Valour FC- Official thread

Started by bomber4life85, April 21, 2019, 05:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomber4life85

Winnipeg's new CPL pro soccer teams official thread.

Here is a current list of the roster.

POS   NAME                              AGE    Former Club

GK   Mathias Janssens      20   RAAL La Louvire (BEL)
GK   Tyson Farago                 27   St. Patricks Athletic (IRL)
DF   Adam Mitter              26   Global Cebu (PHL)
DF   Martin Arguiarena      27   Boston River (URY)
DF   Jordan Murrell              25   Reno 1868 (USL)
DF   Skylar Thomas                   25   Charleston Battery (USL)
DF   Rapha?l Garcia                   19   Montreal Impact Academy (MLS)
MF   Raphael Ohin                 23   WSA Winnipeg (PDL)
MF/DF Diego Gutierrez           22    Palestino (CHL)
MF   Michael Petrasso      23   Montreal Impact (MLS)
MF/FW Dylan Sacramento           24   Vaughan Azzurri (L1O)
MF   Dylan Carreiro                   24   York University (U SPORTS)
MF   Nicols Galvis              21   Deportivo Pereira (COL)
MF   Federico Pea              20   Standard de Lige (BEL)
MF   Josip Golubar              34   NK Varadin (CRO)
MF   Louis Bland-Goyette      23   Montreal Impact (MLS)
MF   Glenn Muenkat              20   1.FC Kaiserslautern (GER)
FW   Ali Musse                      23   Calgary Foothills (PDL)
FW   Stephen Hoyle              26   Canterbury United (NZ)
FW   Tyler Attardo              17   ChievoVerona (ITA)
FW   Calum Ferguson                   24   Elgin City (SCO)

Their first ever match May 1 on Vancouver Island vs Pacific FC (all matches in the CPL except CBC broadcast matches) will be available on OneSoccer media network. Subscriptions will be available soon. There will be a free trial aswell.  Their home opener will play May 4 vs Edmonton FC. Full schedule can be found here on their website.

https://valourfc.canpl.ca/schedule/

CBC national broadcasts of Valour FC matches will be as follows

Saturday July 27 Cavalry FC @ Valour FC
Saturday September 21 Valour FC @ HFX Wanderers FC

There will also be a few more Valour matches streaming live on cbc.ca, cbc GEM and cbc sports app.

Tickets are available on ticketmaster.ca and range from $20.98-$57.57 for single game tickets. Mini packs come in minimum 6 games and are up to 20% off walk up prices and comes with a 10% discount on merch. Merchandise is in the Bomber Store.

bomber4life85

They have opened up 4 sections of seats on the other side of the stadium as the regular side is almost soldout. It?s going  to be a nice crowd for the opener!

bomber4life85

Wednesday May 1, 2019

PACIFIC FC   
vs
VALOUR FC

Westhills Stadium, Langford, BC

Valour FC first ever match in the CPL.

bomber4life85

VALOUR FC WINS FIRST EVER CPL MATCH!

Pacific FC 1
Valour FC 2
https://canpl.ca/matchcentre/4j6hzym2ji5zgrm0w0nzugmzu/highlights

Stephen Hoyle scored Valour FC's first ever CPL goal in the 23rd minute and Dylan Carreiro notched the winner as they picked up 3pts in Langford, BC infront of 2,360 at Westhills Stadium. Pacific FC falls to 1-1-0.

A crowd of over 10,000 is expected to welcome Valour FC home to their first ever home opener on Saturday. Tickets can still be purchased here. https://www1.ticketmaster.ca/valour-fc-vs-fc-edmonton/event/1100566571121BCE

blue_or_die

#Ride?

Sir Blue and Gold

Cool - I got tickets for Saturday. Interested to see the level of play!

Jesse

So this is obviously the start of the season, right? Not an exhibition?
My wife is amazing!

Sir Blue and Gold

Quote from: Jesse on May 02, 2019, 03:06:50 PM
So this is obviously the start of the season, right? Not an exhibition?

Ya - they're doing a spring and fall season. The winners from each season play each other in a final championship game. Soccer is sort of weird that they don't typically have a playoff format for regular season play but apparently this is done in a few other South American leagues. I guess it's a bit of middle ground. There wasn't a pre-season or exhibition as far as I know. 

Stretch

Money is no object...especially when you have none.

blue_or_die

I gotta say, I know nothing about soccer nor do I have that much of an interest, but I watched the game 1 highlights and was pretty impressed. I could see myself checking it out.

The soccer fan base is mostly complementary to the football base, and so I'm glad to see them have a team to embrace. I sincerely hope they do. Great ticket sales to kick this off- I hope they can find sustained success.

I'm excited to see what a successful team will do for the WFC's bottom line. More dates at IGF and butts in the seats means $$.

Quote from: Stretch on May 02, 2019, 05:10:57 PM
This is kind of a cool thing they're doing on Saturday: https://valourfc.canpl.ca/article/valour-fc-partner-with-nicolinos-to-launch-march-to-the-match

Tres cool!
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

Encouraging.  If I wasn?t banged up from a motorcycle accident I probably would?ve gone on Saturday. Hopefully they win!
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

blue_or_die

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on May 02, 2019, 08:54:23 PM
Encouraging.  If I wasn?t banged up from a motorcycle accident I probably would?ve gone on Saturday. Hopefully they win!

You ok Goldie?
#Ride?

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: blue_or_die on May 03, 2019, 01:00:15 PM
You ok Goldie?
I am and on the mend. Smashed up right hand and large wound on my right knee cap. Should be good to go by first BB game. Thanks for asking.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

bomber4life85

Canadian Premier League  Match #6
Valour FC vs. FC Edmonton
May 4, 2019  Investors Group Field (6 p.m. ET, 5 p.m. CT)
Watch Live: OneSoccer.ca (Pre-show begins at 5:30 p.m. ET)

Winnipeg will round out the CPL?s historical triple-header Saturday with Valour FC welcoming FC Edmonton in the club?s home opener. Approx 11,000 tickets have been sold thus far prior to the game.

The evening match at Investors Group Field will be FC Edmonton?s first match since 2017 and their first in the CPL.

Despite FCE?s maiden voyage, the majority of attention will be placed on the home side, who return to Winnipeg on a high after winning their inaugural match 2-1 away to Pacific FC on Wednesday. Stephen Hoyle and second-half substitute Dylan Carerro were amongst the goals at Westhills.

FC Edmonton comes in fresh, having seen Valour play and following a short travel day to Winnipeg. Head coach Jeff Paulus promises to play fast, attacking football, using players like winger Randy Edwini-Bonsu and midfielder James Marcelin to stretch play and create chances.

Valour will have another quick turnaround following Saturday?s match, eying a Wednesday away trip to Cavalry FC ( 9 p.m. ET/7 p.m. MT, OneSoccer). The Eddies will have the full week to prepare for their club?s CPL home opener on Sunday, May 12 against Pacific FC (3:30 ET/1:30PT, One Soccer).

KEYS TO THE MATCH

Three at the back, again: Rob Gale trotted out a three-man backline for his teams first match, which made sense if you're trying to neutralize the threat of a point-man like Marcus Haber; but with FC Edmonton's 4-3-3, that formation runs the risk of being overrun by fast, dynamic attackers, of which the Eddies boast, in spades. As such, Gale will need to decide between sticking to what worked the first time, or adjusting to compensate for the additional attackers his side will be facing.
Tomi up top Before laying out his plan, Gale will need to assess who FC Edmonton actually starts up top, though. The Eddies main striker, Tomi Ameobi, missed training on Wednesday with a knock, and Paulus only offered that his inclusion will come down to a game-time decision without Ameobi, Edmonton?s game-plan will need to change, with Randy Edwini-Bonsu likely slotting into centre-forward.
Neutralize Beland-Goyette: So much of Valour's success in midfield against Pacific FC came down to Louis Beland-Goyette?s ability to control possession, turn on a dime, and spread the ball out wide to Michael Petrasso in one clean motion and Edmonton will be aware of that, from the game tape. Making sure Beland-Goyette doesnt have the luxuries of space or time on the ball can be the difference between a no-nonsense attacking stop, or a dangerous situation, developed quickly in transition.
PROJECTED LINEUPS

Valour FC: Tyson Farago; Nicols Galvis, Martin Arguiarena, Skylar Thomas, Jordan Murrell, Diego Guti?rrez; Louis B?land-Goyette, Josip Golubar, Dylan Sacramento; Michael Petrasso, Stephen Hoyle

FC Edmonton: Triston Henry; Kwame Auwuah, Dominic Samuel, Bertrand Owundi Eko'o, Giuliano Frano; Alexander Achinioti Jonsson, Elimane Cisse, Chris Nanco, Kyle Bekker, Tristan Borges; Emery Welshman

HEAD-TO-HEAD

First meeting between these clubs

STATS LEADERS

Stephen Hoyle, Dylan Carreiro (Valour) ?1 goal

INJURIES

Tomi Ameobi (FC Edmonton)  questionable

INTERNATIONAL DUTY

None

SUSPENSIONS

None

ACCUMULATION

None