Blue Bombers Forum
October 24, 2021, 08:56:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 175656 times)
Throw Long Bannatyne

« Reply #270 on: June 27, 2019, 07:30:42 PM »

#savant

That ones okay.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 07:32:19 PM by Throw Long Bannatyne » Logged
BlueInCgy

« Reply #271 on: June 27, 2019, 07:39:20 PM »

The amount of high fiving and back slapping for a 1-0 team is almost too much homerism for me to take.

JSK and Loffler are good players, and the market paid what it would bear for them.  I never understand why players become "no good" when someone else pays more for them.  It's a very finite career life, very few players win at the long game when it comes to salary, so when somebody offers you 10K more per season, you take it.
bowlerdude

« Reply #272 on: June 27, 2019, 07:40:40 PM »

Tough break for Loffler. Is it the same knee? That would be the third time, wouldn't it?

yeah, he's torn his right ACL twice among various other injuries... not sure if this one is the same knee or not. He's been pretty banged up throughout his career besides managing to stay relatively healthy with us... tough one for him
gobombersgo
Global Moderator

« Reply #273 on: June 27, 2019, 07:51:39 PM »

I wonder if Loffler has been practicing regularly for the Als and if he hurt himself in a game or at practice.

You'd think 3downNation could do a little investigation instead of just repeating tweets from other people.

BBRT

If winning isn't everything,why do they keep score

« Reply #274 on: June 27, 2019, 08:43:45 PM »

Can we please make it a standing point that we refrain from using the word "genius" in it's relation to football?  Roll Eyes

Or the Apple Genius Bar!
Blue In BC

« Reply #275 on: June 27, 2019, 08:52:51 PM »

yeah, he's torn his right ACL twice among various other injuries... not sure if this one is the same knee or not. He's been pretty banged up throughout his career besides managing to stay relatively healthy with us... tough one for him

Very unfortunate for Loffler. Is this season ending and possibly career ending?

2019 Grey Cup Champions
GCn19

« Reply #276 on: June 27, 2019, 09:01:12 PM »

There seems to be a great amount of confusion as to the difference between being genius and being fortunate amongst a couple of posters here.

I'll give you a hint Aards...FORTUNATELY Loffler and JSK did not accept our contract offers because it appears as though both are now injured.

FORTUNATELY, for one game we haven't missed them.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 09:05:55 PM by GCn18 » Logged

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #277 on: June 27, 2019, 09:43:02 PM »

Goosen was a tough loss, but the dude followed his dream to be a cop...Walters had 0 to do with that
Chungh was a tough loss, we wanted him apparently badly, It seems BC wanted him even more and arguably overpaid...Walters tried and deserves credit for potentially not over paying
Loffler was a tough loss, but the every game he played IMO was a bonus, unfortunatly his style of play and injury history had the odds on him not playing as much as he did. Walters may have got extremely lucky with the timing....luck....
JSK, was a tough loss, The guy got paid more, good on him...Did Walters know something about him? Unknown but he is young and talented, i would venture to say he will recover and again play great ball

Look every GM wins some and losses some and Walters is no different, he is not a god of GM's but he seems like a good steady GM.

To say we had some crystal ball insight on injuries, and our back-ups being better etc. is about as truthfull/realistic as Trudeau saying he will have a Pipeline built under his leadership
NewBlue

« Reply #278 on: June 27, 2019, 10:58:21 PM »

Sucks for Loffler...has it been confirmed yet?  I expected him to go thru injuries, but that has to be tough for him.
theaardvark

« Reply #279 on: June 28, 2019, 03:21:49 PM »

JSK and Loffler were both injury concerns, and were offered deals commensurate with that risk.  SMS is not something you can fool with, having players linger on 1 games is deadly.  That said, having Wilson and Hecht/Jones made those decisions much, much easier.  And it has worked out, not signing Chungh, Loffler and JSK opened cap space for Matthews and Jefferson... who really haven't made a name this year, but you know they will...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
GCn19

« Reply #280 on: June 28, 2019, 03:30:32 PM »

JSK and Loffler were both injury concerns, and were offered deals commensurate with that risk.  SMS is not something you can fool with, having players linger on 1 games is deadly.  That said, having Wilson and Hecht/Jones made those decisions much, much easier.  And it has worked out, not signing Chungh, Loffler and JSK opened cap space for Matthews and Jefferson... who really haven't made a name this year, but you know they will...

Please explain to me how Loffler was an injury concern. The guy played just about every game here. That's pure baloney that you have created in your own head to try justify us not being able to afford his services any longer.

Some people take this forum way too seriously.
BlueInCgy

« Reply #281 on: June 28, 2019, 03:35:04 PM »

Please explain to me how Loffler was an injury concern. The guy played just about every game here. That's pure baloney that you have created in your own head to try justify us not being able to afford his services any longer.

...all the while completely ignoring persistent tub dwellers like Neufeld who keep managing to stick around....
kkc60

« Reply #282 on: June 28, 2019, 03:39:24 PM »

Apparently because he never practiced= injury waiting to happen
booch

« Reply #283 on: June 28, 2019, 03:39:54 PM »

Loffler may not have n=missed time...but he WAS an injury concern/risk...why do you think he rarely..if ever practiced here or participated in team drills...it was to preserve him, also a reason why he looked so awfull in coverage, and slow to react to balls in air and on recognizing route tree's to get there "before" the ball as opposed to his constant after that catch arrival...he never had time/opp to hone and practice on his skills...so it was wise to move on when we did really,,,sucks for him though.

And when was he hurt..as far as I saw/know he played the whole last game...was it in practice?...ooops on Als mngmt if it was
theaardvark

« Reply #284 on: June 28, 2019, 03:46:49 PM »

Seriously?  Loffler fell to the third round due to injury concerns.  Loffler practiced occasionally, to limit injury concerns.  He was always coddled here. because of injury concerns, and we managed to get a good number of games out of him, through "load management".  Not saying he isn't a huge talent and a joy to watch come downhill and obliterate opponents.  But I'd be lying if I said I didn't cringe every time he did, expecting him to not get up...

Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: