Blue Bombers Forum
October 19, 2021, 02:06:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42
  Print  
Author Topic: Other Team Cuts and Transactions.  (Read 175005 times)
The Zipp
Global Moderator

Who gives a flying Buck...

« Reply #105 on: June 10, 2019, 01:25:51 AM »

Washington back at it on twitter, I believe he overstepped the line with a couple of twitter posts last year as well..

More Corey Washington Jr. Retweeted Rashaun Simonise 🇨🇦 🇭🇹
Take advantage of this opportunity and beat Winnipeg *** this week 💪🏾🙏🏾Corey Washington Jr. added,

Rashaun Simonise 🇨🇦 🇭🇹
Verified account

@HunchoRay
God is always looking out! Proud to announce my dream come true, I?ll be a BC Lion for the 2019 football season. No better way to play than in front of my own home crowd! @BCLions let?s get this cup!! 🧡🦁
4 replies 1 retweet 3 likes
Reply 4   Retweet 1   Like 3

Not like Washington is part of any team...I can see him being a bit salty towards the Bombers...
Nic16

« Reply #106 on: June 10, 2019, 02:54:24 AM »

Simonise will be lucky if he is dressed this week never mind actually seeing the field to kick anyone?s butt. Sure his dream? has come true...but dreams end real quick too.

Washington needs to focus on getting healthy so he can hit the pavement to look for another career.
dd

« Reply #107 on: June 10, 2019, 02:59:14 AM »

Who gives one rip about what Washington has to say!?! I get he s frustrated getting cut and not picked up but why trash talk from the unemployment line?? Class all the way!!
Nic16

« Reply #108 on: June 10, 2019, 03:32:54 AM »

Who gives one rip about what Washington has to say!?! I get he s frustrated getting cut and not picked up but why trash talk from the unemployment line?? Class all the way!!

He was a flop with the Bombers...and only time will tell whether he is with the Lions.

He was number 4 on the NAT receiver depth chart, and would have been 5 - if Coombs was/is signed.

Not a big loss if the kids heart wasn?t here.

kkc60

« Reply #109 on: June 10, 2019, 04:03:57 AM »

He was a flop with the Bombers...and only time will tell whether he is with the Lions.

He was number 4 on the NAT receiver depth chart, and would have been 5 - if Coombs was/is signed.

Not a big loss if the kids heart wasn?t here.

I wouldn't judge his heart. He did and does a good amount of community stuff compared to other players, from what I've seen and heard
66 Chevelle

« Reply #110 on: June 10, 2019, 04:31:11 AM »

I'm not sure how he could be considered a flop either... it appears that he did the most he could have relative to the opportunity...

in 2018 he got to play in 3 games, he went 4/5 for 122 yards, averaged a touch over 30 yds per catch, had 2 of his 4 completions were 30+ yard receptions...

in this year's preseason he was 1/1 for 10 yards in game 1... in game 2 he did go 0/2, one pass was knocked down... however he did have 1 catch for 10 yards again but there was a penalty on the play and the Bombers elected to take the 10 yard penalty instead... Plus, there were late game throws coming from QB3 (1 throw) and QB4 (2 throws)...

on the other hand, I'm not sure anyone would think that we should sign Coombs, I'd rather have Simonise back...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
kkc60

« Reply #111 on: June 10, 2019, 05:25:23 AM »

Coombs would be a cute signing and a good one several years ago. Now it's just unnecessary. I'd rather keep Simonise too. Different player and younger.

Simonise was a gifted athlete, just needed to piece it all together. He also blocked a punt for us last year
M.O.A.B.

« Reply #112 on: June 10, 2019, 10:33:22 AM »

Coombs would be a cute signing and a good one several years ago. Now it's just unnecessary. I'd rather keep Simonise too. Different player and younger.

Simonise was a gifted athlete, just needed to piece it all together. He also blocked a punt for us last year

I like Simonise too and I'm one of those defending he wont be cut. But as Knuckles was hinting last game, he's (Simonise) problem is between the ears, whatever that means.  Grin
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 10:38:34 AM by M.O.A.B. » Logged
TBURGESS

« Reply #113 on: June 10, 2019, 12:26:07 PM »

I hope we don't sign Coombs. Guy's been injured his whole career. His only value is as Demski's backup and I'd rather have a younger, cheaper guy with upside in that role.

Simonise sounds happy to be 'home'. I didn't think it would take very long for him to find a team because he is the younger, cheaper NI backup that teams like. If he gets his head in the game, he could still be dangerous.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
sweep the leg

« Reply #114 on: June 10, 2019, 12:39:59 PM »

I hope we don't sign Coombs. Guy's been injured his whole career. His only value is as Demski's backup and I'd rather have a younger, cheaper guy with upside in that role.

I was surprised to see that Coombs is only 26.
3rdand1.5

« Reply #115 on: June 10, 2019, 01:10:29 PM »

I'm sure there was something with Simonise we don't know. I wish him good luck in B.C. 
I am happy with Petermann, and Coombs if sms friendly would be good insurance. He would coming in as a 3rd or 4th Cdn receiver option. His experience could prove more worth than Simonises raw talent.
Doublezero

« Reply #116 on: June 10, 2019, 01:22:25 PM »

I'm not sure how he could be considered a flop either... it appears that he did the most he could have relative to the opportunity...

in 2018 he got to play in 3 games, he went 4/5 for 122 yards, averaged a touch over 30 yds per catch, had 2 of his 4 completions were 30+ yard receptions...

in this year's preseason he was 1/1 for 10 yards in game 1... in game 2 he did go 0/2, one pass was knocked down... however he did have 1 catch for 10 yards again but there was a penalty on the play and the Bombers elected to take the 10 yard penalty instead... Plus, there were late game throws coming from QB3 (1 throw) and QB4 (2 throws)...

on the other hand, I'm not sure anyone would think that we should sign Coombs, I'd rather have Simonise back...
Those 2 drops vs Sask were tough contested catches in tight space from imperfect throws. I don't think that was as much of a factor in his release as the decision to keep both Oliveira and Augustine around to spell Harris. Someone had to go. It's a good problem to have. Simonise might have a great career in BC and some of us might wish he was here. Coombs I can do without, though statistically he's slightly less mediocre than than Demski.

Just gimme the rock.
TBURGESS

« Reply #117 on: June 10, 2019, 01:22:57 PM »

I was surprised to see that Coombs is only 26.
Well that surprises me too.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers - 2019 Grey Cup Champs.
66 Chevelle

« Reply #118 on: June 10, 2019, 01:23:08 PM »

maybe his head was in the game because he didn't like the role he was asked to play, 4th on national receiver talent... it may have been a mutual agreement that he be released instead of going to the PR or a limited role on the AR much like last year... team says 'here's what we have for you', and the player can either accept it or not...

it hard to tell what actually went down...  in the first preseason game his only target and reception came in the last series of the 4th quarter, 3 plays before the game was over in a 20-3 win... basically the same thing in the second game, no action until very late in the 3rd quarter and the 4th...

didn't seem like the team was looking to him to be a starter given the amount of playing time and targets he was seeing... not saying that was wrong, just pointing out what I saw...

just because you can doesn't mean you should...
Nic16

« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2019, 02:06:34 PM »

I was just excited as everyone else for Simonise?s potential, but from reading his latest tweet his heart was still back home - despite all the community service he provided.

And unfortunately in games (and practices that I seen) he rarely if ever flashed the potential he had pre-drug suspension. So, I can certainly see why the BB?s decided to move on from him. Now, whether that turns out to be the correct decision or not for the Bombers down the road...it will be up to Simonise to prove.

As for Coombs, he is only 2 yrs older than Simonise, and to this point in their (Pro and amateur) football careers Coombs has proven far more on the field. His versatility fits LaPo?s O to a T, and he would add some valuable CFL experience (Grey Cup winner - with 9 receptions in the semi-final v the Riders).
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 42
  Print  

Jump to: