Blue Bombers Forum
October 19, 2021, 01:31:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 174998 times)
Jesse

« Reply #255 on: June 27, 2019, 03:53:31 PM »

JSK, well this is what Walters knew in the off season.

Well, I feel like this is revisionist history, didn't we offer JSK a contract?

My wife is amazing!
GCn19

« Reply #256 on: June 27, 2019, 04:06:39 PM »

It's revisionist history. We tried and couldn't come to terms with JSK and let him go to greener pastures. His injury had very little to do with why he isn't here. JSK was a great player for us last year and earned his shot at bigger money. Saying that Walters is some kind of genius for letting him go is pure poppycock.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
theaardvark

« Reply #257 on: June 27, 2019, 04:09:43 PM »

We offered JSK a contract in line with what we thought the risk/benefit was.  He signed elsewhere for more.  Walters was comfortable with JSK at a certain level of investment, weighing in what he knew of his injury and his potential.  Yes, at the right price, we would have signed him.  The genius of the matter comes down to weighing the options, and making a prudent decision, which has borne out...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Jesse

« Reply #258 on: June 27, 2019, 04:20:49 PM »

We offered JSK a contract in line with what we thought the risk/benefit was.  He signed elsewhere for more.  Walters was comfortable with JSK at a certain level of investment, weighing in what he knew of his injury and his potential.  Yes, at the right price, we would have signed him.  The genius of the matter comes down to weighing the options, and making a prudent decision, which has borne out...

Nope.

We wanted him back. We thought he'd be healthy. We offered him a contract.

He signed for more somewhere else.

Multiple posters try to spout nonsense about Walters knew all along.

Complete crap.

My wife is amazing!
GCn19

« Reply #259 on: June 27, 2019, 04:40:38 PM »

There is no genius involved at all. JSK wanted more than we could give without sacrificing the money to fix some very glaring needs elsewhere. Call him a genius when his roster moves result in a Grey Cup. Until then he is doing what literally every single GM in the league is doing, making decisions on cost vs need. Letting good players walk is not the mark of a genius until it is proven that the money used elsewhere resulted in a better season.
One victory and you are trumpeting our offseason as genius...which it might be...however, there is absolutely no way of knowing that yet.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 04:42:32 PM by GCn18 » Logged

Pigskin

« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2019, 04:50:18 PM »

Tonight will tell us where we stand early in the year. EE can score and have a good D. A lot of questions will be answered tonight.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
theaardvark

« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2019, 04:55:23 PM »

Nope.

We wanted him back. We thought he'd be healthy. We offered him a contract.

He signed for more somewhere else.

Multiple posters try to spout nonsense about Walters knew all along.

Complete crap.

OK, how is it spouting nonsense about KW knowing there was a potential of the injury not being rehabbed in time to start the season, and structuring the offer accordingly, but you manage to post definitive knowledge that KW "thought he would be healthy"?  There was a factor weighed into the equation which we had better level of knowledge on (our medical staff was treating him) in making our decision how hard to pursue him...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2019, 05:21:59 PM »

OK, how is it spouting nonsense about KW knowing there was a potential of the injury not being rehabbed in time to start the season, and structuring the offer accordingly, but you manage to post definitive knowledge that KW "thought he would be healthy"?  There was a factor weighed into the equation which we had better level of knowledge on (our medical staff was treating him) in making our decision how hard to pursue him...

You are assuming that JSK's current injury is pre-existing. There is no evidence to support that. He went through camp and even played in preseason before this current stint on the 6 game and even if it was pre-existing so what?

What if he comes off the 6 game ends up playing 14 or 15 games for the Shmoes and racks up 80 tackles this year? Does that make Walters a genius? What if he plays half a year this year but next year has 100 tackles...is Walters still a genius? Such a stupid premise that because JSK is out for a couple games at the beginning of the season that KW is automatically a genius for letting him go.

I think Walters did the right thing letting him go, in fact I think it was the obvious thing, but not because he is some genius. Walters needed to free up cash to fix the fiasco that was our receiving corps. Something he has proven unable to do without FA spending. Letting JSK and Chungh walk is not a stroke of brilliance it is a result of needing to fix problem areas elsewhere because quite simply we were not talented enough in some areas to compete for the Grey Cup.

There is only one way to determine a GM's brilliance...championships. When/IF Walters delivers one I will say he is a brilliant GM. Until then...he is a GM that can field a competitive team which is a hair above average in this league. Walters still has a ton to prove before he should be labelled a genius.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 05:34:03 PM by GCn18 » Logged

BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #263 on: June 27, 2019, 06:07:00 PM »

Just saw on 3rd down that Taylor Loffler may have a torn ACL
blue_or_die

« Reply #264 on: June 27, 2019, 06:30:42 PM »

Just saw on 3rd down that Taylor Loffler may have a torn ACL

Yep. Walters had the foresight to bet on Loffler getting a torn ACL, which is why we didn't even try to offer him a contract.

#genius

107th Grey Cup champs and WE ARE LIT
GCn19

« Reply #265 on: June 27, 2019, 06:39:40 PM »

Yep. Walters had the foresight to bet on Loffler getting a torn ACL, which is why we didn't even try to offer him a contract.

#genius

#heknew

M.O.A.B.

« Reply #266 on: June 27, 2019, 06:54:54 PM »

i'll give Walters a call, maybe he know what's the winning lotto numbers this weekend. Roll Eyes

@ModAdmin can you PM me Mr.Walters contact #s?  Grin
Sir Blue and Gold

« Reply #267 on: June 27, 2019, 06:56:45 PM »

Tough break for Loffler. Is it the same knee? That would be the third time, wouldn't it?
66 Chevelle

« Reply #268 on: June 27, 2019, 07:27:51 PM »

#genius

#savant

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #269 on: June 27, 2019, 07:30:03 PM »

Can we please make it a standing point that we refrain from using the word "genius" in it's relation to football?  Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: