Parking for Jets playoffs

Started by drahgon, April 30, 2018, 02:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drahgon

Tomorrow is my first chance to attend a playoff game and am unsure what the parking situation is like with the street closures and additional people flocking downtown. I usually park in the Millennium library parkade during the regular season but that is right in the middle of the whiteout street party, not sure how access is before and after the game to that parkade.

Any tips/suggestions on where to park if attending a playoff game?

blue_gold_84

I'd recommend taking public transit or a taxi downtown. I imagine trying to find parking there tomorrow will be brutal, unless you intend to be downtown by 4:30-5:00.
#forthew
лава Україні!
Don't be a Rich.

jayrock

If you are going to park, get here early and do not be in a rush to get out. And be prepared to shell out min $20 to park.

If you can manage it, take the bus, come down a bit early and stay a bit late.

Getting a cab there will not be to big an issue, but I have had friends tell me getting a cab home takes about an hour or so.
RIDER PRIDE ALIVE IN THE PEG

The Zipp

if you dont mind a stroll the goldeyes parking lots in the forks seem to often be available...you can walk most of the way inside but prob not an issue now.

theaardvark

I wonder if there are hotel rooms available those nights...  might be easier ;)
Unabashed positron.  Blue koolaid in my fridge.  I wear my blue sunglasses at night.  Homer, d'oh.

drahgon

Thanks for the tips, looking at potential locations to park and catch the bus. I'm pretty patient when it comes to leaving after an event, my worst was leaving candlestick park in San Francisco. It took over 2 hours just get get out of the parking lot!

Tiger

Quote from: drahgon on April 30, 2018, 02:09:20 PM
Tomorrow is my first chance to attend a playoff game and am unsure what the parking situation is like with the street closures and additional people flocking downtown. I usually park in the Millennium library parkade during the regular season but that is right in the middle of the whiteout street party, not sure how access is before and after the game to that parkade.

Any tips/suggestions on where to park if attending a playoff game?

There are 4 little parking lots on Donald Street just South of St Mary Ave that runs East to West. 
They were not full for the first series and it is an easy exit down Donald and over bridge or to Broadway east or west.  Farthest south lot and side has bigger spaces if you have a truck and less than 1/2 block from white out party.  Easy peasy
Football is easy if you're crazy as hell
Bo Jackson

We are inclined to think that if we watch a football game or a baseball game, we have taken part in it
John Fitzgerald Kennedy

BC Sucks
Tiger

drahgon

^ I left work early yesterday and did exactly this, it was smooth sailing both coming and going. What a game as well!

Pigskin

I have been taking the bus for the playoffs. The first game I took my car and it would have been faster to walk home.
Don't go through life looking in the rearview mirror.

gbill2004

For yesterday's game I took the car to work in the morning, parked in a lot round Donald, paid $20 for the day and evening.  Leaving was easy and driving down St. Annes was a breeze...I was home about 20 minutes after the game ended.