Blue Bombers Forum
September 22, 2021, 09:44:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 170097 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #210 on: June 26, 2019, 12:18:12 AM »

Lions moved Boyko to 1 game IR. Wouldn't surprise me if they start a rookie import on their OL. Injury may have forced that to some degree but so was the turnstile on their OL overall.

Just what they needed with playing the Stamps this week. 0 - 3 is on the horizon I think.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
TecnoGenius

« Reply #211 on: June 26, 2019, 05:15:04 AM »

Wilson had more than one thing over JSK this offseason.  He was under contract, he was healthy, and he played well ending the season. 
[...]
So, KW wasn't dumb or cheap in keeping Wilson... he was prudent.  And it is paying off.

I rewatched most of the WPG@BC game and Wilson was actually outstanding!  They were clearly trying to pick on him for his side to run and short pass.  They steered away from Bighill every play.

But Wilson made every play, had hustle, had good ball sense and foresight.  In Q1 especially he was tested at least 3 times where he made huge stops or got the tackle done when the others didn't.  However, those were boring run plays stopped for around 0 yards so people don't really notice (I didn't on first viewing).  I credit Wilson's surprise effectiveness for BCs decision to abandon the run.

There's one play where it's just him and the RB near the LOS and RB makes a move and Wilson guesses wrong, half-falls down, RB runs past and Wilson pivots half-fallen and jumps up and makes the tackle from behind.  I was seriously impressed.

He seems much quicker, faster reflexes, faster legs, and maybe a bit smarter than JSK.  JSK seemed bigger, more powerful, more violence.  So different WILL style, but I think it can really work for us, especially if he improves under Biggie.

Just like Hecht, I like what I see so far!!  I bet you MOS is sitting there in the film room smiling too...

Never go full Rider!
ModAdmin
Administrator

Blue Bombers and Fans

« Reply #212 on: June 26, 2019, 01:14:56 PM »

Player's name has not been released yet but...

CFL Football Operations
‏Verified account @CFLFootballOps

There will be a Supplemental Draft tomorrow morning (June 26) featuring one eligible player. For those unclear, the Supplemental draft features players who were not declared Nationals in time for the CFL Draft that takes place in May.

"You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one." - John Wooden
kkc60

« Reply #213 on: June 26, 2019, 01:25:29 PM »

Player's name has not been released yet but...

CFL Football Operations
‏Verified account @CFLFootballOps

There will be a Supplemental Draft tomorrow morning (June 26) featuring one eligible player. For those unclear, the Supplemental draft features players who were not declared Nationals in time for the CFL Draft that takes place in May.

https://3downnation.com/2019/06/25/everything-you-need-to-know-about-wednesdays-supplemental-draft/
Blue In BC

« Reply #214 on: June 26, 2019, 01:41:55 PM »

I rewatched most of the WPG@BC game and Wilson was actually outstanding!  They were clearly trying to pick on him for his side to run and short pass.  They steered away from Bighill every play.

But Wilson made every play, had hustle, had good ball sense and foresight.  In Q1 especially he was tested at least 3 times where he made huge stops or got the tackle done when the others didn't.  However, those were boring run plays stopped for around 0 yards so people don't really notice (I didn't on first viewing).  I credit Wilson's surprise effectiveness for BCs decision to abandon the run.

There's one play where it's just him and the RB near the LOS and RB makes a move and Wilson guesses wrong, half-falls down, RB runs past and Wilson pivots half-fallen and jumps up and makes the tackle from behind.  I was seriously impressed.

He seems much quicker, faster reflexes, faster legs, and maybe a bit smarter than JSK.  JSK seemed bigger, more powerful, more violence.  So different WILL style, but I think it can really work for us, especially if he improves under Biggie.

Just like Hecht, I like what I see so far!!  I bet you MOS is sitting there in the film room smiling too...

I re-watched the game as well and didn't directly see what you saw. I wasn't specifically watching Wilson as you may have been. However I think you may be correct in your assessment.

Wilson only had 3 tackles and one was on the chase far down the sidelines after 2 of our DB's collided. I did see the take down for a short or no gain after slipping that you mentioned.

I did generally conclude that the Lions were purposely not running or throwing at Wilson or running at Bighill.

In effect that's the best defensive play when offenses don't go in your area.

It was 1 game but I think so far so good.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 01:44:31 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #215 on: June 26, 2019, 01:57:58 PM »

I hope we offer our first rounder, we won't get him, but it forces EDM, TOR or BC to use their first...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #216 on: June 26, 2019, 02:01:54 PM »

I hope we offer our first rounder, we won't get him, but it forces EDM, TOR or BC to use their first...

Not a bad idea. I wonder how many teams are already in cap he** at the moment.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
kkc60

« Reply #217 on: June 26, 2019, 02:02:53 PM »

I don't. That's a dumb risk to take
booch

« Reply #218 on: June 26, 2019, 02:06:22 PM »

I don't think so...if we get him then it's just another bee in the hive for us...and good chance for the 2020 draft we will be picking around 8th or 9th anyway so any sure fire top 3-4 prospect will be gone anyway
Blue In BC

« Reply #219 on: June 26, 2019, 02:09:04 PM »

Not really. If we do as well as we expect in 2019 our 1st round 2020 pick may be the 8th or 9th pick for a player that might be a top 3 choice. Top Canadian OL are gold.

Acquiring him might give us a trade option for Neufeld.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #220 on: June 26, 2019, 02:09:57 PM »

What?  Risk?  You mean we might get stuck with a quality Olineman who is game ready after playing in the AAF and exhausting his NFL window?  24 years old and a C?  

Yeah, lets hope we don't get stuck with that... our first rounder next year is going to be 8 or 9 at best, this way we get a player a year early as well...

No way it gets left at our pick, EDM, TOR or BC... heck HAM might even bid...

But bidding makes one of them use thier first, and takes MTL out of the running... the Manzeil trade mucks them up again...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #221 on: June 26, 2019, 02:14:55 PM »

I would like to know if this guy has potential to play OG or not. If he is purely a C then I say we only go as high as our 2nd rounder. I would think, with or without us, it is going to take a 1st rounder to get him. Multiple teams will bid their 1st round pick.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
Blue In BC

« Reply #222 on: June 26, 2019, 02:17:23 PM »

I would like to know if this guy has potential to play OG or not. If he is purely a C then I say we only go as high as our 2nd rounder. I would think, with or without us, it is going to take a 1st rounder to get him. Multiple teams will bid their 1st round pick.

Obviously if he is capable of playing multiple positions that increases his value. OTOH I'm not entirely sold on Couture as the long term solution.

What the coaching assessments are on our 3 interior OL + Desjarlais and Eli comes into play as well.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 02:20:09 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
theaardvark

« Reply #223 on: June 26, 2019, 02:22:54 PM »

I'm not sure I've ever heard of an OC that can't slide out to OG... OG's that can play OC are not as common... but 6'2 288 doesn't sound like he lacks the size to play OG...

I think the deciding factor about whether we win or lose if we land him is if he has a nasty streak and fits into the O'Shea style...
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 02:38:34 PM by theaardvark » Logged

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #224 on: June 26, 2019, 02:48:31 PM »

Not really. If we do as well as we expect in 2019 our 1st round 2020 pick may be the 8th or 9th pick for a player that might be a top 3 choice. Top Canadian OL are gold.

Acquiring him might give us a trade option for Neufeld.

They're already at that point, adding another body just muddies the water.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: