Street parking rates almost doubled

Started by Chris1982, April 01, 2018, 05:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New_Earth_Mud

Quote from: Pigskin on April 07, 2018, 09:44:09 PM
I don't like Bowman. Our front street hasn't been cleaned in 2 years, that's summer or winter. Back lane, not once this winter.

May i ask what part of the city?
#35.... The Godfather of Swag

gbill2004

Quote from: theaardvark on April 08, 2018, 07:09:03 PM
They give you a reference number for a reason.  If you are not satisfied, escalate the issue.  Call back, quote the reference number, and then contact your councilor.

Squeaky wheels get greased.
Yep we may need to contact our councillor. We?ve followed up a few times over an almost three year period and nothing. 

buckzumhoff

Too many cars parking downtown, increase will help pay for transit. Theres no shopping really downtown so most people should try taking transit to work and they will save the 3.50 an hour. 99 per cent of the cars have only one person per car. Too easy to fill up the downtown parking. Councillors don't answer the phone anyways and if they did its the secretary who will pass the message on. City councillors don't do what they used to do. I haven't seen mine since election day. The odd time might see them in the district paper giving money to some organization.

gbill2004

Quote from: buckzumhoff on April 10, 2018, 08:17:06 PM
Too many cars parking downtown, increase will help pay for transit. Theres no shopping really downtown so most people should try taking transit to work and they will save the 3.50 an hour. 99 per cent of the cars have only one person per car. Too easy to fill up the downtown parking. Councillors don't answer the phone anyways and if they did its the secretary who will pass the message on. City councillors don't do what they used to do. I haven't seen mine since election day. The odd time might see them in the district paper giving money to some organization.
Smart man here!  I take the bus to and from work downtown every day and it?s great! 

Chris1982

Transit is always a great option for people who have direct and convenient routes.  Lots of people need 1-2 connections and can make this difficult.

gbill2004

Quote from: Chris1982 on April 10, 2018, 09:20:48 PM
Transit is always a great option for people who have direct and convenient routes.  Lots of people need 1-2 connections and can make this difficult.
Yep, connections are brutal. 

bluengold204

Quote from: gbill2004 on April 10, 2018, 08:30:33 PM
Smart man here!  I take the bus to and from work downtown every day and it?s great! 

Yeah I do the same during winter.  Once the snow melts I ride my bike to work tho until the first snow fall.

gbill2004

Quote from: bluengold204 on April 11, 2018, 01:52:01 PM
Yeah I do the same during winter.  Once the snow melts I ride my bike to work tho until the first snow fall.
I've been considering taking my bike to work, but I get concerned about the safety part of it...every year you see one or two people get hit by cars.