Blue Bombers Forum
October 26, 2021, 08:37:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 175904 times)
Blue In BC

« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2019, 04:33:02 PM »

The only fit for on this team, is a backup to Demski and it will be related the Bombers plan with Petermann.

Coombs is more like Demski than Petermann in that he's a player that somewhat will be able to utilize his RB skills. Sweeps and short passes which are essentially run plays.

I see Petermann more as a SB type getting the majority of his passes over the LOS. That's not a bad thing but I don't see him used the same way Demski or Coombs might be used.

That's not a pitch to sign Coombs. I want to see what Augustine and Oliveria bring to the table.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Pigskin

« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2019, 04:44:11 PM »

Coombs is Johnny Sears 2.0. Walking band aid.

Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.
theaardvark

« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2019, 04:46:51 PM »

Coombs is more like Demski than Petermann in that he's a player that somewhat will be able to utilize his RB skills. Sweeps and short passes which are essentially run plays.

I see Petermann more as a SB type getting the majority of his passes over the LOS. That's not a bad thing but I don't see him used the same way Demski or Coombs might be used.

That's not a pitch to sign Coombs. I want to see what Augustine and Oliveria bring to the table.

I'm thinking this is Augustine's last chance to "show what he's got".  Love the kid, love what he brings, but I'm not sure he can stand up to the competition...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Blue In BC

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2019, 04:56:17 PM »

I'm thinking this is Augustine's last chance to "show what he's got".  Love the kid, love what he brings, but I'm not sure he can stand up to the competition...

True enough. Augustine might really need to have a good game on Friday to keep a spot on the AR. I'm not sure we have room for 3 RB's on the roster.

He'll have to show some talent on ST's to beat out some challengers.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2019, 05:41:42 PM »

True enough. Augustine might really need to have a good game on Friday to keep a spot on the AR. I'm not sure we have room for 3 RB's on the roster.

He'll have to show some talent on ST's to beat out some challengers.

They did last season but I believe Augustine spent much of the season on the PR.  Oliveira can take over from LaFrance at FB and they can groom him to eventually replace Harris, but I'm not sure he has the foot speed to match Augustine.  The curse of living in the shadow of Harris.
blue girl

« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2019, 07:41:00 PM »

A couple of years ago I'd have loved to have Coombs but he's had too many injuries. Pass.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2019, 07:54:14 PM »

I agree. I wonder if coach isn't sold on either, but Jennings has more likelihood of long term success if he's not named the starter right off the hop.

I think that it's Jennings history of erratic peformance, good today, bad tomorrow, that is giving Dom the edge... they probably figure that they know they have Jennings so throw Dom out there and see what he can do if put into that position... they are a bit of a work in progress at this point now anyway since they lost Harris...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
66 Chevelle

« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2019, 07:59:20 PM »

running back skills? he's averaged 3.6 yards per GAME over 5 seasons...

I agree though, I see Augustine or Oliveria  as a better option, especially since they are already Bombers... but I think that Petermann could play that hybrid position in the slot with his size and build, seems able to shed at least initial contact from a defender...

Blue In BC

« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2019, 08:06:13 PM »

I agree though, I see Augustine or Oliveria  as a better option, especially since they are already Bombers... but I think that Petermann could play that hybrid position in the slot with his size and build, seems able to shed at least initial contact from a defender...

Did you read what I said? More of a short pass receiver behind the LOS as a safety value type player. Not a player you might see further down field in the normal sense of a receiver.

2019 Grey Cup Champions
66 Chevelle

« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2019, 08:11:46 PM »

Did you read what I said? More of a short pass receiver behind the LOS as a safety value type player. Not a player you might see further down field in the normal sense of a receiver.

Did you read what I said? I agreed with you in your overall assessment... I just pointed out that I don't think he's shown much RB skill for him to utilize...

Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2019, 08:38:35 PM »

Petermann would be better suited to Dressler's SB role than Demski's, I haven't seen any sign of RB skills other than determination.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2019, 09:19:03 PM »

Petermann would be better suited to Dressler's SB role than Demski's, I haven't seen any sign of RB skills other than determination.

I don't know, Dressler's route running ability and the way he stays in the play to get open when things are breaking down makes him harder to replace/duplicate in my mind... Petermann has the speed, maybe those other 'Dressler type' attributes can come in time for Petermann as well...

gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2019, 09:41:08 PM »

I think the Bombers are hoping Whitehead can fill part of the void left by Dressler. If he makes it as a DI I could see him coming in for some sweep plays but also act as a decoy.

Blue In BC

« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2019, 09:46:53 PM »

Did you read what I said? I agreed with you in your overall assessment... I just pointed out that I don't think he's shown much RB skill for him to utilize...

I did. However a player that was a RB in college is more elusive with running style than a receiver might be. He might also not be as easy to knock down with 1st contact.

Coming into the pros he might not be up to standards as an actual  RB ( import ) that probably played against better talent. He did average about 7.4 yards in 2013 in university. Like any RB he needs more than 3 or 4 caries a game to have any success.

He did have a 107 yard run in 2013.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 09:55:14 PM by Blue In BC » Logged

2019 Grey Cup Champions
kkc60

« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2019, 10:17:18 PM »

Coombs is unnecessary. All he does is lessen the chances we ever see what Simonise and Petermann can do
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: