Winnipeg Jets Discussion - 2017/2018 Season

Started by ModAdmin, September 16, 2017, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on June 30, 2018, 03:11:40 PM
From Frank Seravalli:

#nhljets unload Steve Mason, Joel Armia, a 4th round pick and a 7th round pick to #Habs in exchange for defenceman Simon Bourque. It?s a pure salary dump, opening space to re-sign Paul Stastny.

I am shocked Chevy was able to move Mason! I liked Armia but we have others just as good coming up. Nice work Chevy! Now get Stastny to sign on the line!!

Wow impressive the Mason contract sucked. Armia was missing in action a lot.
I LOSHT MY MEMBER IN AN UNFORTUNATE SHMELTING ACCSHIDENT!

TrueBlue75

Another trade, although it?s a small one.

The #NHLJets have acquired Nicolas Kerdiles from the @AnaheimDucks in exchange for Chase De Leo.

Seems like a similar player exchange so a bit curious on this one.

TrueBlue75

Well this sucks...

Winnipeg learned late last night Statsny was likely headed in a different direction. Jets went beyond their cap comfort trying to keep him.
-From Darren Dreger

The Zipp

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on July 01, 2018, 01:42:30 PM
Well this sucks...

Winnipeg learned late last night Statsny was likely headed in a different direction. Jets went beyond their cap comfort trying to keep him.
-From Darren Dreger

Vegas ???  What the flip??

GOLDMEMBER

Quote from: TrueBlue75 on July 02, 2018, 12:07:13 AM
I hate VGK...

There is not much to like.

They were given every advantage under the sun to be successful right off the hop.

The Jets got a piece of crap franchise with zero prospects. Yes we did get lucky to get the Liane pick.

The pre shows are beyond stupid, there fans are not fans of hockey, they are fans of a spectacle.

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 02, 2018, 12:40:51 AM

They were given every advantage under the sun to be successful right off the hop.

The Jets got a piece of crap franchise with zero prospects. Yes we did get lucky to get the Liane pick.

The pre shows are beyond stupid, there fans are not fans of hockey, they are fans of a spectacle.

We will win The Cup anyway.   **** the NHL and the crap.

Our team is built on picks.  Hard road.
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

Colton

Quote from: GOLDMEMBER on July 02, 2018, 12:40:51 AM

Yeah, it was so easy. That's why everyone had them pegged as a Stanley Cup Finalist before the expansion draft even began. It was obvious they were going to be one of the best teams in the NHL this past season.

Old Rusty

VGK ->  3 of their D played like maniacs, including an older dude (Englland - sic).  Way, way, way beyond their apparent skills.
       ->  great coaching with huge buy-in.
       --> Lights out goaltending.  Mark Andre Fleury played at his peak until the last few games of the final series.
As you ramble on through life, Brother,
Whatever be your goal,
Keep your eye upon the doughnut,
And not upon the hole.

In Motion

Before the Jets, I was a true Blue Leafs fan. I was 11 when they last won the Stanley Cup.
The Leafs look really, really good this season, although can they win in the playoffs with
their defense? Time will tell.

I've always said to win a Cup in the NHL, you need at least one, maybe even two, superstars...
and even your worst player has to be pretty good.
Well, looks like the Leafs and Jets are both getting to that stage.
Happy Times for me! :)

Pigskin

Sure the leafs can win the cup. They will just out score you 11-10.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

Pigskin

Wow, that sucked. Up 4-1 and end up blowing it.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

GOLDMEMBER

theaardvark

So, is there a reason this thread isn't closed???
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.