable.  So, it looks like Arbuckle for the near future.  And Cozart backing up... Cozart?  Who is Cozart?

SSK is getting a gift this week... Fajardo vs. Arbuckle...  this is a pick'em test...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
booch

« Reply #337 on: July 03, 2019, 01:53:09 PM »

over the last year and a bit Arbuckle has showed very well...he's been there a while now so it's not like he is a newbie...Maybe he will pull a "fajardo" and have Suitor blowing kisses up his butt too hahaha

Arbuckle in my opinion has a wayyyy better skill set than Fajardo...as well as Wayyyy better coaching and team around him
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #338 on: July 03, 2019, 02:45:44 PM »

over the last year and a bit Arbuckle has showed very well...he's been there a while now so it's not like he is a newbie...Maybe he will pull a "fajardo" and have Suitor blowing kisses up his butt too hahaha

Arbuckle in my opinion has a wayyyy better skill set than Fajardo...as well as Wayyyy better coaching and team around him

The issue with Cgy is their D is not as formidable as the years past.
booch

« Reply #339 on: July 03, 2019, 03:16:02 PM »

but...better than T.O and at worst right now I think on par with Ottawa..so for Sask to win Fajardo has to pull another what i believe is exception...and not the norm game outta his butt...and doubt he will
66 Chevelle

« Reply #340 on: July 03, 2019, 05:50:34 PM »

hey, hey, hey now... it's only the 2nd game of the year... and didn't we win that game??? let's give Fenner a break here, geez...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Ridermania

« Reply #341 on: July 03, 2019, 06:12:20 PM »

Riders have signed Cdn. kicker Gabriel Ferraro.

https://3downnation.com/2019/07/03/riders-sign-canadian-kicker-gabriel-ferraro/
3rdand1.5

« Reply #342 on: July 03, 2019, 06:20:52 PM »

but...better than T.O and at worst right now I think on par with Ottawa..so for Sask to win Fajardo has to pull another what i believe is exception...and not the norm game outta his butt...and doubt he will

Yes weaker defences, but Fajardo looked really good.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #343 on: July 03, 2019, 06:32:30 PM »

the one I'm really interest in seeing how it all plays out for is Dom... because I'll be the first to admit, while here he didn't look to have the skill sets to be successful at the position... he had the arm talent but seemed to really have trouble reading the defenses and making decisions based upon his read...

however, this year he looks like a different player, at least so far... going to keep an eye on him and root for him as well...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Blue In BC

« Reply #344 on: July 03, 2019, 06:36:16 PM »

the one I'm really interest in seeing how it all plays out for is Dom... because I'll be the first to admit, while here he didn't look to have the skill sets to be successful at the position... he had the arm talent but seemed to really have trouble reading the defenses and making decisions based upon his read...

however, this year he looks like a different player, at least so far... going to keep an eye on him and root for him as well...

Don't root for him this week against us.

Root for our DL to sack him at will and force him into multiple int's and bad decisions.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: